WWE: Bibles Prove Benoit Killings Were Not "Roid Rage"

6/26/2007 7:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The WWE is firing back at claims that the murders/suicide by former wrestling champion Chris Benoit were the result of "roid rage."
Click to read!
After local authorities revealed that steroids were found at the chilling murder scene, several media outlets claimed that a violent reaction caused by use of the supplements may have contributed Benoit's murderous behavior. The WWE claims that assumption is pure bulls**t, although they name no criminal, psychopharmaceutical or hormone expert as the source of their claims.

In a statement released to TMZ, WWE reps claim that the proof is in the Bibles left at the feet of Benoit's two victims. "The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage."

The WWE also claims that Benoit tested negative for steroids in the company's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007.

Denis

Vince's storyline for his caracter's death was a huge mistake because everybody knows that he wasn't actuly dead like wen I hear Benoit was dead I was like no way it's not true then when I read about it I was surprised like I'm a french canadien so it hit me hard to know that one of my own killed his family like all I have to say is that like before in my first comment that the possobility of they could of suffured before could be a possibility but me and my other friend who looked up to this man and were both 15 years old and today at school we heard the possibility like in my first comment from relliable sources like now we don't know what to belive anymore if he does go to hell I'll meet him there because of god and the death of my 16 year old cousin I've detecated my life to going to hell. So if he goes to hell I'll see him there.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Wrestling fans should boycott the WWE. Make CB's death not be in vane. demand the WWE be candid and honset about their steroid problems

(Former) WWE Fan

Let's not forget that Sensational Sherri's real death got only 10 seconds air time of commemoration and Vince McMahon had 3 hours scheduled to commemorate his own fake death only to replace it with 3 hours for a killer. Boycott WWE.

Stacy

Denis,

Do you suppose that his wife tied her own wrists and ankles together before dying of a gas leak?

And do you suppose that the gas leak made Benoit hang himself?

And do you think that the gas leak made them all die at different times?

IDIOT.

Kathy Jo

This has been a tragic event for everyone (family,friends and fans). What needs to be taken into account is that WWE seems to thrive on bigger fellas, bigger crowds, more violent acts and less cloths on the women. WWE needs to take a step back and think what they've been selling to the general public. Men wrestlers wrestling females, slamming them to the canvas, hitting them is this what we want the male youths of our country to view as acceptable. Then comes the builds of these men. The bigger, the bulker the crazier the antics the more pay they recieve...when did just pumping iron take a back seat to pumping the pills. No one knows why Chris acted out in the manner he did and no one ever will since no notes was left behind explaining his actions. But what needs to be viewed is who exactly in the wrestling federation is actually on Steroids. Each one of them needs to be tested immediately and removed from the roster without pay til they clean theirselves out so the WWE isn't blamed for anymore senseless acts and the families of the men the world seems to respect are safe from what occured this past weekend. God have mercy on Chris's soul.

Marcy

While I agree that steroids and prescription drugs are a huge problem in wrestling, I don't think that's the case here. I think Chris may have been mentally ill. Many of his friends are now saying he's been exhibiting signs of paranoia in the last year.

No matter what, you can't blame illness or substances. Chris Benoit is to blame.

The whole situation is just shocking and most of all saddening. People tend to forget that wrestlers are still human beings who have the same problems we all do.

jessica

i still find it hard to believe he did that, it doesnt sound like he could have ,he was the most down to earth person you could know

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Stated by the WWE" Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so."

Duhhhhhh WWE even a moran knows asphyxiation was from him hanging himself.............so under WWE's lame interpretation/EXCUSE the steroids didn't jump from their container and physically tie Chris to the rope so the steroids can't be a suspect....

Denis

I agree with bee rhode island.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

I’ve read the WWE statement. And, I’m not buying one word of it. First and foremost the WWE wants to distance themselves from the steroid allegations and deny Chris used them. The WWE doesn’t want the public to scrutinize their weak policies that condone steroid use among wrestlers.

If the WWE were truly concerned they’d being making a statement about how if steroids were involved, the WWE will be making every effort to prevent and seriously steroid use in the future. They'd be making statements that they intend to tighten polcies due to a concern for the well being of the athletes/performers.

AJ

The police said there was no note, and the son was killed a day later. Stop posting about your "cousin", it's just not true.

Stacy

To # 109 Prophecy, that would be a great theory except that you all seem to be forgetting that they know who died first based on body temperature when they were found. The lower your body temp, the longer you've been dead. I know that people are desperate to believe that this man didn;t do this horrible crime, but we have to face the facts, he did.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

The theory Chris's wife killed the boy doesn't fly and defies forensic evidence. The investigators know who died first due to morbidity; the bodies stiffening and beginning process of decomposing. The wife was killed first and then the boy, which the police are saying in confidence due to the varying morbidity of the bodies.

109. Found this on the internet. My first posting of this comment does not appear here.

Quote:
My second cousin is an officer with *BI (* Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta

NV

I may be able to take something positive about this. My son is 9 years old and a big WWE fan. He heard about what happened to Chris Benoit but didn't really understand it.

I calmly explained that sometimes living with Mommy and the kids can make a man go cuckoo and kill them all. We just kind of stared at each other in silence after that. Then I looked off and stared at a spot on the ceiling for a couple minutes.

I think he got the message. I think that boy is going to be a lot more obedient around here than he is for the two weeks before Christmas. He picked up his shoes off the ground and told me he was going to make his bed. I just gave him another blank stare. After he left I took a sip of my coffee. Damn, this is good coffee.

Jessie

NV, you are so very naughty and funny. But naughty, nonetheless.