Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

Kathyatf

You will be missed! Bless you sweet lady. Comfort to your family till they see you again with your Jesus.

Lee

Tammy Faye had such great heart and was an inspiration to anyone fighting a deadly disease. She never gave up and I really applaud that. Her spirit will live on.

Amy

RIP Tammy! Wasn't a big fan of hers until I watched the Surreal Life. The most non-judgemental, sweet, live and let live woman I've ever seen! She even struck up a friendship with Ron Jeremy! She'll be missed.

gabo

this is a tragedy. she will be missed...there was always a smile and something positive coming out of her mouth...so uncommon in our world today. rip, tammy faye. i know i will miss you.

Barb

She was a wonderful, inspiring, faith based woman. I'm happy she was full of smiles on Larry King Live just 2 days ago. May she rest in Peace. I'll miss her.

Rena

I am so sad that Tammy Faye is no longer here. I just watched her on Larry King Live Thurs. I told a friend that I thought she was telling us all a final goodbye. I have followed her since the 80's. I love her. A great lady of strength she is. Please you nay sayers keep to yourself. How can you be sooo undignified? Would you want people saying those things about you? You are the type of morons that nobody cares to listen to. Get over your anger for what ever reason you have and not pass it on to a deceased human being. Get out of the gutter!!! ALOT OF PEOPLE ADORED HER AND ALWAYS WILL! God Speed Tammy.

Moe

Tammy you seemed like a wonderful person and you were wonderful on Larry King. People who make fun of someone who dies hasn't had someone close to them die, or doesn't have a heart.

Dan

Rest in peace

Missy

My Prayers are with the Family at this time. Tammy had the Greatest Faith in God, that I have ever seen on this Earth. She will be missed.......

missladyday

Tammy Faye showed amazing strength and was a great inspiration to those with illness. At least now she is finally at peace. :)

PLEASE IGNORE THE TROLLS (#1 & #3 ) ; THEY'RE JUST IDIOTS WITH TOO MCUH TIME ON THEIR HANDS.

Go with the Flow!

MAY SHE REST IN PEACE! MY CONDOLENSES TO HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
TOMORROW WILL MARK THE 1 YEAR DEATH ANNIVERSARY OF MY MOTHER.
I MISS AND LOVE HER TREMENDOUSLY. MY HEART IS STILL BROKEN AND I KNOW
IT WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE I FEEL ANY CLOSURE ABOUT HER PASSING AWAY.
MY HEART IS SO EMPTY WITHOUT HER.

ParisGurl

Aww how sad I just saw her on a interveiw 3 days ago may her good soul R.I.P
You are with God now.

YEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!

God bless the soul of this nice lady. RIP

royalefish

What a brave woman. Yes, she was not perfect but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Hateful comments are not justifed.....why bother.....bitterness consumes the vessel.

May you rest in peace, you are now free from pain and these mean hateful people.

Jack

Just out of curiosity, what did she do that was so great? All I can remember about her is the fact that she and her husband screwed thousands of people out of their hard earned money.