WWE -- No Killer Zone

6/26/2007 11:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

Gargoyle

It is sad that Chris Benoit's career had to end this way. A man who fought for close to 20 years to hold the coveted world title is now being remembered as a cold-blooded killer. Vince McMahon is acting like the phaeroah in "The Ten Commandments" when Moses chose to leave Egypt,by having his name striken from every known record. What about every other wrestler who has died because of steroid abuse? It is best to remember Chris Benoit for what he was,a great wrestler and not a cold-blooded killer.

Eric

I havent seen anything so far, maybe I missed it... Has anyone thought maybe it wasn't a murder-murder-suicide, but perhaps a murder-murder-murder? I'm not trying to make Benoit a hero, but maybe something else could have happened? Just throwing that out there...... Seems like the details could also indicate someone could have all made it look like a suicide. Maybe an angry HHH fan who is still sore over Benoit winning the world title...

rosie

Wwe should have used his death as an angle . He could have been accused of killing Vince in the limo explosion . the story could go, Chris found out Vince was the father of his son . Chris then killed them all . Superman could have saved Woman and the kid...............But alas he's dead also..

A Sad Fan

I am absolutely stunned and incredibly saddened by this terrible tragedy. What Chris Benoit apparently did was horrible and my heart goes out to the entire family. But I don't think any of us are in a position to judge him because we have no way of knowing what happened or what inner demons drove him to this. Obviously he was struggling with some type of mental issues to be able to turn on the people he loved. I'm not trying to make excuses or downplay the crimes he allegedly committed, particularly against his son, but I also don't believe this horrible ending should erase all the accomplishments made during his lifetime. His contributions to the world of wrestling entertainment made Vince MacMahon a HUGE amount of money and I doubt Vince is above "encouraging" his wrestlers to bulk up or hit the road, so he can save his little hypocrite stance. My heart goes out to the families of Chris, Nancy & Daniel.

Rosemarie

hey Eric who posted number 160... LMFAO @ you thinkin a HHH fan did this.. get a life..

Kellie

Come on, Vince. You're the same one who had some people believe you had blown up in a car bomb. And you were gonna get a 3 hour tribute for your "demise". And I have to admit I actually believed it. And I know I wasn't the only one. You rambled about Benoit, and how you weren't gonna mention or basically have anything else to do with him. You should outlaw the use of steroids in the WWE. Because we know that a good portion of them use them, even you.

Chopper

I have to state that in regards to this tragic incident we cannot put the blame on Vince McMahon, he does not put a gun to anyones head and force them to wrestle for the WWE. Sports entertainment is a tough business these guys put it all on the line night after night for our enjoyment knowing full well what is expected of them and what the consequences may be. You can't reach the heights of financial well being that Vince has attained without making enemies somewhere along the way. My heart goes out to the Benoit family at this very sad time and we may never know what caused him to do what he did, but the world will keep going for better or worse. Vince will take the WWE and move forward and we should not condemn this organization which has brought so much enjoyment to it's fans for so many years. So long Chris, you will have to answer for your actions in another place of which we as the public will not be privy to the out come..

Eric

Obviously I wasn't serious. I didn't think putting a :) in my post would have been in good taste considering the nature of the topic. I knew when I posted it, thats how someone would take it though. I'm not a total mark, just mostly.

Nance

Just goes to show..that fake wrestling...and that Vince person who faked his own death (as read on TMZ) Does anyone really believe this crap? If, I were Vince..I would be afraid........very afraid.....I smell a law suit...!

squeela

YESTERDAY WHEN EVERYTHING CAME TO LIGHT I POSTED A REMARK HOPEING EVERYONE WOULD READ. AT LEAST 60% OF VEIWERS OF WWE AND WHAT IS BEING WROTE ON THE INTERNET ARE OUR "CHILDREN" THEY DO NOT NEED THIS NEGATIVETY IN THERE LIVES IF WE TAKE AWAY ALL THERE HEROS WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE ARE WE SENDING. AGAIN PLEASE BECARFUL WHAT YOU WRITE AND HOW YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN

mine

There has to be more to this story then we know. Hopefully we will find out soon and Benoit's name can be remembered for the legend that he is instead of the murderer that he is not.

RIP Chris you and Eddie are together again

PeterPan

#170 - Yes, suprise, suprise Wrestling is fake. But then so is much of prime time television. I don't run around saying I hate Keifer Sutherland because he doesn't really save the world once a year, but he is still a very talented actor. Chris Benoit was very talented at what he did, regardless of weather it was "Fake" or not.

Eric

Response to #70:

He was good at his job. His job was exactly as you stated, choreographed. By your same token, couldnt you say "Why do people call Tom Hanks such a good actor, isn't it all scripted for him?" I'm guessing its fake to an extent that you cant REALLLLLY punch a guy square in the face 10 times in a row as the fans chant along and still fight for 15 minutes after that. But they must take some beating since they are continually abusing pain killers and steroids.

Me

I have often wondered if Vince McMahon is a respectable human being or not? I guess I still don’t know. I find it hard to believe that his intentions were sincere.

Kris0124

I don't think any of us know enough and none of us know a thing. All I can say as a fan is I will Celebrate the lives of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit for all the time he has given his fans in the ring and for being who we know him as. For the family we celebrate them for all the patients of time away from home to entertain us. Let god judge him for what has been done because he is the only one now who knows what and why this happened.