Benoit Murder Details Revealed

6/26/2007 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BenoitTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

ANGIE BABY

awful news. i can't imagine what their life was like before this, but it couldn't have been good. Terrible.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I don't follow wresting but I did hear this story and thought how sad for an entire family to be wiped out. Now, to hear more of the details, it's very heartbreaking. I wonder what would bring a person to such a point as to kill his wife and his child? Sad. Sad. Sad.

c

This is so sad. I can only wonder what lead him to do something so horrific!

brittney

i am very saddened about the incident and shocked !!! i am a wwe fan and can't believe it!!

badlands

omg look real news without blonde tuna. this is terrible. he was always such a seemingly nice educated guy (out of wrestling that is)..maybe steroid meltdown.

Cari

That is very sad My husband watch's wrestling all the time I cant believe this its just crazy our prayers go out to both Familys

greeneyedlass

You know it's bad enough to kill an adult, but how can ANYONE take the life of a child?!!! I don't mourn him at all, but I do mourn that poor little boy and his mother....I can't even fathom how scared that poor child must have been. There's a special place in hell for that man!

skeptical at best

now that is just tragic. what else can you say about this?

brittney

how sad!! i am a true wwe fan and can't believe it!!!

dude

And have a nice day.

Heather

He wasn't known to be a monster. I guess it is possible for people to just snap one day. I can't even imagine about his little boy and what it was like for that kid. That's where my sadness is at. It is bad enough to kill your spouse, but really going a step further to murder your own child.

cari

So sick that he had to kill that poor innocent child. And his wife. It's always a shame when someone feels so hopeless that he loses the will to live, but the problem is compounded when they kill those around them too. I'm sorry for the people who spent three hours of their lives that they will never get back on a tribute glorifying this very sick and disturbed murderer.

suritomkatfan

I hope this guy boils in hell for eternity

KP

As a lot of us guessed yesterday (to some derision from Benoit's fans), this was sadly a murder-suicide. I'm just sorry we were right. RIP.

OhLisaLisa

He'll burn in hell for that....