The Atonement of Britney -- Or, Whatever

7/5/2007 4:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears makes a bald move once again.
Britney Spears
On her official website, she posted a note apologizing to a paparazzo for her furious pre-rehab, head-shaved umbrella attack. She explains that her act was part of a "stunt" while preparing her "character" for a "roll" (sic) in a movie. "I take all my rolls (sic) very seriously and got a little carried away," justified the formerly hotheaded pop wreck. "Unfortunately, I didn't get the part," reveals the Britz.

The website also asks her most diehard fans (is there anyone left?) to help name her upcoming album. The choices? "Omg is Like Lindsay Lohan Like Okay Like," "What if the Joke is on You," "Down boy," "Integrity," and "Dignity."

Britney rolls on!

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

Lubyloo

When I first heard this, I thought, "How stupid does she think we are?" Now, I really think she is being sarcastic. Odd that she would communicate about her personal problems in this way, but she clearly does do this with respect to her mother.

alli

Britney needs to get someone to manage her. No one is going to buy the "preparing for a role thing" with the whole wacko umbrella thing.

ugh

AHAHHAA, I really hope Shar Jackson is laughing her ass off.

Nicole

i can beleive the way u all talk abut britney. give the girl a break shes been through some bad times and done some silly things so shes just trying to rectivfy her mistakes which is more that can be said for most celebritys. i'll always be a brit fan no matter wot

joomalicious

I guess she was preparing her piehole for a dinner roll?

joomalicious

Oh yeah and Brit Brit, please stay the hell out of Valencia!!

d

i think its a lie! but thats fine. i think as a celeb i would go crazy just bc of the paparazzi&rumors!

NoNo

The saddest part is that she doesn't even realize that she's now considered like, D-list material. She's basically uninsurable just like Hohan (oops sorry, I meant Lohan!), unpleasant to look at, has a rather foul reputation in terms of always flashing her nasty crotch for any & every camera, she's proven to be certifiably unstable, and for the most part she's like the biggest joke in all of "celebrityville" right now. But she really doesn't have a clue about any of that, at all. She's so truly pathetic, that it's almost sad......
almost, but just funny enough not to be sad because she's so damn full of herself.

InMyHumbleOpinion

I apologize to the pap for a stunt that was done 4 months ago regarding an umbrella. I was preparing my character for a role in a movie where the husband never plays his part so they switch places accidentally. I take all my roles very seriously and got a little carried away. Unfortunately I didn't get the part.

I've read every entry to date (I'm behind), and I didn't see anyone mention Ms. Spears' failure to take responsible for the attack? As she writes, pasted above, 'I apologize...for a stunt that was done...'. A stunt that was done??? By whom? A professional stunt professional???

That failure to accept personal responsibility for a violent assualt is very troubling. I have real fear for her children.

I didn't grow up in the Spears household, so I am not going to venture to give my opinion on how she should deal with her family. But I will say that I do not believe that either her mother or Federline should have custody. Britney is a product of her overbearing stage mother, and I for one would not entrust my child to her, nor to an absentee, drug-using father.

It's clear that Britney Spears is mentally unstable. But that should not warrant an attack on her. Yes, she is making a fool of herself, if only for attention. But should anyone really be surprised? After all, I suspect the only way to earn stage-mom's love was to be famous. As an adult, that has manifested itself in publicity seeking behaviors as a way to feel loved.

Finally, as an album title, I would suggest, 'HELP'. But I fear that the need to feel in control right now is greater than the willingness to admit the need for help.

lovegirl

heheheheheheheheheha!!! Brittany is losing her marbles....

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17