Mindy McCready Does it Again

7/23/2007 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Melinda McCreadyCountry singer Mindy McCready (and apparent permanent train wreck) was arrested early Saturday morning in Florida and charged with battery and resisting arrest.

McCready, 31, was charged with the two misdemeanors, according to booking information. The Lee County Sheriff's Office would not discuss what happened nor what led to her arrest.

McCready, who had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time," has struggled in recent years, beginning with a 2004 conviction for fraudulently obtaining prescription painkillers. She was on probation for that offense when she was charged with driving under the influence in 2005.

She was found not guilty of the DUI charge, but guilty of driving on a suspended license.

McCready was released on $1,000 bail Saturday and is scheduled to appear in court August 14.

UPDATE: In an interview with WINK TV in Florida, McCready says she is considering filing charges against a Sheriff's deputy for what she calls brutality. McCready told the TV station the bruises on her body were put there by deputies. She also says she was starved in jail and maced for no reason.

McCready accused the officers of tackling her while she was holding her 15-month-old son. "They tackled me. They didn't give any directions. They just tackled...It's just not right," she said. But the sheriff's department countered that they, in fact, took the baby away before wrestling McCready to the ground. As for the mace charges, police say McCready caused a disturbance in jail and was subdued with pepper spray.

According to the Sheriff's Department, deputies were called to the house because of a domestic dispute. When they arrived, McCready's mother claimed her daughter became violent after drinking. Officers say they saw scratches on the mother's face and say McCready's breath reeked of alcohol. McCready reportedly denied everything and called her mother "crazy." According to WINK, McCready resisted arrest, and had to be restrained. That's when she hit her her head on the ground, which caused the gash on her face in her mugshot.

McCready was then taken to jail, where deputies say she acted so disruptive they were forced to use pepper spray to control her.

McCready told WINK News, she plans to visit a doctor and a lawyer today.

Doug

She is only 31? I thought from looking at her pics she was 53 at least. That's odd.

Terry

# 14
Your so wrong about the health care. You do need to apply which many have not and or will not!
I found very good help by applying after having no health insurance what so ever. I don't want anything to change, Apply dam it! if your lower income and in need of health care. I also got many free drugs I needed from the drug companys, I am on my way to recovery because of our wonderful health care system and this on very little income! it's there you only have to reach out for it and fill out alot of paper work, That is were the issue is as i see it period..

Jodi

I Do agree that Mindy McCready should be held accountable for her actions. I also think that she needs help. I'm not trying to "enable" her. I guess I'm just sick of people making fun of her. Since when have "human train wrecks" been fun? I don't find them fun. I mentioned her past because I think that if you know more about a person, you won't laugh at them, at least if you have any kind of human decency. I also honestly doubt that she "needed to be maced"-You just have to know Florida, that's all I can say on that. As to the poster who asked : Who Mindy McCready is? A talented human being with potential and one of God's children who needs help....like we all do sometimes.

What are you that Stupid?

This chick needs some serious help

chriissy

Here is another stupid idiot posing for the cameras like a narcissistic biotech.
She would be better off posing with the light bulbs that can be used for global
Warming awareness, they are called compact fluorescent, and they come in
Different varieties, colors sizes etc.

I am so sick of these young girls posing and making love to the camera.
It is disgusting. They should really do some more wholesome shoots.
Got Milk? Planet earth

anonymous

any looks that she once had are COMPLETELY GONE. what a DOG.

anonymous

any looks that she once had are COMPLETELY GONE. what a DOG.

Nicky

okay if u read the artical that someone posted on the first page of comments u'll see how much the health care here sucks it says that she was in the hosptial last week b/c she tried to commit suicide with pills&Alcohal shouldnt see be in like the psyc ward??? If shes this sick her child also needs to be put in state care before he or she gets old enough to understand what their mother does and turns out like her its a very sad thing and I hope that she gets the help she needs shes in my prayers

married with children

Why did u guys and gals even bother posting here or reading the news piece for that matter. It is obvious you aren't fans!

Fan of Mindy's

I am not enabling anything. But apparently you don't understand what it's like to be in a relationship with someone you care about only to have it destroyed. It's very difficult, if not close to impossible to just drop those feelings and move on from everything. For years that's the only way of knowing how to live- you can't just change over night. I agree she needs help, but she doesn't need to be pushed away. She's not like Britney and doing it for attention (like checking into rehab to check out, go back, and then blame others for it.) I know what it's like to not be able to let go of a relationship just because it's over. I've done it myself.

FlBiker

Sooner or later one of her suicide attemps will succed.

San

Hopefully the doctor or the lawyer will give her a big hug, then call a rehab. That lady has a monkey on her back...she deserves a better life. How sad.

give me a break

Does TMZ ever show any compassion? People have problems, feelings ect.

Go with the Flow!

WHERE IS AL SHARPTON. IS HE GOING TO HELP THIS TRASH. SHE IS CLAIMING
BRUTALITY. SHARPTON? WHERE ART THOU, SHARPTON? OH THAT'S RIGHT
SHE IS WHITE! PUT HER IN JAIL AND THROW AWAY THE KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S SHE SEEMS
LIKE SHE WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF THIS EVEN BLAME FLORIDA'S FINEST.

SHE PROBABLY BEAT HERSLEF UP OR SOMEBODY ELSE DID AND NOW THE HAS BEEN WANTS MONEY! SO SHE CAN DRINK AND DRIVE AND RISK PEOPLES LIFE AND HER KIDS LIFE, DON'T CARE ABOUT HERS. IT IS A HARSH THING TO SAY BUT I HATE PEOPLE WHO DRINK AND DRIVE. I HOPE SHE WILL NOT GET ANY SPECIAL TREAMENT LIKE PARIS GOT...BY THE WAY WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT INVESTGATION ABOUT PAIS HILTON'S ROYALTY TREATMENT, i TOLD YOU IT WILL GET SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET LIKE LEE BACA'S EARLY RELEASE OF PARIS.
GOD SAVE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David D.

The police tackled Mindy to the ground while she held her baby! They could have seriously injured the baby just because Mindy and her mom had an argument. I hope Mindy sues the police for millions of dollars!