Photog Brutally Attacked Outside ESPY Afterparty

7/12/2007 12:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Panic and violence erupted on the streets of Hollywood last night after a brutal late night attack left a celeb photographer unconscious and convulsing outside of an ESPY Awards after party.

The fight began after two random jerks decided to act as Rumer Willis' bodyguards as she made her way out of Skybar and then allegedly got violent with paparazzi. According to witnesses on scene, one of the men allegedly tripped a photographer who was attempting to take pix of the star. As the stunned shutterbug got up and tried to identify the culprit, we're told another friend of the wannabe-bodyguards grabbed the photog by the head and slammed him to the ground head first, knocking him out and causing convulsions.

TMZ cameras caught sound of the attack and the immediate aftermath. You see another photog got nuts on the evildoers with his fists. Cops arrived shortly after and the man who allegedly slammed the photog to the ground were arrested.

The snapper was rushed to a hospital, where he was treated for three cracked ribs, a possibly dislocated shoulder and a concussion.

Hol Doll

Having famous parents doesn't make you a star - especially when you look like sloth from the goonies. I feel bad for the photog. They are just doing what celebs want them to - take their pictures. Without them people like Rumor would be completely unknown except for name. Sucks that someone is on the ground convulsing and everyone else is still about fighting. Way to take care of your own guys!

timm

One for the good guys!! F*** the paps!!!!!!

susan

What makes Rumor Willis a "Star" or a "Celebrity"? I guess if they can make any kind of money of you then that would make you famous, right?

The Beatniks!

Bunch of animals. I feel bad for the guy I wouldn't want this to happen to anybody. As for the racists that normally frequent this blog.....there you have it honeys! Proof that animals come in all colors.

Rich

Bout time! Now leave people alone for 5 freakin minutes!

Lainey

Huh? How is Rumor a star? What has she done? As far as calling someone unattractive, she's someone's daughter, their pride and joy so I lay off comments on that. Just confused why TMZ would call her a star, what for being born from stars? Did she tell these guys to be her bodyguards, thats' what I would like to know. Please can all these stupid 20 yr olds find something better to do than party. Some actually take the high road and work for a living and go home.

Haha suckers...

Throw him in jail...the guy who was fighting with everyone, not Rumer.

Seriously

I sure hope that the photographer that had the seizure is okay. For a person to be hit in the head hard enough to cause a seizure is a very serious matter. That guy deserves $$$$ compensation for his injuries and mental anguish.

I do medical editing/transcription, and have a family member who suffers from seizures. So, I have seen and heard first hand what popping someone in the head can do. It is absolutely uncalled for. Watching that video kind of made me sick to my stomach, and it made me REALLY angry........almost wish I had been there to meet out my own sort of revenge on the perps.

Go after them! And Rumor Willis is not very cute, and not worth the effort to photograph, in my opinion.

Lenn K.

Rumer Willis is now a star, will she start to get Britney treatment? Hope she doesn't wear panties. Have a nip slip. She really is hard to look at and uncomfortably visionally unappealing.

jProud American Author

Paps can be a pain, but they have a job to do. There is no excuse for this kind of violence on a reporter. I hope the perps are put in jail.

Debra

Ugh....I'm going to get in trouble for saying this. Who doesn't enjoy a nice mild fight if no one gets hurts. I like the pushing and shoving...I don't want anyone to bleed or break anything. Glad TMZ was there again.

Zenophobe Alien

Rumor is still a teenager and out there smoking and clubbing like the rest of them. She will be another Paris/LiLo/Britney

JD

Too bad they didn't kill the pap. One less privacy invading idiot walking the streets with his SLR.

nikmm

He deserved it!! Get a real job.

To CosaMesaboy

OK - so admittedly I didn't watch the video because I don't have the ability to do so at work, but from the description TMZ is giving people shouldn't blame Rumer, it was the idiot guys she was with that did it. That poor photographer, he was just trying to do his job.