Ty Takes On Radio Taunter: I'm No "Jackass!"

7/10/2007 10:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DUI, shmee-U-I. Nothing's gonna stop Ty Pennington from getting his party on ... especially not a radio interview.
Click to hear!
Sources tell TMZ that the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host showed much love for the fine watering holes of Billings, Montana a few weeks ago. The good news -- we also have confirmation that he wasn't driving. Ty's just over one month past a no contest plea for DUI. Pennington was in Big Sky country to shoot an episode of the ABC tearjerker. And while Ty made time for happy hour, a morning show DJ told his listeners that Ty had no time for local interviewers.

Big J (KRSQ 101.9) lured the spikey-haired handyman to the phone by putting him on blast, and pissing off Pennington so much, that he eventually called in to confront the jock (c'mon Ty that's the oldest one in the book). Jay made a crack about Ty using a spray bottle to fake sweat for the cameras, and IT WAS ON!

Check out the audio.

Kiannnna Babyyyy

yea i live here in Billings and heard the radio thing and this is no big surprise because my man Big J is a total awesome jackass and he loves pissinggg EVERYONEEE off so Ty dont think you are special i mean he will flip you off even if you dont know him!!
but that makes Bigg J awesome

racer

Ty's show is complete BS. Tired of the weekly tear-jerker begging they do. yes the bottomline is that some down-on-their-luck family gets a mini-mansion out of the deal by parading their misfortune for the rest of America. of course the real facts are that 20 low-income houses could be built for the same cost. but that wouldn't get ratings from the brain-dead viewing public.

Me

Ty Pennington made a choice to drive drunk, and he's pleading no contest. The good news is that he's not driving drunk again.

Not every person who drinks is an alcoholic Not every person who frequents the watering holes is an alcoholic. Not every person who frequents the watering holes in Billings, Montana while there on a job is an alcoholic. It will remain to be seen whether he is or isn't, but the bottom line is that right now, he has every right as an adult to frequent bars and drink. But no one has a right to DRINK AND DRIVE. He's learned his lesson on that one, I think.

I'm glad he called in and confronted the DJ. Now if he would have only asked the DJ to say, "Big Jay, you are a jackass," my day would have been made.

April

Ty Pennington IS a jackass

Zenophobe Alien

I still like ty

J Money

Big J is the man. What a dbag ty is

getting tired of crap

Racer, please note there are two people posting using that name. The other is a child who is not taking his medication. He'll soon be using your name just to start some crap. He's also the one who goes around posting the first crap. Just ignore him, school will be back in session soon.

angela

i'm a ty fan......met him and got a pic. yay. this is no ty-rade....he was defending himself. no biggie. not even news worthy.

getting tired of crap

The difference between myself and the boy child is that I can push his buttons any time and get a reaction. He can't push mine. which is why I laugh at him. I notice he's multiple posting a lot this morning. He must have borrowed mommy's laptop to go with the desktop.

doinou

Leave Ty alone. He's doing good things.

Me

Oops...I meant while they're on a job.

Paul

Another useless idiot.

Switch

i had no idea he was an alchy and a coke head till i heard the story break out... i'm really suprised how little air time this has gotten tho.
all makes sense how he's such a crazy freak on the show. even back on Trading Places. he's all doped up. but as such the "Christian thing to do" for the tv show is sweep this story under the rug cause "we" wouldn't want the pretty families who glue their eyes to extreme make over on sundays nights and go " there's the guy on drugs"

too much ?

Jim

If anyone cares.. TY was at the watering holes trying to drum up support / donations for the project. I'm from Billings and the town was a little less than generous when it came to making donations for the project.

WOW.. I don't understand why this is such Scandalous News! EEEK!

Gigi

I JUST LOVE HOME-MAKEVER AND I LOVE TY AND ALL THE OTHERS. I THINK THEY ARE GREAT THE ENTIRE TEAM. SO HE GOT A DUI, HE WAS MAN ENOUGH TO SAY HE WAS DEEPLY SORRY AND IT WAS SOMETHING HE WOULDN'T EVER DO AGAIN.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE CRYING ON THE SHOW? IS IT HUMAN EMOTIONS THAT GET TO PEOPLE? THATS THE PROBLEM NOW A DAYS, PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR LIFE,LOVE OR RESPECT.
KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING TY,I JUST LOVE YA AND LOVE THE SHOW AND THE OTHERS.
GOD BLESS FOR MAKING DREAMS BECOME A REALITY AND KEEP THOSE TEARS COMING ALL OF YOU,IT SHOWS YOU'VE GOT A HEART.
MAKEOVER MAKES MY SUNDAY'S!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments