A Tattoo Tribute to Farley

7/21/2007 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Adorable actor Andrew Caldwell looks like a mini-Chris Farley, so it's no surprise that "The Transformers" star is a leeee-tle obsessed with the late great "Saturday Night Live" star.

"For everyone that says I act and look like Chris Farley, it's the biggest compliment I could ever get," gushed Caldwell to Chris Yandek of TheSportsInterview.com. He's such a fan, in fact, Caldwell revealed, "I was doing a movie in New Orleans and I got a tattoo down in New Orleans, and my tattoo says 'a van down by the river' on my back," a reference, of course, to one of Farley's infamous SNL skits. "You are the first person I told that to. I haven't even told my parents yet. They'll be happy to hear it." joked Caldwell, who is three days shy of his 18th birthday.

maxii

and this is news because?

Cat Stevns

What a fat slob!!!!!

rachel

Umm, that's not a compliment. It's an insult.

Cat Stevns

Farly was a fat drug addicted moron who used to sweat alot on camera. What's good about that?

smilesarefree

he looks nothing like farley. get your own career kid.

joe

YOUNG MAN ITS GREAT TO HAVE ROLE MODELS AND FARLEYS ACTING ABILITY SHOULD BE NOTED. A HUGE MAN DOING THINGS ACTORS HALF HIS SIZE WOULDENT THINK OF TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH.THAT SAID YOU CAN ALSO LEARN FROM THE DARK SIDE OF HIS LIFE. THAT LESSON SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.GOOD LUCK

sara penney

Other than being fat with a thatch of blonde(? DYED??) hair covering his eyes,
he looks NOTHING like Chris Farley. Thanks for the mindless hype

He's Boring now

And Farleys hero whom he wanted to emulate most was John Belushi. Careful who you want to follow son, you could end up dead early trying to be a wannabe.

Shootingstar

Chris Farley was hysterical! It's cool to hear about an actor getting a tattoo, and a cool one at that, that represents something other than their latest f'buddy.

Mags

farley's selfdestructing eating and drugging sent him to an early grave. What a lovely role model for a teen boy! His parents must be so proud

Sean Bresnahan

I think he looks like that other fat actor. Oh, you know...what's-his-name. Really fat.

I Don't think so

Sorry, I don't see where this kid looks like Chris Farley at all. If it makes him feel better, more power to him. Chris wasn't without his faults for sure, but who is? WORST thing he ever could have done was get involved with drugs, but I'm sure many here spewing their BS have done the same. Yeah the guy was overweight, so what? Yeah, he should have never touched drugs and he should have lost weight - woulda coulda shoulda..it didn't happen. All in all, Chris Farley was one funny guy and those of us who love comedy still miss him and still are thrilled to see one of his films. He WAS blessed with a huge talent to make people laugh and these days we sure need to laugh. Like another "big" man, John Candy, Chris is sorely missed by many of us. Instead of tearing him a new butt, if you have nothing nice to say, don't bother. You are FAR from perfect yourself which gives you NO right to critisize anyone else.

Tangie

#13---are you thinking of John Candy?

Radical Free Agent

This unfortunate young man must have a publicist who is friendly with TMZ. I liked Farley too, but found it difficult to watch him self-destruct. His funniness was so darkly overshadowed by the misery all over, up, down and around him.

Using one's obesity as a sight-gag isn't funny for long.

Andrew, I know you're reading this. Get yourself on a reasonable diet, begin a daily program of walking until you've lost enough weight to graduate to big-boy workouts, and attend school. Modeling a dead comedian's sad and tragic life will not lead you to happiness and fulfillment. Ask Farley's brother if you don't believe me.

me