Kobayashi's Janky Jaw Batters Bookies

7/4/2007 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Master masticator Takeru Kobayashi is keeping all those hot-dog-eating-contest fans on the edges of their saggy couches, wondering how fit his arthritic jaw will be for today's big Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest showdown. But, frankly speaking, the champ's injury has really thrown all those online betting sites for a serious loop.

Several Internet bookies, including AcesAce and Betting Zone, had to wipe their odds on the Nathan's contest, especially with last year's runner-up, Joey Chestnutt being so close to Kobayashi in the dog-devouring eat-off. As of late Tuesday, no odds had been posted on the event on most of the sites.

But -- fear not, bettors -- Bodog.com's still got its odds up, and -- hot dog! -- the odds are on American Chestnutt, who beat Kobayashi last year. Kobayashi's a 3-to-2 underdog, and at Tuesday's weigh-in, reports say he was still having trouble opening his jaw. Not jammin'!

Sean

www.lost.eu/511a1

Insert comical name here

It must be a really slow gossip day. This is the lamest tmz post since I've been reading.

nailontheheader

o yea!!! my son and i caught this not 2 long ago live...he came n 2nd..joey won!!!! yea!!!!

nailontheheader

by the way...HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY !!!...and it's also mine and my husbands wedding anniversary,so yea!!! to us,too!!!!!!

nailontheheader

........fixin 2 throw the dogs on the grill !!!!!!.....

Avamp1

I'd like to know what happends next? Major throw-up, or a 13 foot turd?

Maggie

Hotdogs are disgusting and so is anyone who shoves that garbage down their throats. Everyone enjoy grilling them and take a minute to listen to your heart clogging. NASTY!

baby girl

Reversal of fortune!!!!!

luvmyredhead

#8, that was freaking hilarious!!!!!

mary

it's boring...........

Irene

That is the most disgusting event I have ever seen, & believe me my husband has to watch it every year...Why????

nailontheheader

geeeeez...what killjoys!!!!..i feel sorry 4 ur families!!!!..bichin is also bad the heart #9,(everbuddies involved)..so beware beeuches...

felixluv

shut up #7, hot dogs r pretty good, just not 50 @ a time. and by the way i'm sure u have eaten some things that will clog ur throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

felixluv

what happened 2 the comment i just posted????

robbybee

Hey Ms. WannaPuke (#11):

My late wife felt the same way! I guess it's like watching a train wreck or another story about Ms. Hilton. We want to look away - BUT WE CAN'T!!!