Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

tydan

Rest well Tammy You were a sweet lady im sorry you suffered so .

JenLyn

Good nite Tammy you were a very strong woman ...may you find peace...you DO deserve it ...and you showed me that in the darkest hour the human soul does survive for this I thankyou.....Jennifer

carlitasway

RIP Tammy :(

Kara

I loved Tammy Faye..She has died too young...She was a sweet, kind and compassionate Lady..She is for real and whoever wrote She sucks is an ass...Read her x husbands book, ""I WAS WRONG"" it explains the truth about everything...The story was fabricated by the press as usual, She was innocent and I know where she will spend ETERNITY.....Peace

ohio

dan ur an idiot

Chris

Rest In Peace Tammy! You were so great and wonderful!

symone

tammy faye i loved watching her and her husband many years, i wa truely sorry to know about her passing i prayed for her hoping she would at least have that hamburger and fries with lots of ketchup, i feel they straved her to death, even though they knew she was dying why not let her enjoy her last day having what she wanted, my heart goes out to her i will truly miss her,but im galde that jehovah has taken her out of her suffering, u are at peace now.

Andrew

May Tammy rest in everlasting peace, my love and prayers are with her family. She was an inspiration and a ray of light to millions, her love and unwavering faith is a motivation. I shall never forget her.

DLC

She was a classy lady. She truly impressed me with her generous spirit and positive thinking. She was a shining example of how you can have a strong faith, and be gracious and non judgemental to those who think and live diferently.
I'm glad her suffering is over. I hope she rest in the eternal peace she believed in so strongly.

KT

Very mature for half of you guys to rip this lady a new one w/i
24 hours of her death! That is simply rotten,disgusting, and completely deporable! She definitely messed up in her life and I realize that her and her husband wronged many people, but that's for God to judge, not all you
people who don't know her.

truth

the worms crawl in and the worms crawl out

jessica

god bless tammy

chillout music girl

# 118 Dan, tammy will not be worm dirt - she was cremated.

Again, I say - If jesus could forgive the romans as they nailed him to cross
Jesus said - Father forgive them as they know not what they do

It takes a real fool to keep posting negative things about a person who just passed over to the after life.

Tammy doesn't deserve this at all.
If you would of seen her interview ; the woman's strong faith and love of the lord jumped from the screen into anyone christian's heart.

She really impressed me in her interview with larry king.
It was painful for her at times to speak and she answered every question the viewers asked of her.

royalefish

To Post #118....worm dirt, that is sick, besides she is being cremated, so too bad for you.
As for being ripped off, well I contibuted money to PTL in the 80's and as far as I'm concerned they helped me when I needed them.
Forgive or you will be consumed by hate.

MarieM

You've done your job sweet angel, your work here on earth is complete, your childern will carry on for you. Now serve the Lord by his side. You will be missed dear Tammy.