Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

Samantha

Throughout the years people made fun of the amount of makeup Tammy Faye wore, or the amount of crying she did, etc, but she took it all in stride and I admire her for that. She was a genuine, kind, caring, loving individual who never had anything bad to say about anyone and she gladly prayed for everyone no matter how many unkind or cruel things were said about her. Tammy Faye had a beautiful spirit. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Cathy

Boo Hiss on the negative comments. Tammy Faye was nothing but sweet, caring and loving to everyone she touched. So, she liked makeup, So, she married a loser. We all make mistakes.
RIP Tammy Faye, you deserve some peace with no pain.

memyself&I

May she R.I.P. God bless

skeeter

I could never understand the idiots who gave Jim and Tammy money. But I guess as the great PT Barnum said - there is a sucker born every minute.

Dobre

God bless her and her family. May God rest her soul in eternal peace. She will be surely missed. She was such a positive influence.

no_mascara_here

Tammy Faye Baker was a brave brave lady !!!! Let no one compromise that ! Having had to publicly endure her 1st husband cheating on her and losing all she helped him build .. only to be saddled with a horrible disease which she fought against and coped with with incredible courage to the very end .. Ergo: Is it really necessary to write negative and nasty stuff about a fellow human being who endured such sufferings with pitbull faith in Christ ? I resonate the words of Jesus Christ: "well done good and faithful servant" .. Tammy is in her mansion in the sky and is enjoying her eternal home in heaven with Jesus.

ChuckyDee

Finally, TMZ shows a little class.

Peeps

Tammy Faye was such an inspiration to us all. She will be sadly missed.

Scribbled Pages

Rest in Peace Sunshine... you are home with our Lord.

mawmaw

Tammy Faye you were an angel among us. Heaven is brighter today because you are there. You touched many lives in the name of Jesus, your crown will be beautiful. God Bless you honey.

barb

345. God sends cancer and AIDS to infect evil people who deserve to suffer. Rot in hell Tammy.

Posted at 5:28PM on Jul 22nd 2007 by Get Some Sense

WELL, I GUESS THAT MAKES YOU NEXT!!!

My 12 year old son died of cancer and i asure you he didn't deserve to suffer the way he did. If anything deserves to rot in Hell, it's you!!!

Ruth

God Bless Tammy Faye.
She didn't care what people said about her when she was living, so I am Quite sure she doesn't care what you say about her now.
She is out of your reach now!!!!

White Power

Judi c

I knew her and LOVED her very much. I am a former PTL partner. I stood with her and Jim through the HELL the Media put them through. They NEVER scamed or stole anyones's funds. Most people have NO IDEA how wonderful, kind and compassionate these two people were at PTL. Also it is not known by most persons/media etc., just how much was given away to Missionaries, and those programs who you would not even know. They were a BLESSING to MANY. I love them dearly. I will miss you Tammy Faye. I am so sorry that people are so cruel. I remember you telling me that you did not know why there is so much unkindness towards people who want to just help and love people. Tammy Faye you were so funny doing your Suzie and Ollie show. I wish we could find the films to play. I LOVE YOU

RIP52

369. It's really quite simple...if God gives an evil old broad like Tammy cancer He wants her to suffer because of all the sins she has committed like ripping off millions of people; if God gives a kid cancer it's because He knows that kid would have grown up to be evil and he is preventing that from happening by killing the kid young. In either case, it's all good. Don't mess with God.

Posted at 10:03PM on Jul 22nd 2007 by Get Some Sense

You really need to get help!!!!! This is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard in my life. I wonder if you get one of these dreaded diseases if you will still feel this way, or will you drop to your knees and beg God for forgiveness for you being so ignorant. This is not the place to spew this kind of trash. This is to honor someone that has died.