If Convicted,

Nicole Richie is Screwed

7/6/2007 4:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0706_richie_3-1Will a sympathetic judge delay Nicole Richie's mandatory jail sentence if she's convicted? Don't get your hopes up, honey.

TMZ did some checking on the guy in the robe who will preside over her case and sentence her if she's convicted. The guy is Los Angeles County Commissioner Steven Lubell. The legal eagles who have appeared in his courtroom say he's tough and very much by the book. He will not give Richie any special treatment, and our sources say her pregnancy won't amount to squat when it comes to serving time.

Richie's trial is scheduled to begin next Wednesday. If convicted, it will be her second DUI and she'll face a minimum of five days in jail.

Lynnwood ladies -- let's get ready to rumble!

Lia

Gores son is a greater danger than Hilton or Ritchie the wreckless dangerous driver was going at 100mph and drugged up.

I highly doubt he will go to jail

whudafxup

2 DUIs? Should be a minimum of 5 years.

my opinion

ACCOUNTABILITY!
She is responsible for her recklessness and an unborn child. Nicole has had enough free rides. I do hope that the California court system keeps the pressure on these kids of the rich and famous. Lock her and young Gore up for endangering the rest of we mere mortals.

Lilarose

I can't believe a young woman with the health problems that Nicole Richie has would consider getting pregnant, allow herself to get pregnant......

Surely she realizes this baby needs good nutrition to develop properly.

Judy

Nicole Richie laughs and giggles over going the wrong way on a freeway. She by far deserves more jail time than Paris Hilton. She does not care or realize that she put lives in danger. Who and what is she? A Hollywood monster brat. Perhaps she will care about her baby's life and behave for awhile but as for you and me? We are a joke to her and our life has no value. Nicole, Paris and Lindsay have no redeeming virtues at all.

renee

7 years ago this August I was busted for a DUI. Months later, I became pregnant. I was 3 months preggo when the judge ordered me to do 3 months time. If I had to do it, so should everyone else!
You do the crime, you do the time. It's SIMPLE.

Cynic

Yeah, well judging from her current "condition", she's already been screwed! She should still go to jail, pregnant or not.

Standards are badly needed.

A five day stay for her is like a short week at a (very!) private health spa. No problem here, and no histrionics here for this girl either, I'll bet.

I call bullshit

she was on david letterman, what is she supposed to do, cry?!

Posted at 4:15PM on Jul 6th 2007 by Michellaneous

..how about act contrite or would that be too much of a stretch.....?
how much laughing would she have done if she had hit someone head on....??

Irene

#3 - MOMO-RBD - I think you're drunk or high, either that or you're about 6 yrs old & cant spell. Then again I know 6 yr olds that spell better.

I call bullshit

Nicole, Paris and Lindsay have no redeeming virtues at all.

Posted at 4:45PM on Jul 6th 2007 by susie

... they will all end up self destructing... hopefully sooner rather than later :)

UncleBigBad

drinking, using drugs, facing jail time? not quite a candidate for mother of the year.

erin

Blah Blah BLAH when are they throwing crack head Lohan in the slammer

Brittany

Considering the fact that Paris served 23 days for merely driving on a suspended license, I am going to be very upset if Nicole Richie gets less time than that. Nicole was driving on the wrong side of the highway and on top of that was on drugs.

erin