Danza on Paris

Who's the Hypocrite?

7/6/2007 3:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

tonydanza-1Failed talk show host Tony Danza vowed dramatically never to watch CNN again because of wall-to-wall Paris Hilton coverage, but he sure liked Paris enough to feature her on the first week of his now-canceled talk show a few years back -- and to pimp her appearance beforehand.

The "Who's the Boss?" ex-star slammed CNN for its Paris coverage, whining to the Washington Post that "I'll never watch CNN again" because "they don't give you want you need, they give you what you want."

But we did a little research, and it seems that Paris was what Tony wanted on his show back in September 2004 -- booking her for his fourth episode and boasting to Time magazine, "I think I wanna teach her how to cook. Just in case somebody comes over, Paris, you can whip this up for them."

Once you've been there, it's hard to forget Paris. Danza is another story.

Just my opinion

Forget talking about Paris, TMZ, we want to know more about Tas's interview with Greta...

nurse1211

Could I be 1st?

nurse1211

O well .......who cares we ALL do what we do for cash?

....hmmmm

Tony who?????? He's a loser anyway!

Dianna

There is a difference between Tony Danza's show and CNN!!!!

Abby

~crosses my eyes~...i'm confused...he had Paris on his talk show 3 years ago and now it is a big issue with you because he doesn't watch CNN now? it's a sad fact that most news shows cater to what they think the public wants...not necessarily what we need to know and hear about...that's common knowledge...and it's also sad that they would have such massive coverage of a person that has done absolutely nothing to deserve any kind of attention other than being born a Hilton...i'm thinking I agree with Tony.

Tara Tennent

Some people would rather watch Paris Hilton's antics than focus on the civil war in Iraq..What of it! Danza is a has been.

clever

Gee, I think there's a slight difference between what's interesting on a talk show, and what qualifies as news on CNN. I see his point, and I really don't see how this makes him a hypocrite!

eric

danza"s right, cnn is a news show, his show was for entertainment

Stephie_in_Tampa

This is a lame story (non-story), TMZ. Slow news day I guess. So what if he had Paris on his TALK SHOW. CNN is supposed to be serious news - that's Tony's point. Duh.

Jeanie Dranked the bottle

TMZ is obcessed with Paris. I believe if this ho did not exsist, TMZ would go crazy; start shooting people

p1tey1

I agree with him. I thought the news coverage of both her incarceration and release were disgusting. The so-called "credible" news networks sunk to the likes of paparazzi and gossip bloggers!

Americans LOVE being stupid!

But I guess that's one of the "freedoms" people fight and die in wars, so you people can be stupid!

Chica Consuleo

So Tony Danza can't get sick of someone?! Paris did not have the press coverage back in 2004 that she did during her jail term and a lot of people were sick of CNN's non-stop coverage of it. So cut Tony some slack - he would be a hypocrit if he said that and the following week booked her on his show but this is something from 3 years ago.

lucky

Another has been..

Ghengis

Hey, TMZ, fine piece of investigative reporting. Just one problem though, dunderheads, Tony Danza's talk show, for entertainment, and CNN, purportedly for news, are not comparable.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments