Shia: I'm No LiLo

7/2/2007 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Actor Shia LeBeouf turned 21 this past June, but the star of the new "Transformers" movie won't be morphing into a party-hopping club kid anytime soon. LeBeouf is working on the new "Indiana Jones" film and has vowed not to drink until filming wraps on the fourth installment of the series.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly last month, LeBeouf knocked the hard partying lifestyle. ''It could all go away tomorrow if I'm at a club drinking like an asshole," adding that, "someone like Lindsay Lohan's personality is [more] famous than her performance.''

In this month's Vanity Fair, out this Thursday, a teetotaling LeBeouf insists he doesn't miss getting tipsy. "I'm making an Indiana Jones movie. What's better than that?"

Spanky

I'll tell you what is better than making an Indiana Jones movie. getting paid to tap Megan Fox. I mean I have done it for free a few times but to get paid for it in Transformers. Priceless.

DubTee

Remember when River Phoenix was in the last Indy? Young, charismatic, good looking, and a simply great actor. Perfect choice. Why on earth did they cast this clown in the final installment? OK, he Seems like a nice enough guy, but ZERO screen presence. Was it between Shia and Fred Savage? Breckin Meyer? Way to ruin the movie before it starts filming, Messrs Lucas and Spielberg....

hora

you know what? good for him to knock lindsay down a notch. i hate the fact that everytime she snorts a line every gossip magazine has to tell us about it 10 different ways. whatever happened to reporting on respectable talent in hollywood? oh and i'm a huge transformers geek (i still have my G1 action figures. starscream FTW). i'm glad to see him not sucked into the party lifestyle

trish

I'm glad to see that Shia is still in the game. He's turning into a good looking young man!! Hope he continues to make wise choices.

MissThing

This guy will be a HUGE star within the next two years !!! He has "it" and he can act !!

shana

shia is great. even stevens, holes, i robot...he is for sure going to be a major player. and great attitude!

Danielle

I love this kid! I never seen him before I saw Disturbia but he was great in that. I cant wait to see Transformers and Indian Jones 4. He is gonna be a hottie!

Simpson

I became a fan of his when i first saw him in holes he is a great actor, and to the guy who said why cast this clown? Obviously you don't know talent when you see it, he is a great actor and will be famous in the future you'll see.

Belinda

Shia I am so proud of you!!! I have watched you on TV since your "Evens Stevens" days. You are such a wonderful person and actor. Don't ever start the drinking and partying lifestyle. It will only ruin your craft. Blessings to you as you work in Hollywood, and keep doing what you're doing. Love Ya, Aunt B.

HA

It seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. He's also morphing into a very handsome young man.

Paris

So refreshing to see someone so young appreciate the "art" of acting. Very professional and mature. The sky is the limit for this dude. I for one will see all of his work and look forward to great performances.

Allison

Shia is such a great role model. Not only is he one of the best actors around, he is well spoken too! He has what it takes to become a great actor. Another thing i like about him is how modest he is about his success. I know he will be a successful ator for years to come.

P-Type

A-1 actor- huge carrer for life! The possibilities for him-endless! Respect the low-profile! Don't care for the slicked back look though. I can't wait for his next movie!!!!!!