BET's Fashion Fright Night

6/27/2007 2:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

From the looks of last night's red carpet, it's obvious why the BET Awards honor the best entertainers in music, film and sports -- but not fashion! BET phone home!
BET Awards Fashion Nightmares
From Beyonce's roboho performance getup to Eve's streetwalker chic, check out why it's time these artists hired new stylists and put the hip back into hip-hop!

On another note, while Robin Thicke didn't scare up any fashion alarms, he also failed to become the first white artist to win a BET Award. The world will just have to wait for Celine Dion's next album to drop!

Jessibell

Heather- I agree with you. Where is the White Entertainment Show? I mean, if we had a SPECIAL channel on TV...they would call us raciest. It doesn't make any sense. I go out and EVERY black girl looks at me with an angry look. Why, Why must they do that and call US raciest? I don't get it. They are allowed to call us " Yo, White Girl." I bet if I turned that around..they would start a race war with me. They are allowed to call us out of our skin color, but we are not allowed. I'm not raciest, in fact my one of my best friends is black. She agress with me. It doesn't add up.

BETLover

The BET Awards 07 show is on again on the West Coast. It appears most on this blog did not watch it based on your entries. It was awesome. The best dressed and gorgeous people are not displayed in the photos on TMZ -- only the questionable ones. Wonder why? Hmmmmm...haters?

Laura

They look really bad. BET is racism at its finest.

Jessibell

Excuss me, Who are you calling raciest? For your information I AM NOT raciest. What did I say that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO raciest? My God, see what I'm talking about people...

knucklehead

If this thread is going to turn into a black/white thing, then talk about more serious issues. Not award shows.

Wow.

Black Entertainment Television - who cares. I am a white female. As far as I'm concerned, the BET awards aren't doing me any harm, and I honestly don't see how it could do harm to others. Let the black people have their own award show! It's really not that big of a deal, and all the idiots out there make it into one. If you don't like it or don't agree with it - don't watch!

BETLover

I went on a working-holiday overseas for years. I was astonished at how popular r&b, hip-hop, and rap were in Holland, Australia, England, etc. All the overseas award shows head-line American Blacks. American Black music and artists are considered sophisticated, professional, and culture rich. You think only Americans love it. The whole world is loving it. Especially the old school stuff from back in the day. I loved it. I didn't have to miss the American culture I grew up on.

Jessibell

I do know my facts. This whole world revolves around rap music. Rap music is about sex, naked women, bling bling, cheating, sorry for cheating, going to clubs getting into trouble..ect...ect..ect....Basically sinful music.

I do cherish those rap artist who HATE the way their own people are doing with music these days...If they would just cut out some of the lyrics...I'm not talking about ALL black artist...even Eminem has hateful music. And HELL NO..I'm not raciest.

Proud Marine Mom

My young nephew who is into country music; loved the BET awards last night.
He loved most of the show; some of it was a little too much for him considering he's a George Straight fan. LOL

I tried to change the channel several times and he wouldn't let me.
We need to remember that it's called entertainment for a reason. We loved it!

Jessibell

Old School Rap was actually music...now..I just don't know wat the hell rap artist are trying to do to this world. Black or White...Rap is Rap...and it's CRAP!!!

FunRide

Poor Beyonce looked hideous and it wasn't even her idea. You all should check out Kylie Minogue's 2002 World Tour where she did the exact same thing, but better and back then very original. As much as I like her music, Beyonce has got to stop copying other artists like Kylie, J Lo, and Madonna. It is starting to look like she can not come up with an idea on her own ... sad, sad, sad copy-cat "artist".

Jessibell

White-Devils? What a hateful mind. Lazy? Who the hell do u think is running this country? Who the hell do you think pays for people to have food stamps...and everything else? Goodness....

blair

THE BET AWARDS WAS THE BEST AWARDS SHOW I HAVE SEEN TO DATE. TMZ IS HATING..

blair

JESSIBLE AND HEATHER ARE SO JEALOUS ITS KINDA SAD.

GET OVER IT HOOCHIES!!

rhonda

ANd Jessibell, you don't think you are racist and "claim" you have black friends. PLEASE! For one, rap music was created to express the lives in which the artists saw daily and grew up around. There are some that takes it to the extreme, but to call Rap sinful, then you have to call alot of the Heavy Metal/Demonic/Marilyn Manson music Devil in the making. Black music history is where all music began-rather it is country, rap, rnb, soul, jazz, heavy metal, etc. Please learn more about your music history because you apparently don't know much. And yes you are racist. If you would actually understand that BET was formed because Blacks weren't allowed to be represented in the other music awards and when they were they never won or was honored like they should. That is how Historical Black colleges, and other black organizations/show/etc began-because they were excluded from all the rest.