Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

Sarah

To" Democrats are evil".

I'm mostly thought of myself as a Democrat and am very much a Christan. How sad that you sit in judgement of people. How UnChristian that comment was. May God forgive our ignorance.

Sarah

To "Julia"....try to not be so afraid, so terrified. We can change nothing but we can pray for those who are ill and also for ourselves, ask God to take this fear away. We all know that feeling.

Brenda Lee

You are now an Angel, Ms. Tammy!

You persevered through much and will be remembered for it!

Warrior for Christ

Tammy Faye you were a so sweet. now that you are home in heaven you were the best angel down here doing what Christ Jesus asked us to do. I know that are LORD told you the Sec you went to be with him. WILL DONE MY CHILD WELCOME HOME. I am praying for your family down here tammy faye now just rest. God bless your family amen

Daneen

I always liked Tammy Faye. She smiled gracefully through everything. I recently bought a book of hers at the dollar store of all places and I must've read it 10 times so far. I wasn't expecting it to be so inspiring. Rest in peace, Tammy Faye.

White Power

God sends cancer and AIDS to infect evil people who deserve to suffer. Rot in hell Tammy.

elizabethhasselSKANK

Goodbye sweet lady. you were truly a great person. here's hoping you spread that same kinda light when you're zooming around the universe.
* )

Jan

She gave the world unconditional love and will be missed.

I think her X, Jim Bakker, should not be allowed to build and sell a Christian community in Missouri. He is a jerk!!! and again people are sending him money and he is back on TV.

jane smith

RIP Tammy Faye

Stacy

This woman was truly a ray of sunshine. She loved and cared for all man kind. The most up beat, loving, and blessed woman in this decade. R.I.P. Our world just got alittle darker without her. God bless her family. She didn't want them to mourn. She is where she has worked to get to, her entire life.. She will be missed but not forgotten.

Your comments: To No. 3 - TMZ Sucks -- You seem to think everyone sucks. Your only statement is "Tammy Faye Sucks".

I hope someone tells you that your mother sucks when she dies. Get help. Actually, ever stop to think that YOU actually suck.. Sucks, doesn't it, when you get your sucky comments directed back to you. Yeah, that really does suck.

Tammy Faye, I am sure that you are home with the Lord now and out of pain and suffering.

I think you were and are a great inspiration to others. You're in a better place now.

don

to post 353
you must remember to liberals hitler stalin and mau and pol pot are not evil they are role models.

Angie from Melrose Park

To Get some common sense maybe ou should get some becaue the statement you made is as ridiculous as you are. My mother nor I am evil, my mother died from complications due to AIDS which she got from a blood transfusion brought on by a incompetent surgeon. If anything that surgeon is the evil one. I've personally have had cancer twice and I'm not even close to being an evil person.

Obviously you have been lucky enough not to have to watch a love one die an anquinishing death from AIDS or Cancer so you should be thanking God not making stupid comments such as you have posted here today.

In my prayers I'll be saying one for you for God to enlighten you to the suffering thats going on in the world around you and give you some common sense, along with some empathy.

kerrybabyxx

I always liked Tammy,and may she rest in peace.I wish she wouldn't have done that last interview with larry king,because I think she will now be remembered for the, near death way, she looked instead of her healthy made up look.