Michael Vick

Busted for Illegal Dogfighting

7/17/2007 7:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0717_michael_vick_bn_getty-1It's dog days for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and others, after being indicted today on federal charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick was charged with illegal competitive dogfighting, which involves training pit bulls to fight against other dogs. When authorities searched Vick's property this month, they found 54 pit bulls and a host of brutal items including a "rape stand," used to hold dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified for dogs and a bloodied piece of carpeting.

Graves of seven pit bulls were found inside "Bad Newz Kennels," a Virginia property owned by Vick. The dogs were allegedly killed after testing whether they would be good fighters. According to documents, dogfights would end when one dog died or backed down, and dogs were sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gunshot, electrocution or some other method.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfights in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

Elle

Six months ago I lost a beloved member of my family. Buster was a friend, guardian, and companion,as well as a gifted comedian. I loved him dearly. Buster , a Lab mix, was beautiful, funny, and sensitive. That someone could cruelly and caullously breed his brethren for disposable entertainment is anathema to me. I am trying to be fair to Mr. Vick despite the media coverage of this issue that has been ongoing for months.

I know that I am just one person, but I PROMISE the Falcons, the NFL, SportsIllustrated (to whom I subscribe), Nike, and anyone else who has ever promoted him, that if you continue to support Vick, you will not get one more cent from me.

Mary

Michael Vick is an un-evolved savage. A violent, sub-human barbarian. There is no human soul in him. I wish he could feel all the pain he has inflicted. I hope that when he meets his maker, he will.

Mary

Elle, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how painful that is.

Rest in peace, Buster.

Gissele

lipstick:

When did you drop out of middle school? or was it elememntary school? It's evident that you've been away from people who actually use their brain for a very long time.

and when did you start using drugs and which ones are you using right now?

you need SERIOUS HELP AND YOU ARE A MENACE NOT ONLY TO DOGS BUT ALL LIVING BEINGS!

YOU BELONG IN JAIL ALONG WITH "SICK"

I HOPE YOU GET GET THE HELP YOU NEED!

homegirl101

lipstick is a troll,
They treated Pete Rose far worse, for a lesser crime, it is a barbaric , it's an insult to humanity, to allow him on the field, Falcon's will reap the benefits of the jeering crowd, and hopefully so. Maybe then they will suspend his ass,Guilty till proven innocent here...too many factors stacked against him,
To the comics ...commenting..to give him his day in court..leave it to the courts,why?? So we can have another OJ on the streets?? Too bad, if you can't handle the public outcry regarding your disturbing, vile actions then you should not have put yourself into that
Vick the Hitler of Animals situation!!

lee

who would believe Emmitt Smith sticking behind Vick ?
Vick has been in continual trouble. Vick needs to be held accountable period.
They will have such a money trail on him that he has to be the most egotistical creep not to go before the world and beg for his low life. Any one who can justify Vicks behavior can hold his hand to hell. How many graphic details do you need to see before youll say well maybe Vicks is sick. Keep the pressure on all media to show the world just how sick Vick is.

Ronald

Michael Vick needs to be suspended as soon as possible. I can not believe the Falcons and the NFL have not already suspended him!

Please visit http://www.suspendmichaelvick.net and sign the petition to have him suspended.

teewalk

people kill cows , chicken, pigs and we eat them...for example hamburgers,steak, pork chops, fried chicken...so i guess whoever kills any animal should burn in hell too.....dont say it's different ...it's still murdering an animal and unless some of you posting these comments are vegeterians.... you're guilty of eating a murdered animal that some red neck farmer killed and tourted to sell .... my point remains the same stop pre-judging which is the same as "prejudice"....and thats where race comes into play because it is my personal belief that god is the only judge and most of you passing judgement on this young man in a negative way are doing so out of hatered for minorities as a whole ......not because you are sooooooo upset at what he "supposedly" has done..... .... its sad because we all will have our day to be judged and what will be your excuse for the bad things you have done..... who made these laws man not god so please stop making hateful comments about vick needing to die and all of that stupidity because you never know who will be there to drive that nail in your coffin ........unless you're god almighty...... shut up and wait for the conclusion ..........peace again and god bless......:))))))))

homegirl101

I have kissed my Molly girl " American Bull (PIT BULL) boxer mix." .fifty times a day....since this happened...She is just so sweet..TRULY... I tear up just looking at my dog, HOW can anyone be so cruel...and sleep at night...or kiss their children...behold the same heart ...that abuses an animal...it's beyond me....He is guilty in the eyes of his peers...A trial won't change that verdict......where on this planet would he get a fair trial!! No where..thanks to the media...serves him right...He should admit his guilt...save the taxpayers $$$ the cost for a trial...better yet... make him pay for his own frikken trial..too.(wishful thinking is all)

Jo

This isn't about race, it's about evil. Anyone trying to make this about race is missing the point. they are deluding themselves.

Evil comes in black and white. Don't judge OR defend Vick because he's black. Look at his actions. And his actions are evil.

It's sad and such a waste. I hoped for more from him. But he has shown his true character and now he has to pay for his wicked choices. He did this to himself. It's nobody's fault but his.

Shar

Right on noitall and homegirl 101!! Your articulate and dead on the money posts should be copied and pasted repeatedly for the ignorant dumb azzes like jj, vickfan4life and any other stupid idiot using "the racist" card.

There ARE plenty of great black role models in this world! Let's get rid of the egotistical, fear based "street thug" & "gangsta" mentality that glamourizes violence, irresponsibility and exploitation of women and children! Let's keep the pressure on by putting and KEEPING the bright light of "truth" on these frightened, little men and their selfish "activities". THERE IS NOTHING LIKE RIGHTOUS INDIGNATION! On behalf of my pets and the love of TRUTH AND WHAT'S RIGHT, Michael Vick, you are now being forced to your murderous knees.

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

homegirl101

Posted at 3:12PM on Jul 22nd 2007 by teewalk

Aren't you judging? What is a redneck? Are you stereotyping, or are you a hypocrite racist yourself? Have you aware of biblical laws and sacrificing. animals..as part of a covenant with GOD..Did your God condemn those people as well? It's clear you know nothing preacher. You are out of line, a worm a troll, trouble maker,you have been judged...

you are unlettered...and stupid...get back in school..or get to church..go to another sight no Vick fans here..

homegirl101

teewalk
your God will show favor on you for defending what is clearly evil according to law.
YET frown on all others (just for passing judgement )
Especially when you know it is wrong , not only illegal by our Laws, but a commandment by your God !
you are truly a mess,

amanda

This isn't about Race or money, it's about the horrible things these people are doing to these dogs! As a pit owner myself it's sad to know that so many people are afraid of these dogs simply because the reputation put on them because of stupidity on their owner's part! I saw a video clip recently of John Mayer just after a show in Denver admitting to a dog fight going on while he performed, his dog got out and hurt people...bad!! If Celebs get away with it what is that saying to the rest of the general public? It's not ok and and Even the people with money need to be held responsible for these sick acts towards animals! It's not the breed it's the owners who abuse their rights to have these dogs!!

homegirl101

guns don't kill people....people kill people, dogs aren't born killers Mike Vicks train them to be killers . That gun and that man should meet between the eyes...

Previous 15 Comments | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments