Birkhead-Opri Battle Bite

7/23/2007 2:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Birkhead continues to sink his teeth into his former lawyer, Debra Opri, and Dannielynn is also getting in on the act. Larry told TMZ that Dannielynn now has six baby teeth and is using Larry as a teething ring.

Opri was also chewed up by a not-so-flattering feature piece in the L.A. Times this weekend. The article covered Opri's rise to celebulawyer, her relationship with Birkhead, and some of the outrageous line-items on Birkhead's bill which included $1,500 a month for Debra's publicist, $119 per e-mail and $96,000 in cellphone calls.

Birkhead is suing Opri for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and legal malpractice. Birkhead alleges that Opri offered to take his case free of charge, while Opri countered, "I don't work for free. I just don't. I can't afford it."

Two weeks ago, Birkhead won a key battle against Opri when Judge Charles C. Lee granted his request for a preliminary injunction, which requires that Opri return $591,250 of Birkhead's money, which is being kept in a blocked account that can only be touched by court order.

Liz

Happy To Be Me

Nope, no nuts here...And, don't want any either. And, no, I'm not jealous. I can't imagine who I'd be jealous of? I'm not entangled in any legal battle, and I'm not jealous of anyone who is. The name "Happy to be Me", means that I'm happy that I'm not one of the people who TMZ constantly reports on, and that my life is peaceful. I'm just happy I'm not you Frank, or Opri, or Virgie, or any other of you. Especially, I'm happy because I'm not like like the post from the person who calls herself "Anna"

Lol

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

23. 103. as always a lurker, greta posted today

Posted at 2:53PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by Windi

The focus is that HKS is with Anna.. and how happy she is and things are going well. And then Anna passed things weren't going well and she wasnt happy. Howard still by her side. Through the good and the bad.

I think it is HILARIOUS you have to Regroup - I don't think the Judge will allow one to switch 'FORUMS' as easily as you TRY to do when the heat is on :)

BTW - have NEVER had to change my name or regroup in my SUPPORT.

Posted at 3:36PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by butterfly

________________________________________________________________

Just watched the video. There Stern is, once again, lurking in the wings. Not sitting comfortably in a chair enjoying the interview. No. Can't do that. Got to make sure there is CONTROL.

I first saw him lurking on the Anna Nicole Show. I knew he was infatuated then as no respectable man would accept the trashy way she treated him. I didn't think it was admirable then nor do I now. It was PATHETIC!

einy

I don't know who I detest more
Larry Birkhead or Howard Stern

They are both piss poor excuses for men!

Time WILL Tell

It's a shame he turned out like he did, sure had a of us fooled, for a time. Opri should be payed, he didn't work for that money, he played on the bed and had is picture taken. REAL HARD WORK! Pay the lady, the money was never in your pocket (good thing) you will never miss it. You sure have changed your outlook on money, since you were on Larry King Live, haven't you?

Liz

orig JMO

Hmmmm. Which is worse. People that don't pay fraudulent bills or a person that does the fraudulent billing? I would say the person that does the fraudulent billing. Larry is ony fighting to get a incorrect billing corrected. As he should do exactely that.
As any of you on here should do.

An attorney cannot bill for cigars, lobsters, drycleaning, various meals for people, husbands travel expenses and drycleaning and food.

Opri has some explaining to do, and I don't think she can wiggle out of all this. Opri even admitted that Larry only VERBALLY said she could transfer HIS money to HER account. And she did not have it in writting because she was too busy to get it in writting. The judge will not buy that. Attorneys have laws they are suppose to follow. Many don't get caught when they break the rules of conduct. Opri was careless and thought no one would notice what she was doing?? Not a very smart attorney. Lil Opri made a Lil mistake. Actually, a lot of Lil mistakes. And the mistakes has names, conversion, mis-appropriation of funds, fraud, lying about having Larry's authorization to transfer funds... in-correct billing... ouch. Opri is going to feel this one, and it is going to hurt her professionally. Already has. No one will hire her again...at least no one that has heard of her mis-dealings.

Tracy

52. When is her license to practice law going to be revoked. She stole his money, and should go to jail! Keep fighting her LB.

Posted at 4:47PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by lolly

She also fraudulently signed (forged) his name on a check and he has turned that over to LA police to investigate and wants charges pressed. She is as money hungry as Virgie is.
I have to laugh at all the people that say pay her. I would love to see any of them pay for cigars have their name forged or the outrageous dinners and cell phone bills, e-mail that is free to send and takes 2 mins to write, each on at $119.00. If these people are willing to pay that then it just shows how unintelligent they are.

agentzero

This is a huge win for Birkhead in the public arena, the article will show the ridiculous items that Opri was charging to his bill. Now the people in the LA area will know what kind of agenda Opri had when taking on Birkhead as a client, and her plan of taking on a high-profile case for publicity is really backfiring. It is too bad though that Birkhead will no doubt try and turn this portrayal as the victim into public support when he attempts to rob the Marshalls of money that he naively believes he is entitled to.

Rae

Larry Birkhead has done absolutely nothing wrong here - except to believe Opri. She steals 500,00 from him and then has the gall to send him a bill for even more?

Tracy

51. YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL WHO DON'T PAY THEIR BILLS. LOTS OF CROOKS ON HERE SUPPORTING LARRY THE CROOK. PAY YOUR BILLS PEOPLE INSTEAD OF MAKING A LIVING OFF BEING A CROOK.

Posted at 4:45PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by PEOPLE WHO SUPPORTS CROOKS ARE CROOKS TOO

I hate to burst your bubble but it is Opri that is the crook. So it must be you who is supporting a crook. Good luck because you will see she is in some deep stuff. Because she is greedy and it will be her downfall.

Liz

IF THERE WAS A CONTEST TODAY FOR THE BIGGEST LIAR & DEADBEAT, IT WOULD BE A TIGHT RACE BETWEEN BIRKHEAD & STERN.

orig JMO

RE:57. Anna & Daniel would still be alive today if Howard & Larry had left her alone so she could have gotten the help she needed for her addiction. Neither wanted to work so they had to support her habit so she in turn she could support them financially.

Posted at 5:03PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by LARRY IS A NOBODY & HOWIE MAKES TWO.

You are an idiot. Cannot blame Larry for Anna and Daniel's death. He was not there. Why in the hell doyou think he was fighting for Danni? Larry KNEW the condition of that bunch. That is one reason he left. His pregnant girlfriend would not change her ways, even though she was pregnant with his child. Instead she run like a coward because she knew Larry would get his child if she stayed in the states. But Larry did not give up - he continued the fight, and thanks to an Bahamian lawyer, has his child. Anna is dead at her own stupidity and Howard's willingness to assist her in her stupidity.

Liz

Opri is going down
THERE'S NO WAY AN IDIOT LIKE YOU COULD BURST ANYTHING OF MINE. DEADBEATS LIKE YOU & LARRY EXPECT PEOPLE TO WORK FOR FREE. YOU SOUND LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT. WHEN DID YOU GET THAT LABOTOMY?