John Mayer Blogs Out, Goes Green

7/7/2007 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ever wonder what's going on in John Mayer's big ol' head? As a part of the Live Earth "concert series for a climate in crisis," Mayer's been blogging his thoughts on climate change. Climb right into Mayer's large cranium!

Here's what
Mayer wrote about the event a couple of days ago:

"I hope that for all the cynicism that's existed around this subject, we can all uncross our arms long enough to give this event a chance to impact the world in the way that I'm beginning to feel that it could. Now isn't the time to dissect the rights and wrongs. (If you're hoping Live Earth doesn't work, you have a lot of soul-searching to do.)

With this kind of lineup, there's no cause or crisis that wouldn't be positively affected by an event of this scope. Live Earth isn't a show - it's a showing, a presentation of an idea. Artists like us don't just get together to each play 20 minute sets every weekend, you know. We're also usually pretty sensitive about the order in which we take the stage, and I've got no problems with my 5:12 PM set time. The Police, Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, and yes, myself and my dumb face are all openers for the true headliner - the power to literally change the world's mind."

So inspirational! Wonder what ex Jess thinks about Mayer's do-good-ing green scene.

BOEING 787

It is typical for Republicans to oppose anything associated with the environment,
they opposed the concert in Washington because Al Gore was associated with it
It is time govermnents,companies, and individuals to reduce the carbon footprint.

chillout music girl

John the the humpback of notre dame mayer is a toad.
Mayer,s a world class A$$HOLE. He is a womanizer for one.
First Jennifer love Hewitt, Heidi Klum, Jessica Simpson and now Penelope the HO cruz.
Not to mention the numerous groupies.
He is like this evil ,egomaniac, nerd type who happens to be ugly as sin itself.
He would of never been able to get these kind of women if he was the average guy.
Even his songs are hypocrisy ( the stupid fathers be kind to your daughters song)
How could he write such a song, and be the ugly playboy he is.
Rock star or not, this man is UGLY and REPULSIVE.
What good is it to be so concerned about the environment, when you treat women like sex objects
that you throw away like trash...Once you got your boner problem fixed.
A person should start by treating the people in their lives(friends,family and bed partners/girlfriends like human beings.
I read in a article recently that some singer referred to him as a RAT.
The rat can play guitar, but a rat is still a rat. even if he is eating organic food.

He is just a stupid toad!!!!

chillout music girl

Mayer is UGLY

chillout music girl

UGLY BIG LIPS AND SKANKY HAIR
WELL HIS WHOLE FACE IS A TRAIN WRECK.

chillout music girl

AT LEAST JESSICA SIMPSON KIND OF MADE HIM NOT LOOK SO REPULSIVE.
BUT STILL - I THINK SHE MUST BE A NICE PERSON TO LOOK BEYOND HIS UGLY MUG. IN THE END HE STILL RIPPED HER HEART OUT.
I FEEL SO SAD FOR HER AND ANYONE THAT GOES NEAR THIS WHORE.
HE MUST KNOW HE HAS A TIME LIMIT ON GETTING GOOD LOOKING WOMEN, HE IS ONLY GOING TO GET UGLIER OUTSIDE. HE IS ALREADY UGLY INSIDE.

I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE KISSED THAT!!! IT WOULD GIVE ME NIGHTMARES
SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE WHO LOOKS LIKE A PALE, CORPSE.

chillout music girl

Sorry people, I must agree this man is ugly, there is even a defination to describe people like him in the urban dictionary.

So John Mayer

A guy who is ugly yet hotter than hell. A guy who you don't exactly think looks good or fine, but has this sense of hotness to him. Something that attracts you to him other than just his looks. In this case - John Mayer's voice and lips.

PS. I would have to disagree with the lips thing, he needs liposuction on his lips.
Nice voice.
Even, as woman he is such a smug person, I want to punch him out or puke when I see his close ups in videos.

yoanna

DAMN HE SURE HAS SOME BIG ASS HAIR!!!! GET A HAIR CUT FOOL!!!!

