50 Cent Sues: I'm Sick of Being Shot, Yo!

7/23/2007 7:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that 50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, is suing an Internet advertising company for over $1 million for creating a "game" that allowed players to "shoot" at a character based on his likeness. Nine times is enough!
Click to launch!
According to the complaint filed in New York County Supreme Court, an online game called "Shoot the Rapper" was created by the Traffix corporation and featured a cartoon image of Fiddy accompanied by the line, " 'Shoot' the Rapper and you will WIN $5000 or 5 Ringtones Guaranteed." Go shorty! In 2000, Fitty was attacked and shot nine times in Queens, New York ... but unless you've been living in a cave, you knew that already.

The multi-platinum-selling artist is suing for negligent and intentional emotional distress, defamation -- and is claiming he is owed money due to Traffix's "unlawful use" of his portrait/image. Besides the million bucks, Fiddy is also asking for punitive and exemplary damages, as well as reimbursement for any costs and fees incurred in bringing the complaint to court.

A call to Traffix was not immediately returned.

Too Pooped to pop

YOU CAN'T SPELL CRAP WITHOUT RAP !!!!!

Stephanie K

personaltransformations.org

looo

this is REALLY old.

AHHHH!!

ugly fool

TH

I guess it's OK for his lyrics to espouse violence and the like. This is definitely calling the kettle black, and a wee-bit hypocritical and two-faced.

AHHHH!!

im sorry

know it all

That's fun for the whole family !!! Like the dunk tank at the fair !!!

LAS VEGAS REALTOR SCOT SAVAGE

I would love to be made into a video game character. But I'M a TV whore.

celebrity.web.net

hahahahah no he's not

Cat Stevns

just shoot him and be done with it!

whatever4

whatsamatter, can't take what u dish out? c'mon, tough guy....u all tough like that, public will shoot at u online...better than in real life, right dawg?

U Know Who

I feel as if he is admitting, they all look alike?

I'm sorry but he loses this one in court. It says shoot "THE Rapper" is he all of a sudden "The Rapper"? Hah that'd be like Rakim or Tupac or B.I.G. but definitely not this chump.

Max Sawdust

um, no thanks

I can't imagine how many young people have lost life, limb, friends and relatives and/or ended up a prison trying to fit an image 50 cent and other musicians have so successfully promoted.
I hope one day people who have been directly and indirectly harmed by people like 50 cent are able to sue not only them but the record labels and producers for damages.

costaMesaboy

hypocrite,,,,,,,,,,,,,stupid african

jen

ok... has anyone actually seen it? The shooting device is a camera. When I first saw it, I was going to complain to somebody... but I couldn't figure out who. It was wrong on so many levels.... shoot should have been in quotes and it wasn't and it took me awhile to see that it was a camera that was doing the shooting. I'm not a 50 Cent fan. I don't listen to rap music, I do not understand half of what there saying. The advertisement was just done in poor taste and I was offended.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments