WWE: Bibles Prove Benoit Killings Were Not "Roid Rage"

6/26/2007 7:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The WWE is firing back at claims that the murders/suicide by former wrestling champion Chris Benoit were the result of "roid rage."
Click to read!
After local authorities revealed that steroids were found at the chilling murder scene, several media outlets claimed that a violent reaction caused by use of the supplements may have contributed Benoit's murderous behavior. The WWE claims that assumption is pure bulls**t, although they name no criminal, psychopharmaceutical or hormone expert as the source of their claims.

In a statement released to TMZ, WWE reps claim that the proof is in the Bibles left at the feet of Benoit's two victims. "The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage."

The WWE also claims that Benoit tested negative for steroids in the company's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007.

Jo Jo

Typical Vince McMahon. He probably denies the Holocost ever happened,too. True that nobody forced the steroids down these wrestlers throats. But, the fact is that McMahon doesn't want any non-muscular wrestlers on his shows. You either take the ROIDS or you are gone. All these people died on HIS WATCH. The maggot would throw anyone under the bus if it would put more money into his wallet.

spoon smith

hey Andrea, maybe you should take your own advice

sunny

Vince I think this time you are ROYALLY screwed!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Justice

He might have had legal steroids. You can get them WITH a prescription. However, perhaps he got multiple prescriptions. There were accusations Rush Limbaugh did the same thing with oxycontin.

I personally think this was a deliberate act and steroids have little or anything to do with them. Roid rage don't make you bind up somebody and leave Bibles next to her corpse.

As the WWE pointed out, he DID pass an exam in April. Any other exams?

wrestlingfanforlife

I had originally tried to defend this man, because I didn't want to believe that he would do something like this. Well, not now. His legacy is forever tarnished, what there is left of it, anyway. Steroids or not, there's no excuse to murder your family.

Ash

He was A nut, he was on drugs, He KILLED his own child. Can you get any more demonstarive? NO, He was a sicko. Ugly too, I hate red haired hue fake ego driven men on drugs, Good thing he took himself out , with his hx of violence, before someone else had to. I feel sorry for his family though. It is all so wrong.ROIDS KILL.

A Crippler Fan

what you morons need to understand is that the WWE testing is RANDOM. it can take place anytime and anywhere. the WWE finally put some sense into this tradegy and you people can't handle it. Plenty of wrestlers had to take steroids to get back into the ring, Edge, Lita, kurt Angle, Rhino all had to take steroids to get their necks back to strength. Get past the steroids and actualyy listen to what is going on. The WWe did a good thing releasing that statement

Studio

Many men kill their wives. YOU HAVE TO BE PRETTY SICK TO KILL YOUR CHILD.

Holly

It sounds like steroid-induced psychosis, which is different than 'roid rage.

kitty

This is still so hard to belive. I was shocked when I heard how everyone was killed.If it wasn't "roids" something must have been terribly wrong with his marriage to go as far as to kill your family. I doubt if anyone will ever know the truth. R.I.P. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Ash

Yes, Kim #1, people murder their children for no reason. Hope you don't have any. You sound normal, yeah.

luvbun

I really don't care if the steroids "made" him do it. The bottom line is he KILLED his family!!! WWE's statement makes me sick.

As soon as I get home I am deleting his tribute on my TIVO. No matter how much of a great wrestler he is...He's a MURDERER. I hope he rots in HELL!!!

(Former) WWE Fan

Now the WWE has its lawyers giving medical advice. Disgusting! They need to talk to their doctors because what he did is precisely the sort of thing a person taking steroids is capable of, no matter what the popular name "roid rage" suggests otherwise:

show me the $$

He kills her, wonders who will take care of the boy while he's in prison or after he kills himself, what will the boy think of him.....so he does the boy.

Rage denotes something done in a moment of passion. Maybe that's why he killed the wife, but then something else took over for him to drag out this carnage over 2-3 days. I guess we'll have to wait to find out. The text messages should shed some light.

get a life people

What difference does it make...The man murdered his family....People need to stop making excuses when they do these horrible things.........And why in the hell is there a tribute to this man....He isn't a hero...He killed his wife and little boy............