Curb Your Marriage

7/19/2007 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Laurie David has officially filed for divorce from Larry David.
Laurie David, Larry David
In the court documents, filed July 13 in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Laurie cites irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split. Larry, star of HBO's hit comedy "Curb Your Enthusiasm," and Laurie, known for her environmental activism, were married for 14 years.

The couple have 2 daughters; Cazzie, 13 and Romy, 11.

Leonard

All that matters is that Larry David has a net worth north of $500M+ as co-creator of 'Seinfeld' alone, based on the period of time that [they] were married (14 years) plus the fact that they have two biological children together, irregardless of any Prenuptial Agreemnet, Laurie David would still be allowed to 50% of all assets gennerated during the term/time that they were married. That would inclide residuals from Seinfeld as well as 50% of any + all income generated during their period of marriage, i.e. one-half of the revenue + future residuals generated from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as well. California is a community property state. Both Laurie David + Sheryl Crow sure looked pretty "chummy" on their country-wide bus tour on behalf of global warming!

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Here's a quarter - call someone who cares.

Jennie

To Ann et al: in the state of California the ONLY grounds for divorce are irreconcilable differences; it's that simple and that complicated. It doesn't matter which party files or what the real underlying reasons are. I, too, love Larry and hope all will be well with he and his children. I think Cheryl Hines is a much better match... :) I'm am waiting anxiously the new season.

Jen

COCO

To #11-Saves the Bees

Totally agree with you, my favorites shows are Curb and Fliht of the Choncords..What a great show..My favorite caracther theres is Jomeine!!! ha ha ha...

steve

damn she is gonna loot the vault, I'm not sure if they have a prenup since they married before he was so loaded

Rosie the chauvinist

It is not neanderthal to treat a woman with some consideration in a society where men still hold the power, money, and prestige. And other women are the people who give those men that power. I've seen it.

I wrote from experience and observation. Too bad if some of you haven't learned those lessons, but I have.

varrick

After she goes and spends all his money, she divorces him! Nothing more than a whoring tramp!

TW

Al Gore invented this divorce. All was fine for 14 years until non scientists invented global warming, ignoring the largest body of scientists, oism.org, that has better evidence that the liberal non-scientific spin is false.

But in defense of Al Gore, he has a successful marriage and a lovely wife despite a loss and his son's behavior. So is there hypocricy in being liberal and married? Apparently liberals think so.

Kris Peterson

He must have really trusted her to take her passed the ten-year cut-off. Now look. We're talking 1/2 here. Poor guy. Remember the "Curb" about the pubic hair in the throat? That was about the funniest show that I heve ever seen ever anywhere. He has my respect.

knowledgable1

Divorce is always a tragedy. When irreconcilably differences is used as a reason for a divorce it has no bearing on why the couple is divorcing. It is a legal standard in most states when you don't want all of your personal business out in the open for the whole world to see. The average person doesn't have to worry about people all up in their business unless they have a crazy mistress like my friend's husband had. Kelly G. Eppinger is an evil whore. She fled to California when he refused to leave his wife after 7 years. His wife filed under irreconcilable differences, too. Look out wives of L.A she is out there now looking for her next meal ticket!!!!!

kia

I agree. Love Cheryl Hines, the tv wife, much better than the real one. Larry is funny; probably a pain to be married to, but no worse than such a harpy as Laurie David became when she started with the over-the-top "one sheet of toilet paper" business with her buddy, Sheryl Crow.

huh

Even after having to pay allimony to that Inconvenient Tree Hugger, Larry David will still have enough money to make him look like George Clooney.
He's got the perfect pick up line...."I just got out of a DIVORCE" and I'm not looking to act as if I "like" take you just to take you out twice, get in your pants and never call you again.....I'm just looking to get in your pants"

Jane

I'm saddened to hear that but at least now I can ask Larry out and not feel guilty about it.

ct

does anyone know exactly why they are getting divorced?

kim

Sorry for Larry if he is sad but he is so much better off. This guy is one of my favorite tv writers and his wife (ex wife) is just a vile human being. She is a hypocritical nut job. Larry you are soooooo much better off w/out her!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments