John Mayer Blogs Out, Goes Green

7/7/2007 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ever wonder what's going on in John Mayer's big ol' head? As a part of the Live Earth "concert series for a climate in crisis," Mayer's been blogging his thoughts on climate change. Climb right into Mayer's large cranium!

Here's what
Mayer wrote about the event a couple of days ago:

"I hope that for all the cynicism that's existed around this subject, we can all uncross our arms long enough to give this event a chance to impact the world in the way that I'm beginning to feel that it could. Now isn't the time to dissect the rights and wrongs. (If you're hoping Live Earth doesn't work, you have a lot of soul-searching to do.)

With this kind of lineup, there's no cause or crisis that wouldn't be positively affected by an event of this scope. Live Earth isn't a show - it's a showing, a presentation of an idea. Artists like us don't just get together to each play 20 minute sets every weekend, you know. We're also usually pretty sensitive about the order in which we take the stage, and I've got no problems with my 5:12 PM set time. The Police, Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, and yes, myself and my dumb face are all openers for the true headliner - the power to literally change the world's mind."

So inspirational! Wonder what ex Jess thinks about Mayer's do-good-ing green scene.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

www

he used the verb "impact" incorrectly.

newjerseygirl

We have 1 home & 2 cars in our family, John Mayer must think that is too much..... It's all the FREAKIN' greedy SUPER rich stars with 5 million dollar estates and their multi collection of luxury cars , & yes don't forget their private jets & yachts who don't need to conserve, just give them more...... Ohhhhhh , but I forgot the poor common Joe, has to have less & less in this country so the FAT CATS can have more & more . What BS!! SSDD!

SP

Once again some entertainer wants a cause to show that they care about the world and not themselves. I know I know WE need to change our lifestyles. But you rich people like Gore can keep buying fake carbon off sets and do what you want. It is the middle American who pays the bills on all this stuff. We pay for health care, we pay for welfare, we pay for poloticians to travel the world in luxury on gas burning jets, we pay all the taxes so the BIG GOVERNMENT can keep getting bigger and the lazy can stay on welfare. And of course the rich like you and others who used to be entertainers (now annoying us all form the DIxie Chicks, Alec Baldwin, Streisand, Penn, Crow, Mayer, etc........) can buy carbon offsets and do what you have always done. Why don't you all move out of those big mansions you live in. Or hey Bon Jovi sell the 25 MILLION DOLLAR house you JUST BOUGHT after you knew about this Gore BS. But I say lets support the ones who support this idea. Don't spend money on their concerts, cd's, movies, etc... And Gore is the biggest showman of them all. He is heading the NON-PROFIT group to make people aware of the fake dangers of global warming and traveling the world on tax frre donations. He is not even spending HIS OWN money. He buys the carbon off-sets from his own company with I am sure tax free donations form idiots like these.

Kris Peterson

He was sooooooooo good yesterday!!! He plays his ass off on guitar and has soul as a singer. Then....when he played at the end with The Police....he killed me. Andy Sommers is basically a rhythm guitar player. If you'll notice on ALL of the Police albums he never took a solo....even in person. But, it seemed with Mayer playing with them, it all came together. I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM.

tjs

Does everyone in Hollywood or the entertainment industry have to take a political stance on this whole "DOOM & GLOOM...WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE....GLOBAL WARMING....THE SKY IS FALLING", Liberal B.S.!!! PLEASE!! I know that "they" are in the lime light, but 90% of "entertainers" preach to us "little people", but then turn around and get on their gas guzzling private jets, and return to their energy wasting 500,000 sq. ft. homes!! Give me a break!!! Hey Meyer....why don't YOU donate ALL the profits from YOUR next album to Green Peace or Africa!!!

jana

I can't stand when they try to preach us what to do and they live like 1 or 2 people in those gigantic houses and are rarely home. What a waste. Driving around in big SUV's and he only can come with that little changes count? Is he kidding me he can buy a new car any minute. What is he waiting for? They tell us to take a train, bus subway..... none around where I live. Than walk-I do but just for pleasure every day; if I need to get some business done, shoping etc, I would be back after at least 4 hours. Go and tell politicians to change the infrastacture of the city, don't preach me. I do what I can. Al Gore need sto give the environmental lecture to the the celebrities. They are the biggest polutents here.

jana

forgot to add that Eva Longoria will be probably next telling us about the global warming. Nice wedding, even nicer polution. The air is just a little bit better.

Fay

Sorry Mayer you are so dishonest I do not know what to believe from your mouth.
I don't know what's hype and what's not.

chillout music girl

John Mayer may have talent, but as a person he is a complete piece of manure.
He is the nerd that got to much power.
Now, he feels he can speak on all kinds of subjects.
He needs to fix himself, before telling others what to do.
In my book he is a skanky guy with bad manners.
I would rather listen to the police or someone else, who is a good person in life and in their career. John mayer go suck an egg you fugly turd.
I hope jessica simpson ignores your butt if she ever sees you again or maybe she should follow this advice RUN!!! JESS RUN!! CUJO IS COMING FOR YOU AND HIS NAME IS JOHN MAYER!!

chillout music girl

john mayer is so ugly!! My god.
He is a stoner and a perv!!
I heard that some fans which met him said - the man had a major case of body oder.
The mind is a terrible thing to lose, especially when mayer is a major pothead and druggie. Do some reearch and you will see it is true.
His comedy sucks 2.
Can anyone spell LOSER.

AnnaNicoleIsJesus

But, we're waiting, waiting for his car to change. Yeah, we're waiting for his car to change.

I said he's intelligent not practical. An SUV is impractical for one man unless he has a family.

ketty

I absolutely adore John Mayer, and apologize for all of my comments under the names of Ketty (UK), and Miss Disappointed (UK) on TMZ.

I’m just a woman who has been slighted, and only wanted to retort with a few comments. Life would be rather dull if we could not respond by expressing our emotions, and in my case a regrettable set of comments, and I'm so sorry.

I'm so relieved to hear that he's okay now, and only hope that he finds another girlfriend soon, as he's too good looking to be without one.

I don't think he realises that every aspect of his voice is so much more than attractive, it’s ultra deluxe in terms of vocal delivery, and I’m sure that all of his fans and many people who read these comments will agree.

I will be in love with John Mayer, his voice and his mind, forever and a day….

Ketty (UK)

Granny Pants

Do all these guys fly commercial?

T.M.

I had not read this all until just now so I don't even know if anybody is even going to read my comment at all . But I think , and sorry , but first I have to say this . I really really was a fan of Mayer's music before the whole Jessica THING ! But ever since then , it left me with a really queezy eezy feeling in my core about him . I mean Heidi , J.L.Hewitt , and all the others he picked to try out before were fine feeling to me , in my gut , you understand . But JESSICA , phhhfft ! Please ! She is just such a manipulative broad . Yeah , he might have said while he was dating her , she isn't dumb . Not really . It is just an act . YES John ! Exactly my point ! Duh ! She is just a very showy fake . And for using that " Ooopsy " He He , " Giggle Giggle " tired out Marilyn Monroe type of act that she is so guilty of doing ALL THE DARN TIME . It just is so disgustingly tiring to watch . And she is from Texas too ! Do you know how ashamed that makes me feel !!!! It made me swear that I was definitely not going to buy another c.d. from him ever . And that the CONTINUUM c.d. was the final one . So now here he is talking about saving the earth . I tell you , I am not so sure about him on this one , considering his judgement on other areas in his life . It's hard as a celebrity to be taken seriously in the first place . But him now after that . I find it funny he is trying to be taken seriously after that !

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6