Mindy McCready Does it Again

7/23/2007 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Melinda McCreadyCountry singer Mindy McCready (and apparent permanent train wreck) was arrested early Saturday morning in Florida and charged with battery and resisting arrest.

McCready, 31, was charged with the two misdemeanors, according to booking information. The Lee County Sheriff's Office would not discuss what happened nor what led to her arrest.

McCready, who had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time," has struggled in recent years, beginning with a 2004 conviction for fraudulently obtaining prescription painkillers. She was on probation for that offense when she was charged with driving under the influence in 2005.

She was found not guilty of the DUI charge, but guilty of driving on a suspended license.

McCready was released on $1,000 bail Saturday and is scheduled to appear in court August 14.

UPDATE: In an interview with WINK TV in Florida, McCready says she is considering filing charges against a Sheriff's deputy for what she calls brutality. McCready told the TV station the bruises on her body were put there by deputies. She also says she was starved in jail and maced for no reason.

McCready accused the officers of tackling her while she was holding her 15-month-old son. "They tackled me. They didn't give any directions. They just tackled...It's just not right," she said. But the sheriff's department countered that they, in fact, took the baby away before wrestling McCready to the ground. As for the mace charges, police say McCready caused a disturbance in jail and was subdued with pepper spray.

According to the Sheriff's Department, deputies were called to the house because of a domestic dispute. When they arrived, McCready's mother claimed her daughter became violent after drinking. Officers say they saw scratches on the mother's face and say McCready's breath reeked of alcohol. McCready reportedly denied everything and called her mother "crazy." According to WINK, McCready resisted arrest, and had to be restrained. That's when she hit her her head on the ground, which caused the gash on her face in her mugshot.

McCready was then taken to jail, where deputies say she acted so disruptive they were forced to use pepper spray to control her.

McCready told WINK News, she plans to visit a doctor and a lawyer today.

Minette

What's wrong with her? She's Florida trash, not that all Floridians are trash but the ones that are are really trash. She came from trash, always acted like trash.
Then she got famous and the only thing that changed was she was now expensive trash with expensive trashy outfits always showing her belly ring--always, like she couldn't just have it but she had to flaunt it.
Her behavior is that of your typical, under educated, use-the-looks-and-sex-to-make-a-buck bimbo.
She tried to use other famous people to extend her 15 minutes but she doesn't have any class so she couldn't make it work.
She can sing that's for sure but that total lack of real class is what made her a flash-in-the-pan instead of a lasting celebrity.

an quarter century recovering alcoholic drug addict

I am only posting once, as I just read these comments once in a while.

I, too, don't know who this person is.

However, I do know, from years of AA, that being an addict/alcoholic is a life a pure torture and pain. Once you hit a certain point, there is no joy or fun in using. Some people are, by the grace of God, able to get sober and clean. AA or NA is the best place for that, and sometimes people are so screwed up physically and emotionally they need rehab to come out of it safely.

AA saying re what is a disease: "It is not my fault, but it is my responsibility." Taking consequences for one's actions actually does help people "hit bottom," which is necessary for most people to have a shot at being successful in fighting to live a clean and sober life. Getting sober/clean was the most joyful thing in my life. I wish the same for ANY person, celebrity or not. We are all human beings, capable of joy and pain.

It is hard to read some of the inhumane comments posted here. I think that this Mindy is not the only one who needs some help. I, too, am appalled by the coverage of celebrities and their issues when our troops are suffering and dying abroad. There are more important news stories. And I would have hated to have my struggle commented on and publicized as this one is. And to have people making hurtful statements.

What I found was that when I got sober, that was the only important thing in my life, and what people thought of me was irrelevant. I stuck close to my friends and family, not only for support, which mostly came from AA, but to show them I was no longer going to be a worry.

I encourage anyone out there who is having a problem to get to an AA or an NA meeting.

For people who are living with substance abusers, there is Alanon and special programs for children having to live with substance abusers. These focus on supporting those having to deal with substance abusers to "detach with love."

I have recently become interested in reading posting boards such as this one, just to see what they are like.

I guess it takes all kinds, but these boards do seem to attract some people who feel the need to put others down in an extremely ignorant fashion. I guess I would say to them...work on your own life. All this anger expressed at someone you don't even know seems unhealthy.

Life is tough enough without seeking out places to vent your anger. Why don't you people who feel the need to be abusive about a stranger go volunteer or do some good in the world?

Lanie

How sad. She used to be BEAUTIFUL...and talented. She definitely needs help. It is sad to see people continue to abuse alcohol and drugs --even though it keeps getting them into trouble.

celebrities need to check themselves into REAL rehab programs-- not the pricey fake ones like Promises...Certainly, there is less privacy in the REAL DEAL rehabs--but if you are serious about getting your life back in order--- and not becoming an unemployed loser or living in a jail permanently---or worse yet, DYING young... They should go to a place that can REALLY help them.

TINA AUTH

GOD MINDY...DID PARIS HILTON TEACH YOU NOTHING???

Patti

What an amazing talent she had.. it's so sad to watch her decline like this. She has so much potential. I wish she would seek help and get herself under control.

SHAR

MOST OF THE COMMENTS WERE SO INSENSITIVE- i nearly choked at the lack of compassion people have for those with chemical addictions and most likely mental instability.. speaking from experience i know firsthand the devastion drugs and alcohol can take- and how difficult it is to beat your demons, making it harder for one to stop the abusive behavior or actually feel loved. as i sit here trying to make it another day i will pray for mindy in the hope she gets help or finds support through friends, family and GOD.. i am far gone also mindy- but if i can make it to 13 days- i KNOW you can. it's never to late.,, never !!!!

Seth

Who?

ImChuckBass

Who is she again?

rrogers

Response to comments by me:

I whole heartedly agree with you! But I do apologize for calling her a bitch because my dog was once a bitch and she took very good care of her puppies to give them a great start in life!

All she is a drunken/drug addict free whore who is not being a responsible parent

Fan of Mindy's

No, she wasn't married to Dean Cain...they were engaged. She broke up with him. Her label dropped her after her 2nd album because it didn't fair well. That's when things went bad. I feel horrible for her. If you'd see what her ex did to her in their relationship (the father of her baby, which was an accident), you'd see why she is this way...

horseshoe

Its funny the comments is not the same as they were for the two arrested Rappers. Is it the guns or the skin color?

tiffany

she needs to go to jail , like the rest of us.THis is her third arrest.doesn't that mean she's out.

Karen

GET SOBER ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why or why can't you alcoholics GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? YOU cannot drink or do drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't people like you GET IT???????/// Leave your POOR Mother alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaughingAtHarvey

LOOK AT THE WOUND ON HER FACE.....WHY CAN'T THE COPS ARREST SOMEBODY WITHOUT BEATING THEM UP? SEVERAL COPS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN ARREST A WOMAN WITHOUT PHYSICAL BRUTALITY? COULDN'T TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO TALK HER DOWN? NO, COPS SUCK. THEY ENJOY BRUTALIZING PEOPLE WHEN THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH. BRAINLESS MORONS BECOME COPS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET A JOB ON THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. THEY SHOULD RESERVE BRUTALITY FOR COMBATIVE DANGEROUS CRIMINAL TYPES...NOT DRUNK WOMEN. PUNK LOSER COPS...WUSSIES!

a fan

this is a country song in the makin......booze-abuse-big belly sherrif-jail-crazy mother-drunken byfriend........a new hit single to be released soon!!!