Nicole Richie

IS Pregnant

7/3/2007 3:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has independently confirmed that Nicole Richie is pregnant.

The starlet has been dating Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden for over six months. Rumors have been swirling for months that Richie and Madden were expecting, but TMZ has confirmed through several sources that she is, in fact, with child. In Touch magazine is also reporting that the couple will wed this summer. Richie is currently facing DUI charges stemming from her arrest last December, when she was found driving the wrong way on a California highway.

Richie's trial is set for July 11. If convicted, she faces a minimum of five days in jail.

Richie's rep did not return repeated calls for comment.

Irene

You people are brutal. You talk like you know her personally, & I'm sure you dont otherwise you wouldn't be on this blog. Why cant we just wish her well. Dont any of you know recovering drug addicts or for that matter drug addicts that have had babies?? Maybe she's cleaned up her act & I find it hard to believe that she got pregnant just to beat jail time. If you people hate this century's brat pack, & you know who I mean, why do you read about them & comment all the time?
I wish you well Nicole, good luck, have a healthy happy baby & screw these people that have no clue what life is about.

Ruby

I have nothing against Nicole Ritchie... I wish her the best with her baby... maybe now that she is a mom, some sense will get knocked into her mind about being a responsible parent and a good role model... worst case scenario, she turns "a-la-britney"...

let's hope not...

Jemima Puddleduck

Holy Mother of God...this is surely the sign of the Apocalypse!

Why can't these people use condoms???

Lizzie

the only concern i have for nicole is that i hope that she is healthy enough to carry the child to term w/o complications.

and to all those criticizing her, you don't know her personally, you aren't her, so shut the hell up

All American Girl

The baby will be o.k.. It will live off of what nutrition she has left in her boby. Now on the other hand Nicole may not be so lucky. Heart failure could happen because of her eating disorder and drug habit. Good luck to everyone involved because you are going to need it through the pregnancy.

Terry

I hope she gets healthy and stays healthy and becomes a better parent then what she was born with.

Sarah

This is so not fair to all of us. Paris and Nicole can drive drunk and get 5 days or 30 days in jail, but if you or I did this we would be in jail for two years! I find this outrageous! They should have to do the same time for the same crime and not get to pay off the judge......... but our word means nothing and more and more crap behind the scenes will go on.... good ol' usa huh....?

U Know Who

Actually Anonyumous they are the :

THE FOUR BIMBOS OF THE APOCOLYPSE

Paris
Nicole
Lindsay
Britney

Think about it, these idiots get this much coverage?

And the world isn't coming to an end?

I just sure as F**K hope that her one hit wonder BF invested his earnings wisely. Otherwise we will HAVE TO see some complete piece of excrement "Reality Show" about these two completely talentless hacks.

Max Sawdust

Tangie

What the hell are you people talkin about "you don't know her" Her spectacle of a life is on public display! She would be a horrible mother. Her self professed drug problem, and going to jail for driving under the influence are all I need to know about her, to judge weather or not she is fit. She ain't!!!

A sad day...

oh dear.....please SOMEONE take the kid and FEED it regularly....what a mess hollywood is!!

besides hollywood and bush in D.C. we're sandwiched in a collapsing hole of brainless idiots....

angela

maybe it will make her grow up, stop the doping and drinking and starving herself. having a baby helped the growing pains tracy gold tons. she credits having a baby with saving her life. just my opin

Ashley Olsen

Let's hope Nichole's baby is born plump and health, so that when she gets the munchies she can eat her baby and at least gain a bit more weight. That baby is going to be anorexic and deformed from all of Nichole's drug use. I bet someone will find it in the trashcan somewhere in Tinseltown.

Erlinda

Poor baby. God help it.

cmyman

DON'T HATE, CONGRATULATE!!!!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER, WHY YOU HERE READING ABOUT HER AND LEAVING HATEFUL MESSAGES? YOU THINK SHE CARE? PEOPLE WOO-SAI IT OUT AND GET A HOBBY OTHER THAN THIS SITE.

Hell in a Handbasket.

This is why I sometimes believe the world should have breeding laws.

I fear for the life of that child, I honestly do.