Cops Give Gruesome Details of Benoit Killing Spree

6/26/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Officials have confirmed the horrifying details in the deaths of wrestling superstar Chris Benoit and his family.

In a statement by a member of the Fayetteville Sheriff's Department, "Mr, Benoit had sometime, possibly Friday, murdered his wife by asphyxiation. Sometime shortly after that, the same for his son Daniel and sometime later ... committed suicide by hanging himself in the basement area."

According to officials, Nancy was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body, and blood was found underneath her head. A Bible was also reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

Police have also confirmed that prescription drugs and steroids were found in the house.

Benoit was found hanging in a weight room in his house. Cops say that he used a cord from one of his workout machines as a makeshift noose. Authorities also believe that Benoit died on Saturday.

Story developing ...

kayla

i dont think that chris would to anything like this

WhiskeyGirl76543

How very sad, when will people learn abusing steroids leads to very bad things, My heart goes out to there family

cleve

he always looked insane... I guess we all know he was...same with Eddie Guerrero,another steroid abuser and wrestler.

JV

I thought, as many others did, that steroids may be involved. How sad, but thank God his other children were not home with him.

pooder

i have no words to express my sorrow. that poor child.

MallReviews.com

Ugh!

Andrea

I just knew that steroids had to be involved! I hope that he burns in hell for what he did to his family!

just me

Wow, I feel mostly for his other two kids. Hope they get the help they will need in the near future...

bobbybaby

Thank our precious lord that the bible was near. Can you imagine how happy she must have been drawing her last breath and knowing she had the bible near her. She is definately in heaven??? I'll bet he is also.

randy

i dont no whats wrong with white people the look normal this time the next time the turn to serial killer.

marlena

how sad...is everyone killing their childs and wife or husband these days...he should just killed himself...let his wife and son along....too many drugs in him most likely.....

IN SHOCK

SICK >>>>>>>>:{{ SICK>>>>>>>:{{ WHAT A SHAME!!

amanda

What the hell? It's really hard to believe that he would do that kinda thing. He still is a legend of the wrestling world. Sometimes people just snap especially those that take drugs.

sonia

So sad...Unbelieveable...What could of led to this..?They said ALOT of prescription drugs were prescribed to him...wow..shocking

Trev

I feel so very sad for both of the extended families.......I have to wonder what makes a decent individual react like this, is it as simple as Roid rage?