Benoit Wiki Hoax Exposed

6/29/2007 9:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BenoitThe REAL story behind the Chris Benoit/Wikipedia mystery has been exposed – after the "news" broke about the chilling message that someone posted on the wrestler's Wiki page about his wife being dead - supposedly hours before the bodies were found.

Just as TMZ expected, it was just another case of Wiki-vandalism!

As Wikinews.org has reported on their own site, they know the responsible Wiki Wacko and, although he wants to remain anonymous, he did submit a written statement to Wiki, claiming:

"Last weekend, I had heard about Chris Benoit no showing Vengeance because of a family emergency, and I had heard rumors about why that was. I was reading rumors and speculation about this matter online, and one of them included that his wife may have passed away, and I did the wrong thing by posting it on Wikipedia to spite [sic] there being no evidence."

Isaiah – I'm No "Mush-Mouth Negro"!

Angry much, Isaiah? Former "Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington talked to Newsweek recently, and he rips the show for firing him because, in part, he's a black man "with a booming voice." Actually, let's let him explain: "It didn't help me on the set that I was a black man who wasn't a mush-mouth Negro walking around with his head in his hands all the time."

Oh, and it doesn't stop there. Isaiah says an HR person told him that "some people" were "afraid" of him around the studio, to which he replied, "Why, because I'm a 6-foot-1 black man with dark skin and who doesn't go around saying 'Yessah, massa' and 'No sir, massa' to everyone?"

Nicole Richie Getting Hitched?

Nicole Richie -- already rumored to be pregnant with Joel Madden's baby -- could be preparing to go down the aisle with him as well. 24Sizzler.com is told that ol' Wrong-Way is "shopping around for a wedding dress ... asking stylists for help," and seems to think that the wedding could go down just about anytime, like July. (And she doesn't have a dress yet? Nicole Richie?)

Party Favors: Obama Has Jay-Z and Beyonce on the iPod ... Kristy Swanson Says She's Not a Homewrecker ... Wacko Jacko Is Not Bedridden

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama has impressive taste in music -- he told the Angie Martinez Show on Hot 97, say Rush & Molloy, that he's got Jay-Z and "a little bit of Beyonce" on his playlist. ... Kristy Swanson tells People magazine that she's not "a homewrecker," even though she took up with dancing partner Lloyd Eisler when Eisler's wife was eight months pregnant. ... And Michael Jackson's manager felt obliged to dispel rumors floating around about the King of Pop, including that he's bedridden and paranoid about his family stealing from him. Thanks.

Patnic

Hurry back Isaiah, your fan members miss you. You are a great actor and we want you back on the tube.

Kahm

Has Isaiah forgotten that the CREATOR of Grey's is BLACK? He is giving Rosie a run for the money in the can't keep his mouth shut department. The more they talk, the more we see the REAL them, and its not a pretty sight!

me

I have noticed the same thing sjn. This sight doesnt take kindly to criticism and I know exactly what post you are talking about, it is by, (and I use this language only because it is the poster's name) SikOfTheCoons. They have moved it around in the postings all morning

James

I have to agree that I don't think benoit killed his family. Look at the facts, A)Whenever he talked to his co-workers he sounded groggy. B) EVERYONE who talks about Chris's relationship with his son, says he ADORED his son. If it has just been his wife who had been killed and them himself i MIGHT have been more inclined to believe it. But this just doesn't seem as though he was the one who did it. I think the police are just looking for a quick answer rather than looking fully into this story and finding the truth.

Shan

You use to be one of my favorite actors on Grey. However Isaiah! The more you talk the less I like you. And being a Black man has nothing to do with it.

Eric Vaughan

Speaking of wrestling and racism, Kamala showed up and did his job while the Samoan Rikishi put up a big stink about how a Samoan would never be given a big break. Off all of that, I think it'd hard to argue that butts and lips meeting don't have a huge roll in the grand scheme of things. My 2 cents, anyways.

JayR

Bubbye Isaiah.

Just keep runnin' your mouth and I get my wish.

shirliana

NICOLE RICHIE - CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU... YOU ARE SO PASSONIATE WITH EVERYONE AND SO GIVING... IHEARD YOU ARE PREGNANT AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG TO THAT... I AM SURE YOUR DAD (THE LEGEND) WILL BE HAPPY TO WALK U DOWN THE AISLE.. YOU DESERVE THE BEST SWEETIE.......

HK

No one knows the exact time of the deaths yet. Tests have not been completed/released. If C Benoit was sending weird text messages and watching the match on TV after committing one or two murders, he definitely could have emailed from a WWE IP address--Wikipedia can't say that is impossible--they can't control where the message came from. Coincidences are rare and the confessor could be a crackpot. Obviously, the police have to find the person who confessed.

Holly

How intellectual of Mr. Washington to use the race card this late in the game - could it be that none of his other excuses flew?

Chez

The anonymous individual responsible for suggesting, 14 hours before police discovered the body, that WWE wrestler Chris Benoit's wife was dead is confessing, saying his/her comment was a "terrible coincidence."

The anonymous editor left a lengthy apology to the Wikimedia community, explaining, "I hope this puts an end to this speculation that someone knew about the tragedy before it was discovered."

rpond123

Isaiah Washington has every right to blow off steam and he is saying some interesting things about ABC and their PR spin control. They made up the whole "Isaiah in Rehab" for saying that anti-gay slur. ABC also wouldn't let Isiah out of his contract when he asked to be after those two slurs. Why not? Isaiah it seemed wanted to make amends, but nobody was listening.
As far as T.R. Knight is concerned. He has some explaining to do. If it is true that Isaiah never referred to Knight, then T.R. used that situation to get sympathy from everybody. "The poor little gay boy being picked on." His Ellen DeGenerous appearance was so sickeningly pathetic. He knew everyone would feel sorry for him and it worked. Also, that Katherine Heigl has a history of whining about her pay as an actress. She made waves a few years ago on another network because she feeled she deserved more money. Just like she did a few months ago on "Greys." Something's going on.
I agree with Isaiah when everyone forgives other celebrities yet, they won't him because he said a "word." A word!! What makes me sick is when gays and lesbians call each other worse things than what Isaiah said. Let him blow off steam because Isaiah was fired off one of the most successful TV shows in recent years. I'd be angry too because I would be losing the celebrity, fame and the money. Isaiah's work on "Greys" was very good and the chemisty between him and Sandra Oh will be missed. Their interracial relationship was so much fun on that show. I'm tuning out because that relationship was why I watched "Greys" in the first place....

HK

Benoit was probably on drugs. He was fighting with his wife, was a physical guy and had a very handicapped son. He might have lost it when he killed his wife, but then realized he couldn't leave his handicapped son alone in this world so decided to kill his son and himself. It is too soon to know, but I think CB did it. Unless Wikipedia blocks emails from networks or servers, he might have sent the email or maybe it was a hacker. It's a crazy case.

Every time someone is murdered, there are people who say that partcular murderer is a real nice person and couldn't have done it--truth is, no one ever knows what goes on in another person's mind.

D

On Benoit- if he wrote the entery him self they would have none by his IP address or CPU forensics would have traced it to him like i said all alonge maybe someone did it and staged it like he did it how would they know ????

HK

The police probably know where the email came from-they're not going to tell us yet.