This is Dinner With Spinal Tap

7/9/2007 3:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

spinal tapDon't want the planet to fry? Love rock and roll? Chow down with Spinal Tap!

The cast of the cult classic "This Is Spinal Tap" -- genius Harry Shearer, the hilarious Christopher Guest and wacky Michael McKean, along with director and greenie meathead Rob Reiner -- will host a private dinner in Los Angeles for the highest bidder and a guest.

Proceeds to benefit the Live Earth concerts and Alliance for Climate Protection. Pre-approved bidders only, dudes.

Lenn K.

Like Africa, this is a neverending pit for donations. 1985, remember we are the world. Africa is worse today than back then. So what is the real answers? Maybe some personal reponsibility from Africa. We can give 10 trillion dollars to Africa and if they don't work out their own problems they will be on the world's welfare list forever. These are their problems to learn to work out and elect a government that doesn't rape and kill it's own people!!!!

suzyq7cars

THINK WE SHOULD AUCTION DINNER WITH ANDY BALWIN...MMM TATSY!!

Tangie

That dinner would be so fun. I'd love it!

don

After the ratings they should call it dead earth lolol what a bunch of gomers they are

.:SobeGirL:.

only 20% goes to the charity!

don

You know reiner is really a meathead

Chris

For $5000+ will they be providing enough food for both Rob Reiner and myself? I know fatboy has a tendency to get pretty hungry.

Ida Clair

8. only 20% goes to the charity!

Posted at 3:31PM on Jul 9th 2007 by .:SobeGirL:.

How do you know that?

DW

who give's a rat's tail.

JJ

WHAT MEAT HEAD THOUGHT OF THIS? I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION JUST LOOKING AT THE PHOTOS...WHAT A JOKE!

Tangie

Spinal Tap is one of the all time funniest movies ever made. All these guys are hilarious. I would kill to spend an evening with them.

5 cent

Can anyone tell me what the "Alliance for Climate Protection" actually does? I think they would be better off doing infomercials at 3 AM on Bravo.

By the way, where did all the money go for the proceeds to these concerts, TV broadcasting rights, and soon be announced Ipod cuts and DVD release? Hmmmm. Somehow I don't see it going to plant more trees in Brazil.

Love Spinal Tap.... hate this stupid meaningless concert with so called "stars" telling the rest of us how to live.

It's OK to go green. Just don't do it for these silly scare tactics and morons who think they know everything.

tba

I'm not sure why they performed at Live Earth because they can't sing and they were not funny. However, I enjoyed their movie of a hundred years ago.

Whippet Good

It's like a pastel black...

Maggie

If I wasn't in grad school I would so bet on this auction. This is Spinal Tap was a great movie and I absolutely adore Christopher Guest. These men are pop culture icons and well worth $5,000 to have dinner with. But then again, only people who find Spinal Tap funny would see the value and honor of such a dinner.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments