Report: 'Sex' Movie

A Go!

7/4/2007 4:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0703_sex_city_bn-1TV Guide's Michael Ausiello is reporting that the long-awaited "Sex and the City" movie is finally a go!

Speculation has been swirling for a while that the movie was hung up due to its dueling stars, but Ausiello reports that SJP, Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis AND Kim Cattrall have all signed on the dotted line to do the film.

Shooting reportedly will start in September.

Thank God -- no more lonely Friday nights watching season six on DVD while drinking a bottle of wine by yourself.

There's always season five.

#7

Cannot Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best half hour show on TV!
Hopefully the movie will be just as good!

Jenna

I'm out of the loop-- which cast members were dueling?

christina

love r 8 me im $till er.

Kristen

YAY!! I'M SO EXCITED!!

friendofdot

You only watch Season 6? I have the series and watch it ..as a marathon. However, I am afraid that a movie will ruin it. But I'm sure I'll see it anyway. Wish people would give SJP a break.

STACIE

I cant wait!!! i stay up at night and still watch the reruns. It is an awesome show with great writing and great acting by all 4 women. Im glad they finally decided to do a movie. But maybe the show shouldnt have been cancelled. I think sometimes a show is so good that you cant possibly put everything you want and need to say and do into a hour and half movie. This show was meant to be on tv.
But i will still go see the movie. Im dying to see where carrie and Big end up!!!

Mags

'Geriatric Sex In The City'

Cat Stevns

I mean like, aren't
these bitches a tad old to be playing sex symbols. I mean like the eldest looks like Grandma Moses! she knows who she is....

Eric Vaughan

There is too lots they can do in a movie. They can get that guy from 24 on their cellphone screens and use their sex in the city to stop terror plots, like Charlie's Angels. Now that we're talking about it, I can't wait until this comes out. Maybe they can even get a chocolate member and say cool things to her, like "this is so big only you can handle it, sugah!"

You dig?

nurse1211

HBO has hits......I miss several of their shows. Sex and the City, OZ,Sopranos & hell I even miss Six Feet Under.
I look forward to this movie.

Shelly

When this was talked about a few years ago, I thought it was a great idea. Now, I don’t know. I just purchased Season 6 Part 1 and Part 2 – what is left for those girls to do. They all had happy endings. Why ruin it or are they trying to make it real life? Big dumps Carrie for the nth time, Mirada is really gay, Samantha dies from cancer and the Charlotte – oh my god, finally get pregnant and the child dies after birth. Geez, now I am depressed.

stop the madness

"They let Sarah Jessica Parker on t.v and her face looks like a foot"Peater Greffin Family Guy

Seriously

Do you think in the movie Carrie will FINALLY marry Mr. Big?

Eric Vaughan

I'm sorry, Renee, I hope you'll feel better. How about this? One of the girls had an affair with a warlock since we last saw them and she had a baby. Ever since I Love Lucy, babies have been good for ratings. The baby would have magic powers and you could tell what the baby was thinking by little thought balloons above its head. Maybe the family could even own an orange cat who thinks the same way and it'd be called Carpfilled.

Happy Fourth!

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

To you who are going see this mess of a movie,have fine. I loved, LOVED the show.

It was a tv show. A good tv show, but a show that ran its course and a tv show . The ending with Carrie and Big was a fan pleaser, but not what the show could have written as it had previously to show a truer to life thing. Clearly KimCantrall, who had the most sense by not wanting to do movie, now wants to because she got her fat check. I see nothing wrong with these girls going for a big payday in this STRAIGHT TO DVD MOVIE.
Lets just be honest . It is a bad choice. A straight to dvd movie.