Benoit Murder Details Revealed

6/26/2007 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BenoitTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Natalie

241 is right they have yet to release exactly if benoit did this ugly crime yet I do find the bibles weird and last night chavo a close friend of benoits said he was just over his house last week and talked to benoit before this tragic death

christina

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO THINK WWE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE TRIBUTE SHOW:

They DID NOT know the details of ANY of the deaths. They had just found out about it 2 hours BEFORE showtime . Once they got wind od the aligations they took down ALL benoit related stuff off of the official website.

PLEASE LEARN YOUR FACTS BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTHS!!!

Farris

I personally am still very shocked by Benoit's death. Still a wrestling fan @ 33, he was onoe of the very few that I thought actually took his "job" seriously, and I admired him greatly. I cannot help but feel that these deaths are not as cut and dry as local authorities are making them out to seem, and personally think something smells fishy in the state of Georgia. Although I did not know him personally, I have followed his career for many years, and nothing about his public behavior ever indicated that he could be the monster that authorities claim him to be, due to this weekends horrific events. I do, however, want to point out that everyone is quick to scream "roid rage", when nothing about this tragedy shows any signs of RAGE. This statement directly from www.WWE.com basically sums up exactly how I feel about all of the accusations: " The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage." I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!! If anyone was a true fan of the Rabid Wolverine, the latest article on that site has so many valid points, and some what debunks many of the statements that investigators have so willingly shared with the media. To sum all of this up...Pro Wrestler = Steroid Use. HOW FAIR IS THAT?!?!?! If, in fact, the toxicology reports show positive for steroids, then I will take off my rose colored glasses, and see this tragedy for what it truly is. But until that happens, I firmly believe something else happened in that house, and it was not because the wolverine was rabid!

Laura

When I see big, tough men like WWE wrestlers cry because a friend dies...no matter what the cause of death...it affects me. Yes, I dropped a tear or two when Edge began crying. The feelings he had for his friend were honest. These guys can be fairly good actors, but they are not THAT good.

What we see of wrestlers in the ring is an act...a performance. That is not always what they are in real life. Yes, some of them have problems. Serious problems! But so do school teachers, priests, and lots of other professions.

The blame game is easy to play. Steroids, violence, you could go on and on, but the fact is no one knows the truth at this time. No one knows what was going on in Benoit's head to cause this and we may never know.

Yes, this is a tragedy. Any time someone takes another's life is a tragedy.

I enjoyed watching Benoit wrestle and I admit to being a wrestling fan. Have been since I was very young. This does not make me dumb or an idiot and I resent being called that.

One of the most important things said last night was by Jerry Lawler. He said he was going home to hug his girlfriend and kids and that those watching should do the same thing.

The things that were said on last night's WWE show were said from the heart. Was the show in bad taste? Maybe, but those guys cared for Benoit and probably would say the same things if Benoit did kill his wife and son. He was their friend.

nick x

I cannot condone anything that Chris Benoit has done but i honestly think the follwing:

1) He must have had some sort of mental breakdown.
2)He killed his wife and son aswell as himself because he didn't want to be alive on earth and wanted them to join him in heaven.
3) (A follow on to the last one) I believe he wanted them all to live in heaven because he planted a bible next to each of the bodies this indicates no rage and just pure thought of god!

so i hope people wil remember him as a wrestler but i no most won't. Thanks for reading my views

R.I.P Chris Benoit his wife and son Daniel!!!

BronzedDawn

NEVER had I thought I would hear of such horrid news right in my own back yard...never had I thought I would hear of a person whos been in the spot light take the life of his own child and wife then to cower out and take his own after 2 days of thought...
I agree there were definate mental problems looming within the mind of this man,but to take the lives of 2 innocent people and make them suffer just because of being miserable yourself is the most selfish act a man can or will ever do.
I feel for the family of Nancy and her lil boy,as well as Chris's family - but will never understand how Chris could of been so selfish.
Jerk!

sharon

i cant really understand why he would do such a thing from the time i was i was young til now i just dont know how can he just kill his wife and his kid . then turn around and kill hisself?? i just dont really know at all

NV

I may be able to take something positive about this. My son is 9 years old and a big WWE fan. He heard about what happened to Chris Benoit but didn't really understand it.

I calmly explained that sometimes living with Mommy and the kids can make a man go cuckoo and kill them all. We just kind of stared at each other in silence after that. Then I looked off and stared at a spot on the ceiling for a couple minutes.

I think he got the message. I think that boy is going to be a lot more obedient around here than he is for the two weeks before Christmas. He picked up his shoes off the ground and told me he was going to make his bed. I just gave him another blank stare. After he left I took a sip of my coffee. Damn, this is good coffee.

Crisis man

All speculation aside, this is a tragedy of epic proportions. My heart is heavy for the family as I have had a close loved one murdered. Only God knows the reason why such a tragedy happened. Let us not judge but let us support.

wackojacko

You have to wonder if the many concussions he suffered from the many years wrestling caused the "meltdown", and drove him to kill. The investigators have said that it isn't a case of "roid rage", so it makes me wonder.
So sad, such a tragedy.

THE RABBID WOLVERINE

r.i.p. benoit CRIPPLER

Downwiththesickness

I would like for all of this speculation to become a bit more solid before I start blasting a dead man, to be honest.

BUT...if the speculation is true...if Benoit really killed his son's mother, and then killed his son a day later... I don't care if he is sick, drugged, upset, had a hangnail, or was on 'roids...there is no acceptable excuse on this earth for him. IF THIS IS THE CASE, then I DO hope there is a special place in hell just for him. And if he is completely innocent, I am sure he would agree.

I AM a bit unsettled by the WWE's lapse of judgement in doing a 3 hour tribute without the facts. I sat through that...I shed a tear, even. Without the facts, a moment of silence would have sufficed, and a 3 hour tribute could have waited for the autopsies. Hindsight is 20/20, but I expected the WWE to be more careful. If the other wrestlers wanted to talk about Benoit, they could certainly have consulted a shrink, rather than embarrasing themselves to the world.

Concerned fan of WWE

Before we judge the WWE, Chris benoit or anyone at all please remember your love ones that you have in your life and think hard on how much they really all mean to us. If Chris has really done what he is accused of then he will be punished in hell. But again what is done is done lets learn form this and charish what we have. There is no reason at all to honestly take the life of a family member. family is a very powerful thing and can over come anythign when it is together. The love of a family is the most powerful thing in the world.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved in thsi horrific event.

Love your families for Daniel Benoit ecspecially.

Tisha

I am a big wrestling fan. So at first it was very disturbing to hear another wrestling legend had died suddenly. However as the day went on it was discovered the Benoit had killed his wife, son and then himself. I thin the WWE should not have aired their tribute to him on Monday nite, nor should we be sensationalizing this man, his career or his death. If anyone is to be mourned its his wife and son because they didnt asked to be put in that situation. We shouldnt judge him, but we definetly should not mourn him because at the end of the day he is a murderer.

jane smith

Absolutely a HORRIBLE act that one human has done to not only his wife, the mother of his child, but also to his young innocent son. But it is sad for me to say, it does not surprise me. I am all TOO familiar with the look in the eyes of a wrestler when they are in the middle of such rage and choking the life out of you. I don't even have to imagine what that poor woman saw and went through. Never mind the fact if his child was witnessing it. Like I said, I AM ALL TOO FAMILER WITH ALL THE DETAILS! It is a sad day, but makes me so THANKFUL that I made it out alive and in one piece.
My thoughts are with all of their families. And I am sure as time goes on, the truth of the story behind such a HORENDOUS deed will be told!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments