Fat Joe Squad Member Charged with Attempted Murder

7/15/2007 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Remy MaRemy Ma -- a member of Fat Joe's Terror Squad -- turned herself in yesterday for attempted murder. Ma, who was nominated for a Grammy with Fat Joe in 2004 for his the hit, "Lean Back," allegedly shot friend Makeda Barnes-Joseph twice in the abdomen at close range on Friday night, reports the Daily News.

The incident seems to have arisen over missing money. Ma was out celebrating a friend's birthday with longtime pal Barnes-Joseph, when she noticed cash missing from her wallet. Cops believe Ma accused Barnes-Joseph of taking the cash and then shot her in revenge.

Immediately after the shooting, Ma fled the scene by car, but crashed into another auto only a few blocks away from the shooting. She then jumped out of her car and took a taxi.

A few hours later Ma turned herself in to police, accompanied by her lawyer. She's being charged with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

UPDATE:

Below is a sketch of Ma from her arraignment.

celebrity.web.net

i LOVE murders~! awesome

rob

It was 6 dollars

Get a Clue

Geez, remind me never to borrow a few bucks from this chick.

lindsay

She is whacked!!!!, loser

robby in the know

six dollars is a lot of money to a street ho

Lanie

I saw this on another website and people were making comments under it--- People were congratulating her.. saying the girl deserved it... and ragging people for "being snitches" and telling on Remy.

This chick is a piece of trash and should be put in jail for a long time. She is lucky the girl didn't die! Why are people defending her?

Kellie

WHAT A LOSER!!! I TRULY HOPE SHE SITS 4 A VERY LONG, LONG TIME 4 DOING WHAT SHE DID!!

SHE PROBABLY GOT PISS ASS DRUNK, BOUGHT SOME DRUGS, DIDNT REMEMBER AND BLAMED IT ON HER SUPPOSED GOOD FRIEND.

NOW FACE JUSTICE "RETARTED MA"!!!!!!! YOU D E S E R V E IT!!

LAME

wHOopsie!

Me

She is making us look bad. She is a stupid little girl. Coming from the hood, I dont believe in that no snitching non-sense. She is stupid as hell for trying to kill somebody over a couple of dollars. I dont think anybody needs to congradulate her for doing this. Whoever does is just as ignorant and dumb as she is. I hope she gets some time, and realizes that killing somebody isn't the answer.

She looks like a pitbull in a dress! Her career was done anyway if you ever considered it anything special...

Lanie

Someone call PETA!!!

What's the dead squirrel doing on her head?

Girlfriend obviously was doing so well if she is wearing that nastiness on top of her head! Looks like a $5 weave from the flea mart.

She's a loser and needs to go to jail! Preferably for life so nobody has to look at that hot mess again!

ohnoudient

What a stupid girl. Reminds me of Foxy fighting a manicurist over a $20 bill. With all her connections, she should have just dropped the bitch from her posse and kept it moving. What a stupid broad. She already has the street cred. What a stupid broad. Gees

DzDawg

Where's the Rev Al when you need him? This is clearly racially motivated.

LAME

Not once but twice? I guess 23 days is out of the question!

DzDawg

If it is true it was only $6 then can someone tell me how stupid she is? You see when you shoot someone you have to get a lawyer and go to court possibly go to jail.... all that could cost her a TON of money. She is either brain dead from drugs or .... yeah that's gotta be it..... she's brain dead from drugs. By the stupid look on her face in that photo I would say she needs rehab for dummies.

J Byrd

I'M NOT RACIST BUT WHY DO %99 OF ALL BLACKS WANT TO BE THUGS, GANGSTAS AND RAPPERS? I NEVER HEAR A BLACK SAYING ANYTHING POSITIVE, BUT I HEAR PLENTY OF BLACKS USING THE N WORD AND ACTING LIKE A PIMP. I DONT WANT MY KIDS NEAR BLACK PEOPLE.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments