WWE -- No Killer Zone

6/26/2007 11:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

peter

Chris Beniot was a great wrestler and personally i believed him a great role model, i simply cannot believe what has happened here. Murder is unacceptable n that of his wife and son is simply appalling. However we all have the luxury of sitting here and judging the man and his actions without knowing what happened, im in no way condoning his actions, i just believe that we should remember the good that he did in his life. We will never know what truly happened and so we should not judge him. Also to all these people leaving insulting comments could you please remember 3 people died? All this name calling is just plain disgusting

Jackie

OK the reports are not in yet, but really does it matter? He did roids and thats the bottom line as they are proving more wrestlers are. And the report that McMahon gave him a test in April and he was neg....
Hello.... They are in hot water they can say or fix reports any day of the week.. They have been down this road before and they don't want to change things for the better but they don't want to go back to court either. Drugs or no drugs he did what he did and anyone can see he was distrubed!! The whole thing is all this talk is not to bash him, it's for people to wake up about drug use, how they choose their careers, ect.. And to be aware that some people {Mcmahon} who only thinks of himself should be just as accountable as Benoit. How about Mcmahon stepping up and doing something for his surviving children, oh no, not his responsability!!! Jackie

Megan

I THINK ALL OF THIS IS VERY SAD! CHRIS BENOIT WAS ONE OF THE BEST WRESTLERS OF WWE. THE TRIBUTE FOR CHRIS WAS VERY NICE, AM I PRETTY SURE VINCE JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE DIDNT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAD HAPPENED WITH THE MURDERS OF NANCY AND DANIEL. I FIND ALL OF IT UNBELIEVABLE, I JUST CANT COME TO REALIZE THAT HE WOULD DO SUCH A THING TO HIS FAMILY AND HIMSELF!
EVEN IF IT WAS ROID RAGE, I DON'T CARE, WHAT WWE SHOULD DO IS DO SOMETHING IN THE MEMORY OF NANCY AND DANIEL SINCE THEY DID A TRIBUTE TO CHRIS BENOIT FOR HIS WRESTLING CAREER! HE MAY HAVE MURDERED THEM BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY WHAT HE GAVE TO ALL OF US....ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BENOIT, NANCY, AND DANIEL, I HOPE YOU ALL R.I.P.

not a soul patroller

McMahon is a sleazebag, but you cannot blame Benoit on him. Benoit was an adult who chose to use steroids. Nobody is required to be a wrestler or take drugs.

Lady May

I nor anyone know's for sure that Mr.Benoit is the one who killed his family or not.
My heart goes out to His wife's family and his.
It may have been a crazy fan that thought vince was really dead or it may have been Chris,no one knows for sure.
What happened was tragic and if Mr.Benoit did infact kill his family may god forgive him because he was not in his rite mind for you can tell from the past yrs on wwe that he loved his son very much.

John

this is horrible loss. what do not understand is how people can not tell the difference between "Mr. McMahon" the character and Vince McMahon the person. why the jabs at the man? jealousy? as for me i admire him for is business skill and amazing talents. Go Vince.

patsy

who says chris killed his son. mr mcmahon knows the truth but doesnot have the guts to tell the truth. why? he is truly spineless in my books.

frisby john

did chris kill them or did some one ell;s n make it look like he did i dont thank he did it.

ru469

Chris Benoit was a great wrestler.What he apparently did is just so wrong. I dont know if we will ever find out the whole story of what happened. But lets wait for all info to come back before saying steroids. found in the house? yes. In his system? we dont know yet. And their son was supposedly given growth hormone injections NOT steroids. May God those who have past and their family.

NoNoNeverNever

To all those who praise Chris Benoit for his contributions and heroic deeds in the ring! Chris Benoit was a actor playing a role. There is and can be no forgivness or excuses for what he did. We all were appalled when O.J. was set free and equally so as Robert Blake walked out of the court room as a free man. You can not tell me the anger and rage would have been any less if Beniot had not taken the cowards way out, but lived to be arrested and tried, and was then set free. He killed two people. His personal problems should not have been taken out on his wife and son. His use of sterioids (reguardless of pressured into it or not) can not be an excuse for murder. And to those who have said that those of use who critize Benoit should look in the mirror, or (my favorite for a here's your sign moment) "We have all made mistakes": Through all my problems and my mistakes, I have never deemed the appropriate response to be, hey, I think I'll off my family. THERE CAN BE NO MORE CELEBERTY BONUS FOR MURDERERS!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17