WWE -- No Killer Zone

6/26/2007 11:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

Tmz is lame

It's just not funny TMZ.

There is nothing Gossip worthy about a woman, wife & Mother being strangled to death and then her 7 year old son being suffocated to death the next day.

It's beyond tragic and you (TMZ) should leave it alone.

Shame be on all of you who are continuing to report on this.

You should be ashamed.

Wrestling Ain't Real

I'm certain I'll get hell for this post, but it needs to be said:

Vince is doing the best he can. He runs a company that's publicly traded and has to appease the share holders. Chris Benoit's actions proved that HE thought it out! 'Roid rage would NOT have Chris coherent enought to tie up his wife with electrical cords.

The Police state that Chris died Saturday (June 23); WWE employees were receiving text messages on Sunday (JUne 24) -- what's fact and what is speculation??? Truthfully, what does it matter? 3 People are dead at the hands of Chris Benoit.

Blaming Vince McMahon, the WWE, or Pro Wrestling is taking the easy way out. If Chris Benoit was a Garbage Man, would we blame everything on the Sanitation Department?

Vince has to walk a fine line. He realizes he screwed up: He "honored" Chris Benoit because he was heavily criticized for NOT honoring Sherri Martel (a case that has YET to be determined). Unforunately, he "honored" Chris Benoit -- someone none of us knew was a murderer until the Police made their "official" statement. Was there reason to believe Chris was guilty? Obviously yes, but it'd be specualtion at the time without the offical word from the Police.

The bottom line is, we can't treat Vince like a scapegoat for the actions of Chris Benoit. There's only one person to blame for this heinous act and that is the one vile creature who hanged himself -- Chris Benoit.

Michael

Idiots

They knew it was a crime scenes but didnt know benoit was guility. No one knew. Dont you you think with three people dead it would be a crime scene. Wait for the results b. We may have been on nothing at the time. They were prescibed to him so it was fine to have them as long as he was not abusing them.

Charlotte

I don't watch WWE I watch extreme fighting (prefer the real deal) But I feel there has been a lot of premature reporting here by the investigators. I actually wonder if they are ignoring evidence because they were so quick to call it murder/suicide.

BTW the statistics for wrestlers dying is jaw dropping. I wish young people wouldn't look at this as a career goal.

Chris

I agree with Sabrina. Many of you people who leave sick comments, like how Benoit should have killed McMahon, have skeletons in your closet too. Nobody leads a perfect life, so why don't you all get out of your glass houses and come back to reality. This crime makes me sick, but reading some of these comments is just as disgusting and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Mary-Helen

Kudos to Vince for standing by the family but not Benoit. This seems to premeditated for steroids. Just because it's a wrestler doesn't mean it's steroids. If that were true, then every fertilizer salesman will kill their pregnant wife like Scott Peterson.

David

There is no excuse, Sabrina, that can justify the murder of a 7-year-old child, especially when that child happens to be your son. I refuse to celebrate a double-murderer...period.

Donna T

Thanks for finally seeing that you were showing your young fans that your company condones murder. Now maybe these children will see what was done was really wrong.

Jermy

I have a theory for ya. In Chavo's comment he was comparing the death of his good friend Benoit to that of is brother. Chavo recalls the "night" he found Eddie dead. He then makes an oops face and says " I mean the 'morning' I found him dead. For one thats an awful big ooops to make for someone who claims to have been so close to eddie. The one way to make that mistake is if he was trying to keep a story straight. I believe it was said that eddie had drugs in his system. It was also well known that Eddie had a serious past drug problem. Chavo new this and exploited Eddies "demons" and Killed Eddie for what ever reason. He then panics, leaves the scene and comes back the next morning claiming to find Eddies body. Someway or somehow Benoit knew about it. I believe Chavo confided in him and swore him to secrecy. Benoit then threatened to go forward to the authorities. Chavo replies by killing his wife and kids. Benoit finds this tragic scene, says some prayers and places bibles next to them and then hangs himself. Or maybe Beniot did it. Who knows

Donna T

Thanks for seeing you were showing the young fans that your company condones murder. Thanks for waking up and smelling the roses

KoreyAusTex

I can't believe that no.13 would even try to defend him on any level? That really blows my mind. Who cares if you are a good wrestler, and who cares if you have "pain and hurt". He was an adult and he KILLED with his bare hands, his OWN CHILD? You moron, get that through your head, he KILLED A CHILD! I wipe my ass with his wrestling career (besides it isn't real), he wasn't a hero, he is a child killer! What about his wife? I hope no one will try to defend him, I LOVED the guy and loved to watch him wrestle but he is in no way a VICTIM. He made his decisions in life and you must live with them, it's called CHARACTER and ACCOUNTABILITY. Vince McMahon should delete any mention of him from official WWE business in the future. Enough with making excuses for people, you are what you do!

A.Shade

RIP chris benoit and his son daniel and wife nancy. I've seen him at many live events over the years and you'd never know, you just never know. The person in the ring is a total stranger to us. All of us. It is such a sad situation and I feel for everyone involved. My thoughts and prayers go out to his whole family and all of his close friends. I hope that they all Rest In Peace. I hope Chris Benoit could be remembered as not a murderer, but as a great, amazing, breath-taking performer. I know it is very hard to look past it, considering he murdered his own FLESH AND BLOOD.... but people do crazy things. This world is crazy. I feel for the Benoit family and for The 3 members who are no longer with us. I feel for what Chris had to have been going through when he snapped, and I feel esp. for Nancy and Daniel. Too innocent victims. May you all be in gods hands now. RIP.

Bug

Id like to know who said that bout the kid roids too where did u get that info?

Charlotte

If he did in fact do this and people still praise him is warped. Talent (your entertainment) excuses murder? You're as sick as he was.

william

Hey John (#10) you are a sorry excuse for a pile of s*^t.