Birkhead-Opri Battle Bite

7/23/2007 2:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Birkhead continues to sink his teeth into his former lawyer, Debra Opri, and Dannielynn is also getting in on the act. Larry told TMZ that Dannielynn now has six baby teeth and is using Larry as a teething ring.

Opri was also chewed up by a not-so-flattering feature piece in the L.A. Times this weekend. The article covered Opri's rise to celebulawyer, her relationship with Birkhead, and some of the outrageous line-items on Birkhead's bill which included $1,500 a month for Debra's publicist, $119 per e-mail and $96,000 in cellphone calls.

Birkhead is suing Opri for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and legal malpractice. Birkhead alleges that Opri offered to take his case free of charge, while Opri countered, "I don't work for free. I just don't. I can't afford it."

Two weeks ago, Birkhead won a key battle against Opri when Judge Charles C. Lee granted his request for a preliminary injunction, which requires that Opri return $591,250 of Birkhead's money, which is being kept in a blocked account that can only be touched by court order.

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

8. I hope the courts get it straightened out for them. I believe that she did tell Larry would do it for nothing. But once she saw that Larry would make that money, she wanted all of it. I also believe that she overcharged Larry because she thought he would just pay up and forget it. She overcharged also because she was mad because Larry let her go. I ALSO THINK THAT OPRI SPENT MOST OF THAT MONEY IN THE TRUST THAT WAS LARRY'S AND THAT IS ILLEGAL.

Posted at 2:48PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by I hope the courts get it straightened out for them
___________________________________________________________________

THE MONEY HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN THE ACCOUNT!

Larry was just trying to smear Opri by making everyone THINK she had spent the money, apparently successfully. If the money weren't there, I assure you that would have been leaked IMMEDIATELY.

I do not think Opri is a liar. She may be tripped up for apparently not having Larry sign additional fee agreements or a disclosure concerning attorney review, for a contract signed a day after signing one that had all of those things. I wonder if he realized this all along?

Larry does not claim that Opri, herself, forged Larry's name on any check. He just he didn't sign it. Who knows? Maybe he just forgot. Guess we'll see.

All EVIDENCE points to the fact that Opri did NOT agree to do this for free. As a matter of fact, the EVIDENCE points to the opposite.

If anyone has proven themself to have a credibility issue, it is Larry. He really pulled a fast one on the public. I wouldn't trust him EVER. He is not a man of his word and a real flake.

FYI: Any interest does not belong to Opri and she knows that. There are rules surrounding the interest earned on these accounts.

Opri is allowed to co-mingle other client's trust money (not her own money, however) in one trust account (not her own money, however) as long as there is a detailed accounting and she does not use one client's money to pay another. I has crossed my mind that the reason she did not produce the bank statement was that she had other client's money in the account and she did not want to disclose the large amount in the account, nor potentially violate the attorney-client privilege with her other clients. Just a thought...

romil1

Here we go again! TMZ you spin things toward the sick segment of society & they fall right into your hands. Noone knows the real, complete story of who is the "guilty" party here but we have to hate someone, right? TMZ is a prime example of what is wrong with the media in this country. Sickos!

Liz

LARRY HAS HAD SO MANY LAWSUITS TILL I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THEM. HE LIKES TO SUE FAMOUS WOMEN. A GREAT WAY FOR HIM NOT TO WORK BUT TO BUY HIS SUNGLASSES.

jerry

TO #11 DAVE O UNLESS YOU WHERE IN THE COURT WITCH I DON'T THINK SO SHUT -UP.HARVEY WOULD NOT WRITE IT IF IT WAS NOT THE TRUTH.UNTIL YOU PROVE ME OR HIM WRONG SHUT THE F--K-UP.

janice

It's just a matter of time before this thread turns into HKS bashing and Virgie/O'Quinn praising. :-)

Posted at 4:41PM on Jul 23rd 2007 by Only swim in the Ocean

Why is that?? You people who think suing people who help someone truly amazes me. You think the American public can not see through you? Or you think we will go away! You keep us coming here.

Twelve Days in Houston

Disagree - according to the article at hand...

That night, he appeared on Van Susteren's show and off camera asked the anchor her opinion of Opri. "He said that Opri was going to charge him nothing because she was going to get a lot of publicity out of it equal to her fee," Van Susteren recalled. "I said, 'You can't beat that.' "

That night in question would be the day he signed up with OPRI... He thought it from the GET GO.

Time WILL Tell

If my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a check involved, I believe it was a electronic transfer.

Brenda

I went over to Art Harris's Web sit and told him what I was thinking of his reporting for news articles and Howard has is source and has usually it is being moderation what ever that means ...And told him to come to TMZ for the scoops not going over other people;s material and then claiming it for his own ,, Let Howard do his own dirty work lol

justpicky

FOLKS , DEBRA IS MONEY HUNGRY .........

SHE'S JUST PISSED AT LARRY AND SHE'S GETTING AS MUCH

MONEY AS SHE CAN .............THE ENTIRE STORY MAKES NO

SENSE .............HOPE THERE'S A GOOD JUDGE WHO CAN

SOLVE THIS PROBLEM .........AND BE HONEST ..................

READ WORD FOR WORD.............CAUSE SOME OF THIS SOUNDS LIKE

DEBRA CHARGE FOR STUFF THAT SHOULDN'T.

OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............LAWYERS CAN'T BE TRUSTED

HEY I COULD FOUND YOU A LAZY LAWYER , THIS DUMBASS WILL NOT

DO A THING , BUT MAKE YOU WAIT , FOR MONTHS / YEARS .

justpicky

GET PROOF OR COPIES FROM THE COURTHOUSE .....

SHOW IT ON HERE SO WE CAN READ WHAT THE JUDGE SAID .........

orig JMO

The half million was a transfer withouT Larry's approval. The checks she signed was for DONATIONS that was given to the "Support DaniLynn legal fund" which OPRI started again without Larry's approval. As soon as Larry heard about the "Fund", he posted on his site for people to NOT to Donate because he DID not authorize it and it was done without his authorization. OPRI started the "Legal" fund and kept the money that people had given. Larry's attorney is getting records to find out just how much was donated and Opri kept. So Opri told Larry pro bono and then sets up a Legal fund to off set her fees. Sly dog. But it did not work. These are the checks she signed illegally.

Studio

I will believe Art Harris web site before TMZ. this site is for kids out of school. What crap some of you write.

Peggy

test

Liz

Dannielynn supports Larry while he tries to avoid paying his bill.

Liz

Larry speaks out of both sides of his mouth. He lies so much till one side of his mouth can't keep up with what the other side of his mouth is saying.