Taylor Hicks' Auto-bore-ography

7/18/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought Taylor Hicks' music was boring -- wait 'til you read his autobiography! Snore Patrol!
Taylor HIcks
The 30-year-old Season 5 "American Idol" "winner" has just released his "inspirational memoir" called "Heart Full of Soul." Zzzzzzzzz.

In addition to covering his lackluster post-"Idol" career, the 272-page lullaby mentions how Hicks realized "Eminem has it right: when you only have one shot, you'd better lose yourself in the music." Mission accomplished Taylor -- you lost it alright!

NewYorkBaby

Taylor did not write that book. It was written by a ghost writer. I really don't see anybody buying this book other than the Soul Patrol and the Soul Patrol is really just a small group of people now, compared to last year when he had the most momentum going for him. Without a hit song to his name, many people are bored and have moved on. Hope he has better luck on his next CD, otherwise it will really be over for him.

Betty

Bella I agree, I thought Taylor was amusing on AI but I expected more from his Cd and the book is ok if you are interested in him. To a non fan I think it would be boring. I don't understand why his fans are so hostile. It is unrealistic and silly to think everyone will like Taylor and to think no one should write their honest opinions about him. People have the freedom to NOT like him and to voice their thoughts about his work.

Donna

The Soul Patrol is alive and well; and not a small group of people.

Some may say we're just a bunch of soccer moms. I say, so? Speaking as a soccer mom, some of us are still pretty young and sexy.

Oh, and we've got money.

soulforever

Nothing adds more credibility to a review than comments by people who haven't read the book or seen him live in concert. Taylor is the most amazing talent to come along in 20+ years. His book is not supposed to be "War and Peace" but it is a true account of his struggles and life experiences that have brought him to this point in his life.

He did not use a ghost writer. Taylor has been journaling for years and this is his account of his life....no one else's.

As for the Soul Patrol....we are growing everyday and Taylor will be around long after some others after lost their appeal.

....hmmmm

Taylor who???? oh yeah...and what's her name...the runner up....yeah..america got that one wrong...just like this year! Chris Doughtry is laughing at everyone...talk about a career! This guy can't even come close, granted he does seem like a nice guy but he doesn't have the writing skills or chops Chris does. Another year or two and people will go Taylor who???? from where????

Kay

Give the guy a break! He won Season 5 and he is a great entertainer. Lots of people care about him and enjoy reading about his life. Many who post negative comments are just jealous that he could turn his life into what it has become - a dream come true. They should be so lucky.

Grow up!

I enjoy Taylor and his music. He is a true American Idol. Many who competed against him grew up with money and advantages; Taylor worked his way up and earned his time in the spotlight.

vilaura

I haven't seen or heard anything about this guy since he won AI and I had forgotten all about him. He was never my favorite but obviously he did have fans. It cracks me up how the moment TMZ runs a story on him his remaining fans come running to say how great and talented he is. Like you can convert everyone to being a fan cause you say how wonderful he is. I guess they have dreams he's still going to make it big.

According to what the one fan posted he's busy playing casinos and fairs. Yup, the big time is just around the corner...

mandm

OMG!!!Why so much Taylor hate?Leave the guy alone already.What is your point in demeaning this guy?He is doing what he has always wanted to do and you guys are knocking him for that?So what if you don't like him and unless you really follow his career so far, you wouldn't have the slightest inclination how well he really is doing.CD sales obviously are the only contributing factor to success in some people's eyes.His book is a great read and he is the ulitimate performer.

Paulette

Tay-Tay not ok - you have a definite problem & need help.
As for Taylor, unless you have read the book and/or seen him in concert, you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a reason he was never in the bottom 3 during AI Season 5. As for Daughtry, I have heard his songs. He used one melody & just changed the words. Nothing unique there. I haven't heard much about him since his CD came out. Seems to me he wore out his welcome.
As for TMZ, you are just as boring as you say the book is.

Taylorized4Life

#129, if you haven't heard much from Daughtry, then you must be living under a rock, and are like most Taylor Hicks fans, who would never even bother looking at the music charts because you KNOW you'll NEVER find Taylor there again. He had his one second of fame long ago, and it's over now. And btw, you couldn't pay me enough to go and sit through one of Taylor's concerts.

To #26

I've read the book and have to disagree with the article -- Taylor's book is sad and funny at the same time and really gives us a good idea about who Taylor is. I encourage people to actually read it before they criticize. You go, Taylor!!!!

Dale

I've had a great idea. If you don't like Taylor Hicks, then DON'T watch him!!!

If you do not like his music, then DON'T listen to him. How simple that was. Save some of this anger or jealousy and put that effort toward something worth while: the enviroment, soldiers overseas, or just your own life.

Life is too short to spend all ths time and energy hating.

Dale (the Golden Rule Lady)

Lisa

I THINK HIS BOOK WAS GOOD. I ALSO BROUGHT HIS AUTOBOOK. I AM A BIG FAN OF TAYLOR HICKS. I BEEN TO 2 OF CONCERTS AND THEY WERE GREAT. HE IS VERY TALENTED. LOOKING FORWARD TO MANY MORE. I WANT TO GO TO AS MANY CONCERTS AS I CAN AND GET TO MEET WITH HIM EVENTUALLY.
YOUR BIG FAN LISA

austincutie1

We just ran into Taylor Hicks in Austin, at Jo's on 2nd street. He was having lunch around 2pm will a really pretty, short-haired blonde. They were smooching the whole time. Nobody recognized him with his ball cap on. We sat right next to him and got some candids with our camera phone. Seemed happy...

Tee

There are reports that Taylor hicks was rude to the staff of the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin this past weekend. Normally I would not have believed that but I saw him in action at his book signing in San Marcos. He was very removed from his supporters and he didn't interact with them at all. It seemed more like an obligation rather than an opportunity. The books were $25 per book and there were only about 70 people there. He talked to his PR guy the entire time and ignored the people he was signing books for. Several fans left discouraged and there are those followers who support Taylor no matter what he does. He might be nice overall... but this weekend..he wasn't friendly. No one invaded his space or gave him any reason to be disrespectful. Karma is a biatch Mr. Hicks. I hope you know how much it sucked seeing you disappoint so many this weekend. I'll support you after you take some lessons in customer service.