Anderson Wags Yalie Finger at Paris

6/28/2007 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comAnderson Cooper -- once famously dubbed the "Paris Hilton" of cable news -- gave the real Paris Hilton the third degree last night, bagging on her for doing, well, nothing.

The silver-haired Yale graduate and Vanderbilt family scion laid into the GED-educated Paris on his show last night, which he grudgingly devoted to Hilton, who had just been interviewed on his good friend Larry King's show. "I don't understand her," said Coop, "I don't understand the appeal ... she's 26 years old. Why hasn't she been substantial until now?"

What was big, mean Mr. Cooper doing when he was 26? Oh, that's right -- reporting from war torn and disease-ridden countries like Vietnam, Somalia, and Rwanda.

Yeah, whatever -- how many Carl's Jr. spots does Dandy Andy have under his racquet-patterned grosgrain belt?

Tangie

#28-it was Aaron Brown.

Kelly

I want to know why she only has a GED education.

Linda

ANDERSON COOPER is a great example of a privileged child whose priorities are in the right place. He is an exemplary human being.

Tangie

She does NOT have a GED.

Tana

Anderson Cooper is the perfect example of how children of immense wealth should be brought up. Kudos to his mother. I think he did an outstanding job and his reporting was some of the most honest I've seen yet. I don't believe he enjoys talking about Ms. Hilton and giving her any more publicity than she "deserves", but like it or not, she is news. He even acknowledged that. Ms. Hilton is a moron, and I think the only decent place for anyone to discuss her is here in this forum, where people like us can beotch and moan about what a waste of time she is but we somehow manage to take time out of our lives to post this stuff! Like it or not, it would be kind of dull without Ms. Hilton (and I use "Ms." loosely, no pun intended). As much as I can't stand her, here I am...

Snarksnarksnark

As a child of privilege, Cooper understands the lifestyles of the rich and infamous.

Kudos to him for showing us that the media princess has no substance and that she has squandered her resources and opportunities.

J J

Ditto Anderson. You are speaking for 92% of the country.

hardworker

Mr. Cooper, a delight to see a reporter, report. As a woman, I am so thoroughly delighted that you berated these girl's today that actually look up to such horrible examples, which allows them to never achieve the potential they may never realize existed.
Kudos, to you, Sir.

how sad

Here we go again.....TMZ just had to come up with another angle to get another
Paris story....by using Anderson Cooper to create interest in this story.

What's the next Paris story gonna be??? Which angle (or who) will TMZ use next???

TMZ...why don't you try being llike "US Weekly" and drop the Paris stories due to the
public's Paris fatigue.

just asking

i wonder how many heiress on this planet are unemployeed and jsut go about their day traveling, shopping and partying?

i wonder how many heiress have jobs and are single with no children who are employeed?

There are many in Europe who party all day, 24/7

...

WTF?......

Her parents are to blame. They would much rather raise a drunken jail bird than a professional adult. Paris acts exactly like her Mommy.

how sad

Paris only has a GED because she is stupid and dropped out of high school.

Paris has never denied having a GED.

greeneyedlass

At least Anderson Cooper hasn't sat back on his family's money. He's gone out, gotten well educated, fought for his career....and made something of himself. I actually think he is one of the most qualified people to "judge" Paris since he was also raised with every privilege money could provide.....the difference between Anderson and Paris is, Anderson made something of himself, Paris is a non-talented waste of air who has done NOTHING with her life.

Ash

#4, Dear Abby, "Incredible" means not credible. Were you attempting to clown him? haha, b/c you did. Good job.

Jana Deffes

I watched Paris on Larry last night. For once, I really liked her. Who cares if she could not quote the Bible? I could not either and I do read passages. I would also be nervous. She was put on the spot. She did serve more time than average. I think she has learned a lesson. I think she will help less fortunate people. I was quite impressed with her. My daughter likes her as well. She ate dinner with her one night (at the same table) in Miami and really liked her. At the time, I was not impressed but after last night, I see why she liked her. As for Anderson, something is just wrong with him for acting ridiculous last night. I could not stomach much of he and that other gayish guy bashing Paris. I had to turn the channel. He was acting like a spoiled two year old who was jealous....just unbelievable. I no longer care for him much. The lady attorney on the show was the person I thought would really bash Paris and she actually seemed impressed with her as well! I was also impressed that she didn't trash her friends (whether past or present)....that says a lot in my book. Also, that she has several businesses. She can't help that she was born into wealth. Who wouldn't want to be?