Taylor Hicks' Auto-bore-ography

7/18/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought Taylor Hicks' music was boring -- wait 'til you read his autobiography! Snore Patrol!
Taylor HIcks
The 30-year-old Season 5 "American Idol" "winner" has just released his "inspirational memoir" called "Heart Full of Soul." Zzzzzzzzz.

In addition to covering his lackluster post-"Idol" career, the 272-page lullaby mentions how Hicks realized "Eminem has it right: when you only have one shot, you'd better lose yourself in the music." Mission accomplished Taylor -- you lost it alright!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Dorothy Snarker

Wow, Austincutie, Taylor must be seeing another short-haired blonde or his girlfriend Caroline must get a lot of time off of work. I guess she doesn't really care about having a "journalism" career afterall.

frayedknot4u

OK OK........... Every time I hear, see, or even THINK about Taylor Hicks I think......... That Frikken Howard Stern is such an ASS for his "vote for the worst" game. Hicks obviously WAS the worst and it made me not want to watch AI this year, but I got hooked because it actually had some talent that was worth watching. Jordin wasn't my pick but she was right up there so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let's just forget season 5 every happened. ok?

SANDY

TAYLOR HICKS IS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE EVER VOTED FOR. I LOVED HOW DOWN TO EARTH HE WAS AND HOW WAS SUCH A GOOD ENTERTAINER AND CROWD PLEASER, LAST WEEK I SAW HIM AND TAYLOR HAS REALLY LET STARDOM GO TO HIS HEAD, WHAT A SHAME.

TasyHat

I consider myself a pretty educated person. After reading some of your articles, i can say with certainty, I am at least as educated as you are.

This article is purely your opinion, and let's face it, you are no literary critic. Obviously, you are not a fan of Taylor Hicks. But, this is America, and you are entitled to YOUR OPINION.

And I am entitled to mine. Taylor is a talented musician, singer, and performer. His book is very interesting. Of course, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you are not interested in him, you would not be interested in reading his life story.

But thanks for the publicity, even bad publicity is good.

Gracie

Having had the opportunity to meet Taylor Hicks twice, and he was the sweetest person to my youngest daughter, those who do not know him are missing a GEM! Someone up in the messages said something about a wardrobe malfunction...? Well, I have pictures to prove he has had them! His book is awesome and gives a detailed history of things he experienced while growing up and on into this Idol days. He has come a long way and I am proud of him!

And, yes, he is only 30 (will be 31 October 7!).

RJW905

Everybody has an opinion and here is mine. Taylor Hicks is a great performer and a TRUE entertainer. I attended his recent concert in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I purchased his book and thoroghly enjoyed it. I love all the songs on his CD. I have been hooked on his style and music from the American Idol audition where he came down the hall playing the harmonica. And that was before I knew he was from my home State of Alabama. HE DESERVES ALL GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO HIM ! ! ! !

Dean Hash II

get off taylor's back. he is a genuinely nice, fun, entertaining type of guy. he is indeed truly in his early thirties. i have friends in their middle twenties with a head full of grey hair. taylor rocks and the opera isnt over until the fat lady sings baby.

j.dean hash ii

birmingham, al.

Susan

I like Taylor Hicks, have seen him in concert and read his book. He is a very talented young (yes, young) man.

Sadie

And so, where is Taylor now? Seems to me that only two of the Idol winners and a couple of others have gone on to record and gain music recognition: kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Kimberly Locke, and Kim Pickler - all women (sorry if I messed up any names). Some winners have sunk into oblivion, and I think Taylor may be one of them. I haven't heard any of his music on the radio, but the others I have. Come to think of it, I haven't heard Fantasia, either. Oh, well, ain't gonna make it if you don't have the talent....

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8