Terry

Keeping America green has been around for generations,It does not belong to Al Gore.
Global warming is a separate issue and the 2 are now being blended in order to try and shut the critics up..
maybe those who belive in Global warming should just stay on topic.
next they will add smoky the bear and warn us to put out all camp fires too!

anny

It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter, go figure. What a bunch of self-rightous over indulged brats. Don't preach to me. They are the ones living the high life jetting around, living in huge mansions, right and I'm suppose to go without AC and hang my laundry out to dry. Phfft

Terry

I have been recycling and conserving energy for over 2o years now as have most of my neighbors & friends.
Has nothing to do global warming a theory which many of us reject.
I find it a waste of valuable time and energy when this planet could use focus on more reality based issues.

Suzanne

Hmmm, many John-boy haters all w/ something to say. I personally don't care what his hair looks like, who he's dating or if he's a jerk. I don't have to look at him, go out with him (obviously...) nor do I know him. Therefore he's never been an ass to this reality based fan. In fact I don't really care what he thinks about anything. Do I have his CD in my car? Hell yeah, and for a good 6 months now. May not be for YOU, but for ME it makes an great listen while on the freeway or sitting in traffic. He's no one to me but a shiny lil' circle I stuff in my CD player. Get real people! As for the concert (which I watched a lil' bit of). they did elaborate on some of the issues raised such as the recycled materials used to make the stage and backdrop, paper and plastic products used and created by way of the necessary functions for the productions at the various venues. If it raises some awareness then it can't be all bad. Music and media will always position and market themselves to be trendy no matter what. At least it's better to focus on something like this rather than a spoiled heiress having to go w[out hair extentions to get a reality check. Geez! Give them a coupla days and the collective 'they' will come up w/ next weeks thing de' jour- hoping we'll all be paying attention....

Terry

We still have aids, hunger and horrendous events such as Katrina that we are unable to deal with on this planet! Yes do recycle, use less water and fuel those are all elementary messages we have been taught from birth now, But global warming hysteria ? Once we get a grip on the first issues we can then learn to deal with the "natural" event of our earth warming a few degrees every billion years. Better we learn to prepare for proven natural disasters such as a major earth quake.

Terry

I wish all those concerts were for our men & woman fighting in the war.
A concert because they are all home! A concert to say thank you for going no matter what we may feel about the reason they were there.
Sorry but I cant get into global warming right now. I do like the Mayer's music very much though.

The Marian Movement

Thing I don't get is why are the rich dudes are all in on this act. Makes me wonder?

Madonna and all of them have shares in companies that do more harm than good which says to me they want to control what's being done to protect their investments. While they are "fixing the problem" no one else will as they give the impression they have it under control.

Do they ever "DO" anything?...NO. They just talk about it. That's the smoke screen.

Global warming is one thing but global poverty is the real issue. We will never solve the environmental issues while the world is controlled by the rich cause if we go green they would be the ones shooting themselves in the foot. Green is a scam, an opiate for the masses to keep the rich - rich and poor - poorer.

0.0000000000000000000000000001% of the worlds pop are rich and own 99% of world resources while 99.999999999999999999999999999% of us aren't and own the remaining 1%. Don't quote me on the stats - it's more the point than the figures.

It's a world pyramid we live in peoples....aren't pyramid schemes illegal? Call me Moses but the system needs to change not the colour of our politics.

While the Pharaoh’s and their Queens - like Mayer, Simpson's, Paris, Madonna and even Ms Jolie control what's being "done" nothing will change because they are the problem NOT the solution. The day I see one of them give everything away (not just a million here or there) to the point where it does "hurt" them a little - is the day they have the rite to preach. If I earned 12mil a movie, 1 mil would not even effect me.

I'm not saying what they do doesn't help, just that in the end the richer you are the more you will protect your wealth. The answer lies in turning the pyramid upside down and they'll never allow that to happen. Hence they control things and give the impression they are "helping".

AnnaNicoleIsJesus

If John's head is large then it's because he has such a fine brain inside there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments