« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Baby Mama

Forcing QB

Out of the Pocket?

7/24/2007 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt LeinartHe's taken on some of the biggest, baddest men on the planet, but it's his baby mama who's hitting football stud Matt Leinart where it hurts the most -- his wallet!

TMZ has learned that the NFL pretty boy is locked in a raging legal fight with his ex-girlfriend, Brynn Cameron, over the couple's 9-month-old son Cole. According to sources close to the case, Brynn wants Matt to hand over more than $30,000 per month! That's a ton of jack for a 21-year-old living with her parents! According to sources close to the case, Leinart's pissed -- having already bought her a car, as well as voluntarily giving her around six grand a month. Leinart signed a six-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals in 2006 -- reportedly worth around $51 million.

We're told Leinart's also waging a "gung-ho" battle for custody, and recently filed a petition to establish paternity. Sources tell TMZ that the former USC star already "comes back to L.A. once a week, every week, to see the baby," but he wants a schedule where he can see the kid in Arizona as well. Unlike most pro athlete dads who have kids out of wedlock, we're told Matt is an engaged father who wants to be in his son's life.

But Cameron claims she's doing all the hard work when it comes to parenting, telling the Ventura County Star that Leinart "comes and goes whenever he wants ... he likes that Hollywood stuff and I don't like that."

The two are scheduled to hammer it out in court on August 13. Attempts to contact Cameron were unsuccessful. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

butweiner

#29, Thank you so much for your comment. "Child support is geared to income, so he should be prepared to pay. It's about 'loss of lifestyle' for the children......"

Finally, someone who understands what child support is!!!!

Tasha

I'm so tired of hearing guys moan about child support. I have one word : Trojan. Put on a condom you won't have this problem. Don't depend on the woman. If you don't want to be a father, you take action to prevent it from happening!! And better yet, how about not having a baby with a woman you don't really care about?? And same thing to you ladies. Why have a baby with someone who hasn't made committment to you or even thought about it?

carlitasway

She is taking responsibility, too. She has custody! As far as I know she's not like Britney Spears and actually is taking care of her kid. Yes, she lives with her parents now but that doesn't mean she's going to stay there. I moved in with my parents when I was pregnant with my first child so I could get help learning to care for the baby. They don't come with instructions you know. You can read all the books and it still isn't the same when they come out. 30k a month is nothing for someone getting 51 million. That 30k can get her and her child a nice house and the child a quality education. The man needs to pay up. He helped make the child, she cares for the child fulltime, the least he can do is pay.

Emmasmom

Once again the man claims the "poor me" role. I agree 30K a month is nothing on a 51 million dollar salary. I also agree it sucks for her because I am sure he has little to no involvement with his son and in the media he protrays the image like he is an "great dad." Coming from a married mom of a 4 yo, single motherhood would SUCK!

soraya

Child support is based on income. In some states it's 17% and 25% in others, why should he be different. What's the deal with all this baby mamma stuff. Marry somebody, use birth control

nicolle

Matt needs to take responsibilty, he helped make that baby and he needs to pay her what she is requesting - look $30K is nothing compared to the $51 MILLION this guy is getting for throwing a freaking ball around ! The problem is he wants to be a DISNEYLAND Dad - I 'd like to see him change a diaper, warm a bottle, sooth him at night and take care of Cole when he is sick with a fever...but then again I suppose so would Brynn Cameron ! If he gets full custody the will probably hire a nanny just to spite her.

fay

She CANNOT be serious!!!!!! She laid down with the guy, DIDN'T use birth control, KNEW that his career was going to move him into a different atmosphere, and now she wants her baby's daddy to give you $30,000 a month? For what? Why doesn't she ask her parents for that money, seeing that she's sitting on their couch day after day. This is just disgusting. As a woman, this make me sick to my stomach! How about she get off of her lazy butt, be a responsible parent and get a real job just like other single mothers out there and stop crying about how "hard" it is to be a single parent. Did she not think this was going to happen, or did she think that having the baby would just "change him"? You decided to have his baby, now decide how you are going to provide for your baby. We can't blame the baby because he didn't ask to be here, but his mother sure did, and now she has to deal with the "fun" of having Mr. Quaterback's baby while he's being shown in People, Star, and OK Mags with other women! Good Grief! This is unbelieable.

anonymous

dumb guy who sleeps with herpes infested Paris Hilton, she's dumb too, why have a kid at 21?????

Standards are badly needed.

Hey, MISFIT@7:15 - As a mom, there will BE no time for eating Beluga caviar. If she's lucky, she MIGHT find time to eat anything at all. You've never looked after a baby, have you? What a fantasy you paint. And I had the baby's father helping in the off hours....OH, and he's not being PUNISHED. He's accepting his responsibility. How old are you, anyway?
She'll get what the law allows for, and many factors have been taken into consideration in determining those amounts. If football boy decides to take up gambling, she and the child may not have future earnings. If he drinks and crashes into a tree, their funds will dry up. There are 20 or 22 long years to go for that baby. It will be 17 to 25 percent, as a former commentor stated. Why are you so intent on protecting a multi-millionaire's overpaid for what he does salary to keep it from a mother and a baby, anyway? What is HE going to do with it, party and entertain sport groupies? Better to spend it on the child.

KKM

Good for Brynn for standing up for her child and making sure he gets the support to which he is legally entitled from his good for nothing father.

I hope Matt Leinert's crotch burns every day from the freaking herpes Paris Hilton gave him. What a tool.

Natalie

Don't feel sorry for either of them. I am broke as a joke half the time and can afford condoms from my local Walgreen's.

To Bryn: Hope your hair is always greasy, you lose your figure, and you don't remember what a girls night is. Hope dating as damaged goods is the hardest thing you ever do.

to Matt: Bet you will think long and hard about that next piece of blond ass. Maybe you and Tom Brady need to have your parents sign that sex ed permission slip and learn your basics again. I don't feel good about saying this, but I hope they both suffer forever...as kids makes you do....often....

I mean, really, I have gone 28 years with a pretty serious sex life and have managed to not get preganant. Those pregnant "I was on the pill AND we used a condom" girls----straight up liars.

cltnc

She is asking for way too much and it's just because she's mad he's not going to be with her or marry her, by her comments to the newspaper that's obvious. She states he like to do the Hollywood thing, that means party with every starlet in La.... she's just mad and needs to check herself.

Tim

Brynn is trying to raise her son around values that Matt used to have before he
went Hollywood. He needs to step up to responsible fatherhood and start being responsible - like buy her (and HIS kid) TWO houses. One in So CA and one in AZ
Don't be cheap and immature. Set a better standard for the NFL players.

She Never Learns

30k a month tax-free for what ? Child support? More like Jewelry support, yacht support, ferrari suport, etc.

She's whining about 72k a year tax-free. give me a break

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

99.9% of america does not have 72k tax-free per year to raise a single child.

What a complainer.

But I agree, the USC TROJAN should have worn one.

Andy

He already pays 6,000 a month which is almost 100,000 a year. That is plenty for a single mom to live on. Plenty. I guess she wants the porshe and the celebrity lifestyle. Too bad sweetheart. She is just a gold digger who feels entitles to a lot more money. I have some advice: get a job! She could easily pay for a nanny with 100,000 a year. Nothing uglier than a woman scorn.