Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

Benzene

Tammy Faye was indeed a "beaming ray of light" and a classy lady. Even during the "bad old days" she held her head high and endured whatever came along. God bless you, Tammy Faye.

Laurie

she did have courage, and she was very, very sweet to everyone. i have always admired her faith.

truth

HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE THIS PHONY WITH PANCAKE MAKE UP. SHE RIPPED OF MILLIONS, SHE IS A SCAM ARTIST, NOTHING MORE. TMZ TRULY SUCKS!!!!
WHERE IS THAT TINKY WINKY WAVING PICTURE THEY USUALLY PUT UP FOR PEOPLE'S DEATH? TMZ SUCKS BALLS

tmw

Rest in Peace TAmmy Faye

annanicolestern

Tastefully done TMZ. You coulda used the more ghastly recent pics from Larry King, but you didn't, and I'm guessing (hoping) out of respect.

I saw Tammy on Larry King the other night and altho I did not really follow her life, I was truly inspired by her undying faith.

RIP Tammy, condolences to her family~

Rena

To #35. No Larry King was'nt exploiting her of her illness. Tammy Faye requested the interview. That's why I say I believe she wanted to give her final fair well. I really think she knew it was time.PLEASE all be kind and God Bless her family.

Nance

Do you know if you died, tonight would you go to Heaven? John 3:16

JERRY

IT IS SAD TO HEAR ABOUT HER DEATH. I HAD HEARD ALL THE DRAMA WITH HER EX HUSBAND. AND DID NOT KNOW IF SHE WAS INVOLVED IN IT. BUT I HER IN THE SURREAL LIFE AND THAT'S WHEN I REALLY GOT TO KNOW HER. I THOUGHT SHE WAS A GREAT PERSON. FULL OF LOVE AND PASSION. WOULD LIKE TO HAD KNOWN HER. I HAD BEEN KEEPING UP WITH HER LATELY AND SHE LOOKED VERY SICK, I JUST WANTED TO BE THERE FOR HER.

rita madel

l just saw Tammy Faye on Larry King, may she rip.

MeLrose

Those "Negative" posts about Tammy were VERYYYYYYY uncalled 4 is right- What Goes around comes around,,,,,,,,,,,,better believe it so if u have nuttin nice 2 say then don't say nuttin @ all ect-
RIP Tammy Faye

chillout music girl

PS. My grandmother died of colon cancer.
This woman was strong until the end.
Her ex husband had a affair, was arrested -tammy stayed by his side until 1992.
Saying bad things about a person doesn't help anything.. Jim Baker made some mistakes and so did tammy in the PAST.
She has been married to Roe Messner for 13 years.
Her life was happy with this man...

TMZ has many other articles for people to laugh at.. But someone dying isn't..
It is very wrong to make fun of the dead..
This woman had more character than some of you NAYSAYERS.
If god can forgive her so can you... only god has a right to judge her.

scoup

Burn in hell bitch!!!!! Hell has a special for you! Money was the only thing you cared about. I wonder how many old ladies sent you there last penny so you could send it on a air conditioner for your dog house and fixtures made of gold for bathroom

reba24u

God Bless Tammy Fay. She was an example of courage and optimissim. She suffered enough for her sins

jiggy-withit!

I hope she brought her mascara with her....
RIP Tammy

Rena

#53 AREYOU KIDDING? Assissted suicide????? You don't have a clue!!! Where in that empty space sitting on your shoulders come up with that?? I know you have been living under a rock for quite some time. God Bless you anyway.