Padma to Rushdie: Pack Your Knives and Go

7/2/2007 5:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Padma Lakshmi and Salman Rushdie"Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi and "Satanic Verses" author Salman Rushdie are getting divorced. Holy shiite!

A rep for Rushdie released a statement saying, "Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage." A reason why was not given. Hmmm.

The gorgeous former model (Lakshmi), who was born in 1970, married the 60-year-old writer/professor in 2004. They have no children together. This will be Rushdie's fourth divorce.

After "The Satanic Verses" was published, Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini called on Muslims to kill Rushdie in 1989. Rushdie was recently knighted by Queen Elizabeth. Lakshmi, on the other hand, is gorgeous. Did we say that already?

Lillianne

She speaks so slowly she seems to have brain damage, or else she can't read very well. I guess that didn't matter to Salman.

kkioc

OMG, the news isnt the divorce, the news is that they were ever married to begin with, I had no idea!

KP

Hey, Earth to WTF . . .

Not that this means anything, but Tom is married. Last year during Season 2 he wrote in his blog after the Marcel hazing incident that he was pissed . . . his wife had just flown into town fto help celebrate his birthday and instead he had to deal with the knucklehead behavior of the chefs and whether they should all be DQ'd for abusing Marcel.

I've never heard about him being gay or using his wife as a "beard" (not that there's anything wrong with that) but maybe get your facts straight first!

Boo Hoo

I hope he enjoyed her while he had her. He will never get a piece like that again.

Lillianne

He has his eye on a 28 year old already.

Rob G

Damn every other female out there. This is the most BEAUTIFUL woman in the world. To bad she has probably the worst taste in men.

Ellis Light

Opposites attract......I'm available for this good looking gal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Richards

golddigger probably is running off with the yard boy!

annab

hmmmmm, she wants to divorce HIM. GO FIGURE!

Moi

The gorgeous soon to be ex-Mrs. Rushdie has a MA degree from a top notch US Univ. and hosted a TVshow in Italy! Dammit! I so sad to hear of the forthcoming split! OK darlingPadma, Think I'll attend more of "SIR SALMAN's" literati gatherings. I've always loved his readings! And besides he's a [ King's College] Cambridge man!

La2004JR

Ra is right on.

Fatties: put the fork down. This chick is smoking hot with a killer body (though seeing her next to that creepy old dude is a lot nauseating...whoever he is).

Wanna-be-hosts: the chick is hot. She could host SPEED TV and I would watch. I don't even cook and I like watching her.

Religious people: don't know what to say to you except whatever God you beleive in he created a hotty during one of his days!

But still, I find the thought of that creepy old dude on here...oh, the horror, the horror.

wisegirl

What an attractive young couple. I wonder what went wrong?

kim

OMG touche, please at least go to amazon and LOOK at the book before you start spewing the jesus crap. the books is NOT about satan!!!! and are you serious with the jesus/marriage stuff??? i know a lot of very happily married non-religious folks and we credit ourselves for our respectful, loving marriages

s

She thought his name was Salmon and figured she could eat him. Does she not have a mirror to see that you can see her nipples through that gown?

jenner

THANK YOU, KIM 6:29 - I was about to say the same thing to touche. Maybe READ IT FIRST BEFORE you start spewing about stuff you know nothing about. Yeesh.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments