Divine Brown:

Alive and Talking!

7/5/2007 1:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0705_hugh_divine_mugshot-1In "Who knew she was still alive?" news -- Divine Brown, the prostitute busted with Hugh Grant on Sunset Blvd. back in 1995, is telling her story (again) about the night that changed her life forever. Heyyyyyyyyy!

Brown, real name Estella Marie Thompson, is part of a British television special airing tonight on ITV. She tells the Daily Mail she made nearly $1.6 million doing publicity after her infamous arrest with the "Four Wedding and a Funeral" star, who was dating Elizabeth Hurley at the time. She says, "I love Hugh Grant. Hugh Grant put my kids through school, gave us a chance at the life we probably would've never reached." It's like "Pretty Woman" ... kinda.

Brown went on to pass along her best wishes to Hugh, saying, "If I can meet him and shake his hand, all I would like to say is: 'Thank you. I appreciate you, and if there is anything I can do in return I would love to be a friend.'"

Hugh probably feels that Divine has done enough already.

MsAlSharpton

Hopefully her kids have a better life then their mother!

Nick Marx

You guys at TMZ are great. All the right and witty comments every time. I love it.

Hanzi

I am glad to hear, things have turned out so good for her. I wish all these sweet girls could live like queens. But I feel sorry for Hugh Grant, he couldn't get her to give him a kiss. He still has that to come.

sunset

Always thought Hugie was light in the loafers. I can't stand the guy. He just acts too much and you don't know what is real or what is the Real Hugh. I can see why Elizab eth dumped his ass, but now she is making a fool of herself with all the latest stuff she is up too. Perhaps these two deserved each other afterall. Susy

Squido W Cash

Oh now isn't she special? Maybe she can team up with Monica Lewinsky and perform a duet.

rose

She didn't make all the money by screwing she made it on different tv appearances. also it hasnt been 17 years the year was 1995 subtract 1997 from 2007 and what do you get? 12 the answer is twelve 12 get it?

wendy

I am happy to learn that things turned out well for the Sistah. It is wonderful that she had a chance to turn her life around and completely change the fate of her family. That breif encounter made Hugh Grant a 'household name' and it appears as if he is a good guy.

smartgal

Now that's entertainment. I think it should be movie. What a hoot!

Nandi

I always thought and still do that she is one pretty woman. And you haters out there if you ain't no virgin you just as much a whore as the one you are calling except you are a dumb whore for you either got a baby or wet tail were at least she was getting paid, what hypocrites.

Nandi

Guy

SUPER FLUFF!

Desertfox760

I use to live in the same apartment complex as Divine Brown aka "Pancake," in San Leandro,Ca. I was much younger then but knew her well and seen her pimp frequently. I can say this with some certainty, she didn't get all that money herself. She did move to Texas with her 2 bad ass daughter but her pimp did get a lot of that money. Evident by his Rolls Royce subsequent to this ordeal.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3