Clarkson to Manager:

Thank You, You're Fired!

7/6/2007 3:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On her much maligned new album, Kelly Clarkson expressed nothing but love for her former manager -- then she fired his ass!
Kelly Clarkson
While the feud, er, creative differences between Kelly and music mogul Clive Davis haven't been a secret, her recent firing of The Firm's Jeff Kwatinetz -- on top of scrapping her tour -- proved there was trouble in Clarksonland!

But in the liner notes of "My December," Clarkson sings a different tune by writing, "Thank you to my manager Jeff Kwatinetz for arguing with me and fighting for me! I hate 'yes' people, and you are far from that, always wanting the best out of me and for me. Sometimes I want to punch you, but most of the time you inspire me and make me laugh, because you are one of the most passionate and driven people I have ever worked with. Thank you for believing in me! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT THIS RECORD OUT, HA HA!!" Neither can Clive Davis!

Despite the pleasantries, Kelly fired Kwatinetz, who was once engaged to Brittany Murphy, and hired Reba McEntire's manager/husband Narvel Blackstock. Let's hope Blackstock can save our little Miss Independent from self-destructing.

"My December" debuted this week at #2 on the Billboard charts selling over 290,000 copies. Yeah, yeah. Since u been gone!

Rock on, Team Kelly!

Perez Hilton

BURN MO'FO BURN!

Team Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BiGBallin

Why isnt TMZ covering the affair the Moyor of Los Angles iVillaraigosa having with the Telemundo reporter, Mirthala Salinas’ who also slept with a good friend of Villaraigosa’s, Assembly Speaker, Fabio Nuñez. Before that she was involved with California State Senator Alex Padilla (D-San Fernando Valley).

Why Tmz? Why'?

Democrats are evil

Kelly wanted to be a star. Be careful what you wish for. Do ya think she will ever live a normal life again. Not if Hollywood has it's way.
Chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew.

Spit!

Kind of hard to feel sorry for those that bring it on themselves.

monique

Is this supposed to save her career?

Ben

First, I think Kelly is perhaps one of the most talented singers that we have today. I also believe that the Reba team will guide and shape her career into the sort of longevity that Reba herself enjoys. Kelly has the voice to be one of the greats along with Reba, Barbra, Judy, Celine and Liza. No last names are needed. :)

Nance

I hope you make it Kelly ...your a really good singer...:)

Paul

Is the music biz getting to hard Kelly?

BOEING 787

Kelly Clarkson has had some problems lately, but is a good and real artist not a fake
artist like so many others.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Boeing 787 roll out on 07/08/07

jj

I knew this album would tank. Straight trash!!! No suprise here

Democrats are evil

Hey, #2 (Go Away) You're so correct. TMZ is a celebrity Gossip site that exist solely to destroy and annoy a celebrity's reputation. Typical media trash. They would never find their site reporting honest news or dishonest politicians like the LA Mayor. He's such a crook but TMZ will never try to hurt them. They admire him. It's an immoral world we live in, isn't it?

Whippet Good

I really like Kelly's voice, but her music has generally been too fake for my taste, with the exception of 'Breakaway'. I hope her recent troubles are just the result of her seeking a more genuine experience. Hopefully she will learn from all this and come out stronger in a few years. Best wishes, Kelly!

Kirk

Wow, I wish I had a 290,000 album sales failure. You all are retards.

Logan

WHY DO YOU ALL LIKE THIS FAT COW?

She Is UGLY, and FAT

She Sounds like a MAN

She is UGLY

Did I mention she's FAT?

OH!!!! and she has a YUCK MOUTH... LMAO

Go see a dentist, JELLYROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Geno's World

I find it funny that people would try to trash TMZ on their own site. If you don't like it, why are you here? Keep up the good work TMZ!!!!
As for Kelly, her CD has peaked at #2. It's downhill from here.....

Adrienna

ummm....not sure what planet you're from, but hitting #2 in the USA is a big accomp.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments