Rosie's Daughter -- Child Soldier?

6/26/2007 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The strenuously anti-war Rosie O'Donnell just took her message to a completely different level, dressing her 4-year-old daughter Vivienne in an ammo belt and fatigues in a photo on the top of her blog at Rosie.com
Rosie's daughter
Rosie took flak from fans and foes alike, almost immediately after posting, but defended the choice in her usual defiantly minimalist way. "Art can't hurt u," she said to one foe who called her "sick," and replied, "Art provokes," to one fan who had begged her to take the picture down.

Trump? O'Reilly? Your serve.

Michie

It is a kid playing dress up! Give me a break. Now you will all say it's a bad thing for a kid to be a soldier?! You must crazy to let your kid dress up like someone in the Armed Services. Hello, soldiers are the good guys.

Do you people actually here what your saying???

BEEJ

That is an adorable little girl. Seriously beautiful. If Rosie really meant it to be 'art,' than yes, it is provoking, poignant and powerful. Before you say she shouldn't 'dress her child' like that, keep in mind that a four-year-old can make her own decisions as to dress.

He's just another Idiot

This is just further proof that Rosie needs to be in a Psycho Ward somewhere. She is a sicko, no doubt about it. Your poor child looks so sad. Get some treatment soon, Rosie, before you do something really, really terrible !

Avamp1

ROSI GO FIND A BIG ROCK AND LAY UNDER IT. OH, THAT WOULD BE A HELL OF A BIG ROCK. I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ANY THAT BIG..... FAT ASS

belinda

Get your facts straight. This was not a set up photo..she took pictures of her kid playing, as she has done with her son. Where was the outrage when it was her son playing soldier? Rosie like all of us is a parent. You can teach your kid war is bad by abolishing it or playing and discussing..its her choice, just like its yours. I wouldn't let my kid play guns..but my country was not at war, and he made guns anyway. Why doesnt the images of young children soldiering for real in iraq bother people this much.. for god'd sake, who is the hypocrite?

AG

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ASK HOW DO WE KNOW THAT AMMO IS NOT REAL.. ??

HOW DO YOU KNOW IS NOT?? REAL OR NOT CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO 'PRETEND PLAY' WITH TOY GUNS, AMMO, ETC. IT SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE. HOW ARE THEY GOING TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE IF THEY COME ACROSS THE REAL THING WHILE VISITING A FAMILY MEMBER OR AT A SLEEP OVER. TOO MANY CHILDREN DIE AS A RESULT OF ACCIDENTAL SHOOTING WHILE VISITING SOMEONE, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A TOY.

ITHINK SHE SHOULD DEFITNATLY BE INVESTIGATED BY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES IMMEDIATLY. THE LOOK ON THE CHILD'S FACE IS ALARMING. IF THEY WERE 'CAUGHT IN PLAY' I THINK SHE WOULD'VE HAD A DIFFERENT LOOK ON HER FACE.

NOWADAYS IF A CHILD BRINGS A TOY GUN TO SCHOOL, THEY GET EXPELLED. THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WHY. SO WHY ENCOURAGE THEM?

Adine

Yes, Rosie, we know what's going on across the world (sigh). Dressing your daughter in garb and gear doesn't make us more aware - though you do come across angry and abusive, extremely reactionary and quite frankly, very pedestrian. You lack imagination, when it comes down to it. Time for you to pack it in and go home for a long rest.

get a life people

Read her blog before you comment....Kids play dress up....She was playing with her brothers....And hell no those bullets are not real.....................

inSanDiego

Those who judge the most are the ones who are most insecure. We should all try to channel our energy spent judging Rosie and her decision into something creative. She is helping us all to think about the possibilities that exist.

COCO

Why a woman as angry as Rosie can adopt children is beyond my imagination. Day after day Rosie has prove us all that she is a very angry, insane individual. She is a bully and I hate to say this, but I will not be surprised if something very ugly it's happenning to those kids.

Rosie's partner it's also to blame, I bet she is an abusive "wife" and is under control of the bully, but for God's sake, protect your little beautiful daughter. That angel is not Donald Trump. She can't defend herself from the abuse.

Rosie it's a time bomb.

ChanceandHope'sMom

I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE OUTFITS CAME FROM.

Maybe there was a broadway set THAT accidently dumped all the costumes off by accident
and the kids got into them.

No parent buys those for their kids......Do they???

Come on if there's a bunch of you out there speak,, give some perspective.

LC

i agree with #10.

me

I don't think for a second that Rosie would let her kids play "soldier" when she's been so openly anti war. I think she dressed the little girl up and took a pic, posted it on her stupid blog with a dumb excuse and then sat back to wait for all the commotion it would cause. This picture is not art. This picture shows an a daughter of an attention starved moron who should have a visit from Childrens Services.

I, too, am not in favor of this war and I am a mom w/4 daughters. To exploit your kid this way is just repulsive.

Piglet Baldwin

Ms. O'Donnell is like a virulent strain of athlete's foot: she will not go away no matter what you hit her with. She is argumentative and divisive only for her own entertainment. She does nothing to further any serious dialogue in this country regarding politics. She is a noisy, nosy, obnoxious, irritating, annoying big-mouth and I suspect she always has been. She reminds me of the grade school class clown who would do ANYTHING to call attention to herself. Many comics have that background. The difference is those with TALENT have fostered their humor with wicked and scathing satire, worked hard to refine it into comic art, whereas she is still stuck in "hey-look-at-me" third grade.

LibbyLimaBean

I wonder how soon it will be before Rosie's "wife" will file for "divorce" and hopfully gain full custody of the children.