"Survivor" Champ Spits Venom at Snake Eater

7/18/2007 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jenna Morasca -- the winner of "Survivor: Amazon" -- is biting the CBS hand that fed her, after a wannabe contestant skinned and bit into a live snake during auditions for the next "Survivor. " Jenna screamed for cops to throw the snake-chomper in the slammer!

Morasca, through The Humane Society, thrashed "Survivor," saying that it's "billed as a reality show, but sadly, cruelty to animals is a reality that occurs every day. I hope local authorities fully investigate this case, and I hope the man who did this gets to experience the reality of jail time."

The Bakersfield Californian first reported that a man from Tehachapi skinned and ate a live snake for his audition, and gave his name only as Rusty Shackleford, a common pseudonym used on "King of the Hill."

"Survivor" has been littered with live animals killed and eaten, including a live chicken in "Survivor: Vanuatu," and a wild pig hunted and killed in the "Australian Outback" edition.

Wondering

So what kind of snake was it?

rig

wow!!!!!!!!

Rachel

If it's the show I saw, it was a blk/wht poisonous water snake. It was minding it's own business when he killed it. He said " He didn't want to take a chance ".

andrew

if the tree hugging dog kissers had thier way we would all be eating tofu and and dancing to the earth mother with pastel dresses

Debbie

It was a rattle snake, it happened at the auditions in Bakersfield this past Saturday. If you go to bakersfield.com, you can see a short clip from the audition.

The Goggler

Jeez Whitney

How sensitive are you?

amazing you cant see Andrew's point in the slightest.

You must eat Tofu and hug trees to have such a snippy little comeback like that.

He's right, everyone is too damn sensitive, thats what his point was.

And you reaffirmed it by whining about him calling out all those overly sensitive babies.

you even dropped the F-Bomb.

I bet your Yoga class loved the story when you told them

"I totally got this meat eater back today in a reply to a blog posting"

here's a question for you.

do you have an leather shoes???

I thought so...

notfamous...yet

What a pathetic attempt to get some press...but TMZ printed so I guess it worked

maxii

DIDN,T SHE GET NAKED FOR FOOD CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG?

jenny

I just think its wrong. Was there a real reason to kill the snake? Was anybody in grave danger? If so, then by all means its not a problem but if not, then it morally wrong. That's my opinion.

Meatetarian

A "live" chicken, pig, and snake killed and then eaten??? OH THE HORROR! *rolling eyes*