Mel Gibson: Costa Rica Loco!

7/16/2007 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Actor/director/hater Mel Gibson, 51, was photographed in a bar in Nicoya, Costa Rica -- looking like he was having a swell time with the local chicas. Salud!

Mel has purchased a multi-million dollar mansion in C.R., and he was welcomed by President Oscar Arias. Mr. Gibson is said to be planning charitable contributions to the natives.

Gibson was arrested last July on suspicion of drunk driving and went on an anti-semitic tirade.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

lindagrafix

I don't drink at all and I cannot tell you how many pictures I have taken looking like Mel looks in this picture. I Love Mel Gibson. I think it's time to leave him alone. Stop trying to make people hate on Mel. Get over it and move on.

anonymous

I am disappointed in Mel Gibson. I thought he will be my favorite actor--and now he is not anymore. Only movie I liked he played on "The Patriot" and he did very well.

Plobes

Everyone talking about how ugly those Costa Rican women are is a jerko. Most of them look perfectly fine...pretty even. Why do you assume they're whores, you WHORES!!!!!!

KRISTI THE LAWYER

I LOOK LIKE THAT TOO WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND I DONT DRINK FOR NOTHING

Sues

Hey #61 - Screwed - Just what the h*ll are you talking about? Oh and btw - I know my geneology - and so do you and most of America. And I KNOW you'd freak out!

Also, if you're going to write something in response to someone's comments - try and make sense.

MENUDAS

it's probably the humidity making him look tired, or bad photoshop lighting on his face.
don't think he's drunk at all, but then again who knows?

El Guapo

TMZ correctly files this story under "Train Wreck". Gibson is nothing more than a cheap drunk who now has to go to CR to try to hide his debauchery...LOL

"Go for it Mel, but remember, some of us are on to you"......EG

kris

Looks like he found the Hotel Del Rey... LOL

joe

NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE SUCCESS OR DOES IT?

JEAN

TO #227 HQW DO YOU KNOW HE IS A CHEAP DRUNK???????MAYBE YOU ARE ONE????

JEAN

BY THE WAY I THINK HE IS GREAT AND GOOD LOOKING.HE DID MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE ALL THE REST OF US.

Delma Wilson

MEL PLEASE WALK THE "WALK OF ST.JAMES THE APOSTLE" NORTHERN COAST OF SPAIN ,NO ENTOURAGE, THEN MAKE A MOTION PICTURE THAT ONLY YOU CAN MAKE.

William O"Leary

Mel is apologetic and sorry for his drunken verbal insults toward Jewry but Abe Foxman and other A.D.L. members have never apologized for their decades long anti-Christian bigotry,; especially anti-Catholic/pope slander and libel. Who is the " real " bigoted hate monger between them ?

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16