Mindy McCready Does it Again

7/23/2007 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Melinda McCreadyCountry singer Mindy McCready (and apparent permanent train wreck) was arrested early Saturday morning in Florida and charged with battery and resisting arrest.

McCready, 31, was charged with the two misdemeanors, according to booking information. The Lee County Sheriff's Office would not discuss what happened nor what led to her arrest.

McCready, who had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time," has struggled in recent years, beginning with a 2004 conviction for fraudulently obtaining prescription painkillers. She was on probation for that offense when she was charged with driving under the influence in 2005.

She was found not guilty of the DUI charge, but guilty of driving on a suspended license.

McCready was released on $1,000 bail Saturday and is scheduled to appear in court August 14.

UPDATE: In an interview with WINK TV in Florida, McCready says she is considering filing charges against a Sheriff's deputy for what she calls brutality. McCready told the TV station the bruises on her body were put there by deputies. She also says she was starved in jail and maced for no reason.

McCready accused the officers of tackling her while she was holding her 15-month-old son. "They tackled me. They didn't give any directions. They just tackled...It's just not right," she said. But the sheriff's department countered that they, in fact, took the baby away before wrestling McCready to the ground. As for the mace charges, police say McCready caused a disturbance in jail and was subdued with pepper spray.

According to the Sheriff's Department, deputies were called to the house because of a domestic dispute. When they arrived, McCready's mother claimed her daughter became violent after drinking. Officers say they saw scratches on the mother's face and say McCready's breath reeked of alcohol. McCready reportedly denied everything and called her mother "crazy." According to WINK, McCready resisted arrest, and had to be restrained. That's when she hit her her head on the ground, which caused the gash on her face in her mugshot.

McCready was then taken to jail, where deputies say she acted so disruptive they were forced to use pepper spray to control her.

McCready told WINK News, she plans to visit a doctor and a lawyer today.

Katerina

Is there not a single person in this woman's life who cares enough about her to get help for her?

Shelby

I feel for her child and her family. She needs some serious help. I think she should be put in a rehab/mental facility and it should be mandatory to keep her child.

Sparky

WHO CARES?

Talun Thomas

I have very little Love for the USA Police force around the country. I have worked in a few departments and in Security. The force they use is way to great with woman. I have seen broken nose's face's riddled with scratches. This woman may have been out of line. Tell the sissy cops that have to use mace on a woman that someone should use it on them. No woman needs that kind of weapon used on them if they are not armed themselves. Be men boy's of the police. If you can't handle a woman you have no business being on the job at all.

BigRon

I'd still hit it.

Cliff

Mindy who? where's Mork?

whyowhy?

I don't know that much about her, but it sounds like she is a talent who has a lot of personal problems and not getting the kind of help that she needs. Maybe she's not thinking of herself as worthy of the fame she has now. Why not give her a chance at recovery and maybe she can pull it together if she gets the right kind of help?

kelly in kentucky

I honestly feel sorry for her. But where there is smoke, there usually is fire. She does come across like a crazy b**** though.

G.

Mindy obviously has a drug and probably alchohol problem. Like so many of us Americans. Yeah even you, poking fun at her delimma. You know who you are. There is a solution. It can be found at the very front of the phone book.

Jude

Well..If her name was Hilton she have a new line of clothing in the works and somebody to wipe her butt while she's in jail.

Cliff

wow Shar! a whole 13 days! and already your telling others how to live their lives! WOW

bev

god bless her and i hope someone comes and gives her HELP

Cal Hockley

I saw this lady in a Nashville movie theatre about 8 years ago, and she looked good, an attractive semi-famous country singer, which she was at the time. I know she can't seem to stay out of trouble now. She's 31? No lie, her mug shot looks like she's at least a decade older than that. I hope she gets help or she'll probably end up found dead in some crappy roadside motel room.

St. Louis

Poor dear. She needs help and it's sad. I hope a doctor see's this and makes her a project. I know you can't help someone who doesn't want help-but befriends her. Let's all say a little prayer rather than making fun.

Tangie

So sad, I used to drink and get violent, also. When I stopped, I became a different person. I hope she gets the help she needs before she does something she will really regret, or hurts someone.