Oprah's Got a Crush on Obama!

7/17/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has a crush on ObamaChat empress Oprah Winfrey put rumors to rest that she might be running for president -- by instead throwing her hefty support behind democratic candidate Barack Obama. Lucky Obama will benefit from an Oprah-fied fundraiser to be held at the daytime diva's massive Santa Barbara mansion this September, reports today's L.A. Times.

Those thinking of attending should start saving now: Getting in the door will cost $2,300 -- that's the maximum individual contribution for primary season. Collected contributions of $25,000 or more will score you access to a VIP reception, and a donation of $50,000 or more will garner a seat at a private VIP dinner with the possible next president.

Think Isaiah Washington, who has also thrown his support behind Barack, was invited? Doubtful!

Zenophobe Alien

I hear she is getting her Ego on and Obama is a way of getting out there without having to look arrogant and political

Tootsie

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT OPRAH HAS A HUGE CRUSH ON BARACK OBAMA. EVERYONE.

ON OPRAH'S SHOW RECENTLY SHE PRACTICALLY DROOLED WHILE INTERVIEWING HIM THEN PLASTERED A "FAKE" SMILE WHEN HIS WIFE CAME OUT.

OPRAH DOES LOOK A LITTLE BETTER THAN BARACK'S WIFE BUT HIS WIFE IS ALSO A LAWYER. (MAYBE A STEP UP FROM OPRAH).

ANYHOW, OPRAH'S CRUSH ON BARACK OBAMA IS CERTAINLY NOT A SECRET.

BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT !! AND OPRAH THE NEXT FIRST LADY ??!!!!

Zenophobe Alien

Obama can't even give a speech without notes. He is a political lightweight with no experience. Hillary hates him. Can't you tell? He is stealing her thunder and that kills her big ego. She used to get all the Celebs and now she has competition.

annab

it is a wasted effort. he will NEVER win after playing the race card. that was a bad move.

he promised O that if he decided to run, he would announce it on her show. HE DIDN'T. he just kissed her butt, then blew her off. she should do the same to him.

monique

There's no crush. It's simply pride at finally seeing a black man who is a true contender with amazing fund-raising ability.

Zenophobe Alien

I have heard he is a closet muslim just waiting to get elected and then take over the country and declare sharia law. Can you see Oprah with a towel on her head?

Playne Jayne

What's not to like about Obama? Oprah is not the only one crushing on him, hell I lean more Republican but I would be proud to have him as my president.

I loved the fact on fathers day he spoke to a church communtiy about how Young Men need to step up and be Real Fathers and not just sperm doners...

At least Obama just smokes...
Hillary doesn't smoke but just blows smoke up people's @sses.

Jaded

Anyone surprised that she's backing Obama? Let's have a show of hands. Didn't think so.

Have you watched her show lately? Over the years she has gone from someone who I thought was down to earth to someone who is a cross between a preacher and an arrogant elitest.

I know fortune and fame can go to someone's head...but I think it has reached maximum density. She tells you which books to read, who to vote for, what to do in any situation. Her opinions are gospel now.

The majority of people in this country are just sheep. I call them sheepel.

Tootsie

#17 Race has nothing to do with this.

Remember Barack Obama is both Black and White. So shut-up with the hint of race playing a role. If anything his race represents most of us -- Black & White.

Logan Dren

#14 you is sooooo right. Hillary hates Obama, Thats one of the reasons she was caught making deals with Edwards. Edwards knows he hasn't got a chance in hell, he's hoping if he helps hillary she will pick him as Vice. It's all dirty politics, at least Obama tells it like it is and votes his feelings not the polls. I have to rethink my opinion of Ophra now. I am republican Voting Obama all the way

chakamomSI,NY

Dear "butt" of course
No, not all African Americans are voting for Barack Obama. As an African American and more importantly an American, I take great offense to your statement and its implications. Conrtrary to the belief of the racially ignorant, not all African Americans shirk their political responsibility or vote black by default. I, as one of the politically responsible plan to seriously scrutinize all of the candidates and their platforms in hopes of making the BEST decison for myself, my children and my country. Hopefully you will do the same!!!!!!!!!

Zenophobe Alien

#23 do you see a white man when you look at Obama? Hell no. A white woman can have a black child but a black woman can't have a white child. He is black!

perceptive

These two should leave for another country and stay. They are both highly over-rated.

SayWhat!

Hell, I'd take Pee Wee Herman over Hillary, Any day! The Clinton's make my @$$ want to suck a lemon.

Angelmom in Daphne, Alabama is a free loading, welfare Skank!

alex

go figure. Of course that ho would vote for him.