Anderson Wags Yalie Finger at Paris

6/28/2007 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comAnderson Cooper -- once famously dubbed the "Paris Hilton" of cable news -- gave the real Paris Hilton the third degree last night, bagging on her for doing, well, nothing.

The silver-haired Yale graduate and Vanderbilt family scion laid into the GED-educated Paris on his show last night, which he grudgingly devoted to Hilton, who had just been interviewed on his good friend Larry King's show. "I don't understand her," said Coop, "I don't understand the appeal ... she's 26 years old. Why hasn't she been substantial until now?"

What was big, mean Mr. Cooper doing when he was 26? Oh, that's right -- reporting from war torn and disease-ridden countries like Vietnam, Somalia, and Rwanda.

Yeah, whatever -- how many Carl's Jr. spots does Dandy Andy have under his racquet-patterned grosgrain belt?

Anonymous

So what if Anderson is gay or straight, it really doesn't matter and has nothing to do with his job reporting on the Paris story. At least he was honest. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

Spurs

Well, it's no surprise that the people who support Parisite don't know what they are talking about, considering that most of them are 14 and under and the rest are just too stupid or ignorant of the world around them.

franceart

Anderson is a handsome successful man. His job is to report, debate, and critique.
He is being very judgemental about Paris' life experience, though. Her driving skills need to be improved, but what she does with her life is her business. I've read that she has acting and business experience.
Both of them come from privileged wealthy families. They even have something in common.

Vanessa

TMZ- you have this one WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anderson Cooper has never traded on his name, he wanted to make it on his own w/out the name of Vanderbilt. (his Mom is Gloria & he had a brother who committed suicide).

Anderson made his own way, through his journalism.
You would be surprised, he has been a journalist for a while.
HE PURPOSEFULLY DID NOT USE VANDERBILT. (I ADMIRE THAT DON'T YOU????)

DO NOT SLAM ANDERSON!!!!!! HE HAS MADE IT ON HIS OWN.
THE VANDERBILT'S HAVE A LOT MORE MONEY THAN THE HILTON'S.

HE WORKED HIS WAY UP UP THE LADDER, INSTEAD OF SACHET-ING AROUND TOWN ON HIS NAME (LIKE SOMEONE WLSE WE KNOW)!!!!!

TMZ - YOU ARE WAY OFF ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMZ - GO TO CARL'S AND GET YOUR OWN DAMN HAMBURGER!!!! ASS'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how sad

I wish you posters bashing Angelina would start living in the present...stay current.
Her wild past is just that...hopefully, this will be Paris' wild past someday.

Are you basing the president for being a cocaine alcoholic and war dodger?

Ronald Raygun

Shut up to all you Anderson Cooper HATERS.......leave him alone!!!! (message to all Paris lovers)

tba

I don't blame him for being upset. Hilton's story was obviously forced on him and like many of us, there are more important issues to discuss than Paris numnuts.

K. T.

You can scroll back through the posts and see that anyone with no real ability to form thier own opinion and make educated decisions based on them attacks Cooper with tripe such as " homo", " brother jumped out of a window", and other childich, irrelevant attacks, none of which hold an ounce of relevance to the fact that he called a spade a spade, which to most anyone else is obvious. Once you kids get a little older you'll realize one day how big of a waste she really is... proabably when we're reading headlines on here such as " Daughter of heiress Paris Hilton killed in alcohol-related car crash"

karen

Didn't Anderson Cooper host that horrible show, "The Mole" before being on CNN? Just saying......

Grumpy old man

Anderson Cooper is to credible news journalism what Paris is to celebrity ( i.e. a wannabe).One wanna dissin' another . I love it!!!

sanityrules

Coco - all Anderson Cooper was call Paris on her lies.

She denied ever doing drugs - LIE.

She denies that she drinks, other than the occasional social drink - LIE.

She feigned "no favorites" when ask what was her favorite scripture from the Bible (she did not read it in jail or at anytime in her life, therefore, she did not have an answer).

Anderson was merely trying to make some reasoning with the purpose of the interview. it was an empty shallow interview. Paris did not divulge anything that she had not already put out to the public with her sound bites while in jail.

Anderson being gay has nothing to do with anything.

He wears expensive casual clothes when he goes out to do the Katrina bits. So? I can guarantee you that when Princess Diana went to Africa and other third world nations to bring light to the various causes, she was not wearing Walmart clothes. I am sure they were quality high end but casual name/designer brands.

Anderson does things in his life with substance. Paris does not. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. And for those who will fire back "there sure isn't - Paris is better" are nuts with nothing but air between their ears.

Solomon

Anderson is awesome! I admire his intelligence and astute handling of any subject matter that he tackles. I also very much admire his ability to dismiss stupidity with tact and fortitude. He is one of CNN's best! This guy can work for any network and I will listen.

Barbara

Please tell me the girl finished high school no GED please. Now I will have to stop yelling
@ the kids in the hood for not going to school everyday.

Ash

KT. You are very incorrect. Overgenerealizing will get you no where. I am not very young anymore. I am in my late 30's, have a family and a career. I simply can see things for what they are and think for myself w/o jumping on the on the HATE BANDWAGON with sheeple like you. Baaaaah.

GAP

"To me, the greatest privilege of the way I grew up was realizing at a very young age that these people are just as unhappy as everyone else. Once you realize that, it frees you up from believing that fame or riches are going to bring you happiness. I think it takes a lot of people a long time to figure that one out."
snip from "10 Questions for Anderson Cooper" www.Time.com/