Oprah's Got a Crush on Obama!

7/17/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has a crush on ObamaChat empress Oprah Winfrey put rumors to rest that she might be running for president -- by instead throwing her hefty support behind democratic candidate Barack Obama. Lucky Obama will benefit from an Oprah-fied fundraiser to be held at the daytime diva's massive Santa Barbara mansion this September, reports today's L.A. Times.

Those thinking of attending should start saving now: Getting in the door will cost $2,300 -- that's the maximum individual contribution for primary season. Collected contributions of $25,000 or more will score you access to a VIP reception, and a donation of $50,000 or more will garner a seat at a private VIP dinner with the possible next president.

Think Isaiah Washington, who has also thrown his support behind Barack, was invited? Doubtful!

perceptive

16. I have heard he is a closet muslim just waiting to get elected and then take over the country and declare sharia law. Can you see Oprah with a towel on her head?

Posted at 1:33PM on Jul 17th 2007 by Ready for 08
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. 16, I agree with you. From all the information I've seen, I also think he's a closet muslim.

Tootsie

#24 YOUR IGNORANT -- PERHAPS YOU'RE EVEN A HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT BASED ON YOUR INCOHERENT POSTING.

ANYHOW, THOSE THAT CLAIM THAT "THEY DON'T CONSIDER RACE IMPORTANT, BUT OTHERS DO."

DO US ALL A FAVOR AND QUIET-UP. THE RACE PROBLEM ISN'T OTHERS, IT IS IN FACT YOURS -- THAT'S WHY YOU CONTINUE TO BRING IT UP !!

QUIET-UP, RACISTS !

Zenophobe Alien

Just cause his momma is white does not make him white. He is black!

PHilton

Stop editing out my comments TMZ, now we know who you are voting for you asses

Alicia

I wish ALL celebrities would back off with endorsing a candidate. Look how everyone acts about Oprah and her opinion. Since when did she become the expert on everything. Give me a break. I know she's done good things in the past, but I'm still ticked that she went to AFRICA to help those children with getting an education when there are children here in the USA that could've benefitted. She could've helped out MORE with all the hurricane Katrina victims. Sorry--I'm off my soapbox now.

Sadly, there are people in the US who look at which celebrity endorses who and will base their vote on others' opinions instead of using their own brains to see which person is the better candidate. If you ask me we need the category of NONE OF THE ABOVE and if that choice wins we should START OVER with completely new candidates to choose from.

God help us all come election time.

chillout music girl

TMZ someone is really trying to add hype to this story..there really isn't a story here at all.
Oprah has a right to throw a party for any political canidate that she chooses..
Alot of people support barrack.......back off tmz..

This is really in bad taste...

fussi

What's the surprise here? Oprah and her eleven toes are certainly going to vote for him. The only black that I know who won't is me.

I'm also the only black who admits that OJ is guilty of murder. Twice.

My family would vote for ANY black. No matter how stupid. That's what our community does. That's why our community is being outnumbered by Hispanics.

Zenophobe Alien

We are all racist and it makes no difference what color or creed we are. Don't tell me to speak for myself either. Look inside people

perceptive

I'm proud to be called a racist. At least I work, pay my taxes, and don't live off welfare and the taxpayers of the USA, and I know who is the father of my child.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

There is something about Obama that I like. I need to read his book but, so far, I like what I see. And, for what it's worth, I 'm a white woman over 40. I'd rather eat slugs than vote for Hillary Clinton. I don't want that twosome back in the White House.

Maddy

I can see Oprah's followers now-lining up to vote for who Oprah says is the best choice. The color of Obama's skin means nothing to me, but his lack of experience does. He is not ready. I would also vote for a woman, but never for Hillary. Never.

Joshua

And since Ms. Maya endorsed Hillary, she 's not likely to be there. What is Oprah going to do, since the woman she idolizes is obviously more proud of a woman running for president than a black (see Maya's endorsement on Hillary's website)?

monique

Racist, I'm sure Obama's children know who their father is. He's very well educated and successful, just like their mother. I'll bet you can't say the same.

BiGBallin

Oprah votes for color over substance.

Zenophobe Alien